1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CVS from Aria?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Jsmile898, Aug 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jsmile898

Jsmile898 Addition By Subtraction and Better Off

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've decided to stay at Aria for the first time and my first pit stop is always a CVS or Walgreens. How do I get to the CVS on the strip from Aria? Which is the fastest path (less walking). Should I get onto the strip from Aria or go through Park MGM?

2. ebbinns

ebbinns Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exit Aria from the Taxi stand, walk toward the strip, turn right on strip, enter CVS.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went there once to pick up stuff while staying at Aria. Bottled water, drinks, etc. The bags were heavy after a bit. If I did it again, I would take a rolling suitcase to put the stuff in after purchase.

It not a long walk.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, if getting much, take your rolling bag, or backpack.

Two choices:
    CVS in front of Park MGM that requires walking through out the front of Aria, or through Aria and Park MGM to get there.
    or Walgreens across at Planet Hollywood. Go through Mall then elevated crossover by Cosmo.

MAP

5. Hyperfocal

Hyperfocal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Walgreen's by PH is a much nicer and larger store with a better selection. The CVS is OK.

From the guest elevators, heading left through Crystals to the Walgreen's is a bit easier, since you have to go around the Waldorf to get to CVS. There are also no elevation changes with the chance of broken escalators.

6. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depending on what you're looking for, the ABC Stores inside Miracle Mile is a decent option as well, and often cheaper for snacks and water.

7. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The CVS you're talking about is adequate, but not as big as the Walgreens next to PH.

I got to the CVS by going out the entrance near the poker room and then walking towards the strip, across a small access road and then on sidewalk alongside the Waldorf Astoria complex. When you get to the last turn, there's escalators down to street level. I was staying at Vdara and it took less than 10 mins to walk back, so it's like 7 mins from the Aria elevators.

If you're not too lazy like me, you can walk through Crystals to a walkway that leads to Cosmo and when it gets to Cosmo there's a walkway across the strip to the Walgreens. That's probably a few minutes longer, because good chance you get lost in Crystals. But a much bigger store than the CVS.

Especially if you're going to be getting a lot of liquids, a couple of tote bags of any sort will come in handy instead of having to lug those flimsy plastic bags.

To CVS:
    upload_2021-9-5_4-37-14.png

To Walgreens:
    upload_2021-9-5_4-52-18.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Jsmile898

Jsmile898 Addition By Subtraction and Better Off

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the diagram @Chuck2009x. I much prefer Walgreens and will give that a try. I plan to bring bring some reusable totes or an empty backpack for bottles of mixers. I just have to avoid being distracted by shopping at the stores.

@Chuck2009x is it easy to find that walkway to Cosmo thru crystals?

9. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All I can say is you can see that you basically need to go diagonally through Crystals, so if you can keep your basic orientation, it shouldn't be a problem.

The only time I walked through there was coming in the other direction and I remember thinking I needed to switch levels (because the walkway is elevated, so I must have to go down to get to Aria, right?) which turned out to be a mistake.

So the only piece of advice I think I can give is that the entrance to Crystals from Aria and the exit from Crystals to the walkway to Cosmo are on the same level of the mall. I think. I'm sure there's signage I just don't remember how good it is. I'm exaggerating a bit about getting lost. :D

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
  10. vegas superfan

vegas superfan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely don't get on an escalator in Crystals. Every time I have gotten lost, it was because of the damned escalator.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.