1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Thinking about switching from Cromwell to Cosmo... need advice

Discussion in 'Comps' started by mrem3200, Sep 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrem3200

mrem3200 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Zoey! PM sent.

Rick

2. alexm

alexm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @mrem3200 If getting all those things comped at cosmo I would advise giving them some drop in play on your next trip. Don't totally burn cromwell, but spend 2-3 hours and play the way you normally play. Then go over to the host's office and have a very blunt discussion with them. Tell them you're staying at Cromwell, but becoming unhappy with the way you are treated there as a player, that normally you play 5 hours per day at the level you were playing and outline what you get for it. The host should be able to tell you pretty quickly if that is something they can do.

As an aside, if this is something they can accomplish, after your stay you should email your host at Cromwell and let him know that you are thinking of leaving the program, and why. I know it may seem silly, but if enough people tell them they are leaving because of poor comps and poor gaming conditions and that they are getting better elsewhere, it may eventually put them in a position where they have to fix things.

3. jpfromla

jpfromla RFB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In as much as I agree with everything stated, the email to Eldoraldo will do little. I sent my nicely written “Eldoraldo sucks” email through the CET website and it got bounced straight to my host and they called me. We had a short discussion, but I knew there was nothing the host could do, but report back that the guest received a satisfactory answer. I’ve known my host for 20 years and did not want to but the blame on them. The only thing Reeg MAY hear is the footsteps of his players walking out the doors.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Lady Fortuna

Lady Fortuna Blessed with luck and ignorance...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe when you try a new place, don't let CET know you're there at all. That way you're not burning anything and you can always go back to stay with CET if you want.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jsmile898

Jsmile898 Addition By Subtraction and Better Off

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually, I recommend going back to CET to maintain comped bookings and show at least some play. I haven't been back in over 18 months as borders were restricted and so all the comped rooms are gone and the offers have dried up.

I had to contact my host to get a couple days comped because they are showing as fees in the calender. According to @Chuck2009x, the comped rooms come back to the calender once you start playing a bit. Keeps CET as a future option.

6. Dr Nostron

Dr Nostron VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Me and my buddies stay at Cosmo twice a year and have had mostly great luck with dealers - know several by name and they know us - we are all strictly craps and BJ players and have never had any trouble getting rooms meals etc comped

Definitely give them a shot

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. mrem3200

mrem3200 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Dr. N, that is good to know. I sent an email to the host the Zoey was so gracious to give me the contact information for. I will certainly try.

• Like Like x 1
  8. alexm

alexm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's sort of my point though. If your host suddenly isn't meeting his goals and his boss says WTF is going on he can go back to his emails and say here is a list of the players that left us and why. I agree one player talking to their host and leaving isn't enough to do anything, but if your host ends up with a few dozen players out of his book who find better care and more love elsewhere, then it directly impacts his pocket and job performance. That happens enough and it could certainly pique the interest of some of the higher ups.

9. Dante

Dante Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are done with Cosmo when it comes to gambling. We are table players. A combination of bad luck, weak offers, high mins, and dull dealers has led to a strange vibe when it comes to gambling. Other than gambling I gotta say the hotel is great. Food, bars, and rooms are excellent. So our plan is to stay and gamble at MGM and grab food/drink at Cosmo one day.

10. mrem3200

mrem3200 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, these are two interesting and differing opinions.

11. Dante

Dante Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don’t want to dissuade you from trying it out. It’s a great hotel for all things non-gambling. And had either of us won on either of our stays there, maybe we’d have liked the gambling better. And had they sprung for a limo for my buddy when he lost bad in our last trip (he gambles a lot more than i do) they wouldn’t be our running joke. (to front door valet)”Have you ever seen someone arrive in a limo and be forced to leave in a taxi?”

It doesn’t sound like high mins will bother you. I hope you stay and take em real good! :)

12. greekjim

greekjim King Gyro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Totally agree with this statement

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. mrem3200

mrem3200 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks GJ and D for the responses. I am totally at a loss for where I am going to stay for my trip in 3 weeks. I have a reservation at my go to place The Cromwell. My host there has given my a normal offer but I want to try something different because the gaming there sucks. The host that Zoey (earlier in this thread) pointed me to has been non-responsive. So I am trying to figure it all out. Thanks everyone!

14. Jason23581321

Jason23581321 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I play pretty much just craps at Cosmo. 3 visits in 2019 (and of those 3 visits only stayed at cosmo for 2 of those) and per my host my ADT was around 700-800. Good enough for an offer of 5 nights in a wrap around w/ 200 f/b. Host comped another 500 of room charges on the back end.

Used one offer earlier this year and have another offer already. Currently gold tier. Only making 2 trips this year so I'm kinda curious as to whether my tier will be reduced. As far as the tier perks are concerned I don't think I really have much use for the gold nights and companion nights and as long as my host will set up a trip I don't know if there is any real benefit for a table game player where the Identity tier benefits are concerned. For instance, at my 3rd trip in 2019 I was still sterling and my host still set up airport transportation for me, although now that I think about it that probably counted against my player account..

And yes, my host has confirmed to me that Identity tiers are evaluated manually, but as others have pointed out that evaluation process is a black hole. She doesn't even know what the criteria are.

BTW, as an added bit of Cosmo related comp gossip, it looks like VIP check in is now restricted to high ADT players only. Longevity doesn't count for anything anymore. This does bum me out since I like using the lounge and the great service. I know 700-800 isn't a ton, but come on!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Jsmile898

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was actually surprised to come to find that many (slot) gamblers recommend Cosmo, specifically on this board. Prior to joining VMB, I went to Cosmo for years when it first opened.... Not to play but to go to Marquee day/Nightclub. I've always known it as a party hotel and didn't have a reputation for gamblers like MGM properties. Maybe their focus has never been on table games?

16. Jsmile898

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does Cosmo offer up any upfront other promotions like free play, events/prizes, or other promotions?

17. zoey11

zoey11 Mid roller and Vegas fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    She was probably swamped with Labor Day? I would wait and see if she contact you in the next couple of days maybe?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Jsmile898

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe you should try MLife. I contacted a host at MLife and got a response (not right away, but close enough) and after some communication, got comped a stay. I didn't even need to screenshot my CET offers.

19. Jason23581321

Jason23581321 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve never seen any free play for table games players. Was invited to NYE and cruise certificate giveaway. I think most of the events are a lot tournaments.

20. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you don't use the perks associated with tier (slot multipliers and additional "free" nights), and your host is arranging transport, and you're getting offers and back-end you're happy with (they sound about in-line, maybe a little generous even), then sure, there's not much reason to care about the formality of your tier level.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.