1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Taking chips home instead of cash

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by JRRestoule, Aug 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick61

Nick61 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But people don't declare legal amounts under the limit, there's no need for it. 10k for most people is an enormous amount of cash to be carrying. But it's not a lot of cash as for example, for poker players to carry around. And from what I've seen, they pretty much question anyone with large sums of cash on their person. If they find a large amount of cash on you, the questions begin. That, along with the extensive search to make sure you are indeed under the limit, they want to confirm they haven't missed any of your stash.

My point is, the mere appearance of a large amount of cash arouses their suspicions. I guess you can't blame them for having those suspicions. But IMO, there's plenty of people carrying cash who are not criminals. But if they see it, expect to be grilled. At times I've carried some significant amounts myself, but always under the legal limit.

And to be honest, I've NEVER EVER been questioned about the cash I carried. I've actually never even had them find it. But I gotta admit if I'm carrying it, it makes me jittery waiting for these guys to find it and then begin with their interrogation.

2. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You keep using the phrase "legal limit", but there's nothing illegal about carrying cash. You could have $1mm in singles, as long as you declare it, when traveling internationally, it's not a problem at all. Again, if they have to "find it", therein lies your problem.

I promise you that I know what I'm talking about on this subject.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This thread veered into politics and looking back it seems like the question has been asked, answered and answered again. I'm going to close it to further comments.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.