1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Tips to avoid long check-in lines at Aria?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by humdinger, Aug 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. humdinger

humdinger Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all -

I'm heading to the Aria in two weeks. A friend of mine stayed there a couple weeks ago and said the check-in line was terribly long.

The day before I check in, I'm staying a friend's place locally. So I have all sorts of flexibility when checking in. Are there any tips I should know to avoid waiting in a long line? My buddy said that I may be able to check in via the app - is that a thing?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
    -HD

2. sandystx

sandystx Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    download and use the mobile app. You can check in on the app days before your arrival. When you have your room number in the app you can either go to the "mobile key pickup" desk which usually has a very short line or, even better, skip the desk altogether and use the digital key on your app.
    enjoy

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. billcasa

billcasa Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree completely. Note that the Aria doesn't have its own app - You download the "MGM Resorts" app which works for all the MGM hotels (including Aria). You check in ahead of time and when they assign you a room, the room number shows up on the app and you can use your phone as a room key.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe Stand Up to Jewish Hate!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree with above.. Go to the app check in support desk. It's at least partially staffed. You don't really need to be checked in on app... they'll check you in when you reach the desk.

5. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On our July trip, the check-in line was about 5 minutes long around 5:00 p.m. on a Tuesday afternoon.

6. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It depends a bit on the date and time; if you're checking in at 6pm on an event weekend, it'll be longer than at noon on a Tuesday. But I've never found it to be that long. If anything, "Invited Guest" tends to be longer because everyone in that line appears to be negotiating the Treaty of Versailles with the desk agent.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. wagon b0y

wagon b0y High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

:kill::kill::kill::kill::kill:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. petevegas

petevegas Stick with me baby, I'm the fella you came in with

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i never understand why some guests take sooooo long to check in.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It really does baffle me! If there's nobody in line behind me, I'll spend a couple minutes BS-ing with the staff, but from a practical perspective I can be in and out in five minutes. Also, if you just want a room, you can do the online check-in and go through the app. I'm personally not a fan, because I like the personal interaction, but I'm pretty sure that Aria has the "Zoom to Your Room" program, so you can go right up.

Then again, the other day I got caught in a 20-minute line at CVS because someone was doing some sort of complex Western Union transaction. I also always wind up behind the person dealing with markers at the cage. But I'd rather be unlucky there than at the tables!

10. romeocasido

romeocasido High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i usually like to check in with the app and use my phone as the key just to get my room right away and start my trip. If i want a room change or a copy of a key then i go back to the lobby late at night when at a time when the check in line isn't that long.

I stayed there twice recently during the weekend and the line would not let up even at 2am... i didn't even try getting a key.

• Like Like x 1
  11. petevegas

petevegas Stick with me baby, I'm the fella you came in with

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i was that person at the cage because my credit account had "expired" - from not using it for 12 months

12. Rutgerskid

Rutgerskid Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has the Tower Suites Room reopened yet...We are coming in on 9/5 for a Corner Suite around 3PM. When I made my reservation the person said I could use Invited Guest, so I'm guessing not? Should we risk the online check-in, or are there Corner Suites on lower floors too?

13. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Rutgerskid It's my understanding that the sky suites are guaranteed to be on a high floor, but the tower suites (which includes the corner suite) are on all floors-- so there is a risk of getting a low one.

EDC
  14. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha, don't get me wrong, I've been there. I've found that it's often faster to go to the cage window inside the host office. For me, it was because the bank linked to my marker account was closed, I was given a new account number, and they couldn't verify it.

It's just a few extra minutes usually, Vegas will still be there!

• Like Like x 1
  15. ReTriggerMe

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am changing my screen name to Woodrow Wilson!

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. ReTriggerMe

Trips to Las Vegas:
    https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/index.php?threads/aria-tower-suites-lounge-status.183696/

There are comments elsewhere that consensus is the Tower Suites Lounge will never reopen and the space repurposed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. gr8whitenorth

gr8whitenorth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Off topic (forgive me), but how early can you check in with the app to an MGM property?

18. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At least for now, they're using it as VIP check-in for Bruno Mars. But I agree. It's been made a bit redundant by the new-ish concierge lounge and the upstairs lounge. I don't know what they'll do with the Tower Suites space, but I can't really blame them for not needing three separate VIP lounges.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.