1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Losing pets

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by dtmk66, Sep 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Putting down a pet is never easy, even when you know it's time. I'm sorry for your loss.

• Like Like x 1
  2. dtmk66

dtmk66 Welcome to Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you all again, I came home from work today and buster wasn't waiting for me to take him outside, it brought tears to my eyes once again.

3. Michael Smith

Michael Smith VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry about that. My sister just had to put down her female miniature poodle who lived almost 17 years. Incredibly difficult time.

• Like Like x 1
  4. UnicornTX

UnicornTX High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You never get over it, time heals the pain. I have 3 cremated cats that I’m taking with me when I go.

I’m sorry for your loss.

• Like Like x 1
  5. pbmeow

pbmeow Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am very sorry for your loss. It's always difficult to lose a pet. I'm sure he was very happy and lived his best life. You have a special angel watching you from over the rainbow bridge now.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Catzilla

Catzilla VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just some thoughts. This is unfortunately something I deal with more than most. Because we are responsible for them, there are decisions we make that cause far more guilt and pain than just the loss of a friend. I recently bought a digital frame and put all my pet pictures on it, past and present. I've actually thought about getting rid of it because many of those pictures still hurt. But I'm trying to learn to see them for who they were, not just a replay of those final days. Making peace with those decisions I think is sometimes the hardest part. It sounds like you made good choices for Buster.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  7. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m so sorry for your loss. We had to make that decision almost 2 years ago. Ours survived cancer when she was 9 that entailed having her ear canal removed, a lymph node removed and 18 days of radiation. About a year and a half before we said goodbye she had a couple of seizures so we had to put her on meds. She was 13 1/2 and we were blessed to have had her for that long. I still miss her fiercely.

Happy birthday to me!
    Let’s check Garth off my nieces bucket list!
    • Love Love x 2
  8. LVisBeautiful

LVisBeautiful High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have not been to the park regularly since I lost my precious pup at 13, suddenly in the height of quarantine, it was a low moment. He didn't make us put him down, he decided he was done and went on his own. I can still feel his fur against my face at night, I could not bring myself to even have another doggo. My daughter brought me a foster cat, now we have two cats.

These losses is so painful, it takes time to get through it. Its terrible that we don't get pets longer, they truly are a gift. I hope your heart heals and I feel you!

9. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry to hear you're going through this but I'm sure you made the right decision.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.