1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bank Or Mattress???

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by RedRiverRose, Sep 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rookies11

Rookies11 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of Canada’s Big Five.

2. cjcjcj

cjcjcj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Somewhat agree but there are some banks that are very anti-gambling as far as professional gambling goes so you don't want to risk your account getting flagged even if you "have nothing to worry about". Your bank can lock your account for legitimate reasons or not and it is a major PITA to rectify it.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  3. cjcjcj

cjcjcj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. thegov2k2

thegov2k2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Totally different issue than what we're discussing here. They did so because he's constantly dealing in large cash transactions. The average customer who conducts an occasional large cash transaction here and there has nothing to worry about. Also, if a bank decides that these occasional large cash transactions are not what they want to deal with, plenty of other banks would like to have that business. I think telling them "None of your business!" is more likely to have your business turned away than answering politely and honestly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. cjcjcj

cjcjcj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am more saying that it's common to be cautious about this sort of stuff. I'm not advocating yelling Nunya!! I just say, Vacation, if they ask(only once in maybe 10 bank trips). Which is the truth and I'm not trying to get off with anything nefarious.
    If you go to Vegas more than a few times a year, many large cash transactions may flag your account. That's why I advocate being cautious and keeping a separate gambling account away from your main bank.

6. vegas superfan

vegas superfan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Curious how you get cash for Vegas? I'd much rather go inside once and do one withdrawal than go to the ATM however many times.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, the Negreanu thing is an outlier. I'm honestly a little curious, because I've never even heard of Lexicon.
    My go-to is the Citi on Paradise, by the Hughes Center. I've had a couple drivers tell me that that's always where they take people, too.

8. Rookies11

Rookies11 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I go to the ATM a couple of times. My daily limit is over 3 figures. The Branch(es) I use are very safe and I’m Retired, so I have all the time in the world.

9. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I only get that over the phone. I've had Citi call me a couple times to upsell me. I go to a teller every couple months to deal with brokerage checks, and have never gotten any reaction at all. Though, last time, I also needed to swap out a taped-together $20, and I do not understand why there was so much typing involved.

• Like Like x 1
  10. vegas superfan

vegas superfan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like you have time to go inside the bank!

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Rookies11

Rookies11 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah. But, why bother? NO advantage. The two I go to don’t even have tellers. And again- I’m not standing in line... ever.

12. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like that quote. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  13. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have to sometimes because a brokerage check can't be deposited with an ATM or a mobile device.
    It's pretty much my life philosophy. Bring more good into the world. Similarly, when dealing with phone service, I usually put out something like, "you understand where I'm coming from, right?". Works just about every time.

• Love Love x 1
  14. Timothy

Timothy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I ever meet you in Vegas, fist round of whatever you’re drinking is on me.

Being kind and polity, even (or especially) when making a complaint, has brought me nothing but good. Similarly, like you say, it doesn’t cost you anything. People are human beings with feelings, yet there are people saying things they wouldn’t even say to their dog.

It’s about time I’m back!
    Leg 2 of 4 - show me the new Rio!
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not to mention, "complaining" can be valuable. Any manager worth their salt should want to know if something is wrong. And by the same token, I've spent 30 minutes on hold to praise someone who did something right.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. vegas superfan

vegas superfan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The advantage is one trip rather than multiple trips.

I get ot though, you aren't standing in line. That concept is completely foreign to me, living in a big city where there are lines for everything, including ATMs.

17. Legion

Legion High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The banks never blink when depositing..Different story when withdrawing..

You know what’s super shi***y?

The person who saves to go on vacation for years. That vacation finally comes so he goes to the bank only to be hassled for 12k that is his!

Same bank hassles me for 25k but because I have x Mount in cash and x Mount in investments in that bank I’m given the cell number of the Bank Manger and she makes it right.. Yet she won’t bat a eye for that persons 12k.

I own multiple business's if I ever catch one of my employees going extra because customer A has more then customer B.. Last day for that employee.. I value all my customers regardless of wealth.

Banks can will close accounts I read on this thread.
    Close the account I don’t care.. (Fun fact it starts to get real if you call their bluff and say I’ll take my money in cash in 5 days believe me the bank knocks that closing account non sense off real quick) it’s America there’s thousands of banks that will gladly accept your business

Banks need your deposits lot more then you need their 0.005 interest...

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I absolutely could not agree more. However much cash you have on hand has no bearing on how valuable you are as a customer. It's about loyalty and not being a jerk.
    Ha, as an NYC native, the lines thing always kind of baffled me. People would wait in line because other people were waiting in line. When I go through Crystals, I see people in line for the Gucci store, and can never figure that out. I barely want to wait in line at Taco Bell.

• Like Like x 2
  19. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I noticed some said due to scams the banks were questioning as to withdrawing certain amounts of money. That seems supportive. :thumbsup:
    However, Walmart only says “Thank you for shopping at Walmart “ as you leave with your 12,000 $’s in Amazon cards. That seems weird. :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Rookies11

Rookies11 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I live in the 4th largest city in North America, so I know about lines. But being more than 7 years down the road in the Retirement ‘job’, I avoid all like the plague. It’s MY time now, to be spent 100% on things I want to do. Learned from my BIL who retired decades ago in Phoenix- hours to shop (and with Covid, everything from fine Wine & Fillet to Toilet Paper & Board Games can be home delivered), eating out, exercise or attend events where there is no/ limited waiting.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.