1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anyone Attending the Vegas CET Seven Stars Event?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Flowers, Aug 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FABismonte

FABismonte Tell my wife I am "about even."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Disappointing but not surprising. At the 2020 Millionaire Maker Final at Ceasars Palace the door prize was a worthless commemorative scroll plus a small gift box of treats like popcorn, sweets, ect.

2. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is about as expected. The hat looks as low quality as it could possibly be, like it is made out of some synthetic foam. I assume the sunglasses are the cheap throwaway drugstore variety?

The thermoses are a subliminal reminder “we don’t really do much in the way of beverage service anymore, bring your own if you really need it.”

Total cost to them in bulk for this “welcome gift” was probably less than $20. It should be embarrassing to give this to supposedly valued players. Meanwhile people are wandering around with those fancy bags and others are wishing they could be 7 stars so they could get such a nice gift.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. maxev

maxev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely the box is high quality. I remember awhile back they gave a crummy Seven Stars silver chain bracelet, which I tossed but kept the box.

Ha -- I'll store all my unused drink vouchers in the thermoses.

Or I'll take it to the welcome reception tonight and fill up on free booze.

... or maybe not. Haven't heard it's been cancelled, because I cancelled a dinner reservation at Esther's in hopes of a liquid dinner.

Oh and by the way, I fortunately was able to freely upgrade to the King Suite at The LINQ. Was planning to do a sandwich but completely forgot about it. The front desk had to call host on duty Martha, and I heard her respond "we have lots of suites open," which to me means that Martha was thinking of not giving it. After the desk, I asked if Martha was reluctant, and she said that I was on the edge. Eff you, Martha.

--max

• Funny Funny x 7
  4. FABismonte

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Note to @maxev, be sure to wear that Sevens Stars hat at the Baccanal buffet chaotic line!

• Funny Funny x 5
  5. Zeromus-X

Zeromus-X Faux-High Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I actually forgot this was happening and moved my res this weekend from The D to Bally's. As a lowly Diamond (should be Plus after this trip) we'll see what that's like.

6. B T

B T ‍♂️

Trips to Las Vegas:
    F Martha on the suite bs lol As said by @maxev the box is the nicest thing. Sadly I won’t be able to take it and have to take the miscellaneous junk inside. Fake raybans and aviator glasses seem at par with el dorado. I moved my play to Cosmo this trip. The water containers will be okay for my hikes.
    E7D0F165-8758-4865-B0E4-6914696A2B7D.jpeg 6D24EACB-0FAA-4A91-BA09-33AE6EC41CE3.jpeg 5D5867F1-A6B2-421C-B586-BD2AE6928A09.jpeg 7097FED7-81B9-4B62-90F7-D0FC5E4391C9.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  7. B T

B T ‍♂️

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not canceled or else it would be a shit show with a lot of Seven Stars being told the party is on including myself today

8. AllenAndRossi

AllenAndRossi VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the caps and the sunglasses would be appreciated by the homeless sleeping on the walkways above the strip at Flamingo and LVB.

In fact, it would be a fitting tribute to Eldorado(I have a hard time actually calling them CET anymore)to get as many Seven Stars members as possible to give those caps and glasses away to those less fortunate and make them a presence on the strip.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
  9. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So there is a welcome reception, a drawing, and some cheap gifts. Anything else? If anyone goes to the welcome reception, please let us know what you see there.

I can't really see taking a shuttle from Cromwell (or Ballys or Harrahs) to CP when it would be easier to just walk across the street, but whatever. It will be hilarious to hear the complaints about waiting for a shuttle that never came or taking an hour to get from Harrah's to CP or something like that.

10. jpfromla

jpfromla RFB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]
    Just as a comparison, this is what South Point was offering as its gift this week, logo’ed of course, $30 value for 1800 points played (you keep the points). With full pay VP.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Zeromus-X

Zeromus-X Faux-High Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was curious about the decision to even use a shuttle. It's not like they're sending a limo over. If I'm churning through $1.5 million coin-in (which I am not), surely I can pay $7 for a taxi/Lyft/Uber and not have to cram into a bus.

12. maxev

maxev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here's checkin at the small Silver Ballroom at Harrah's (must be the tiniest ballroom, smaller than my hotel room)...
    upload_2021-8-20_7-57-26.png upload_2021-8-20_7-57-50.png

My checkin was at Harrah's because I was staying at the LINQ.

I heard at the Caesars checkin (at the Laurel Lounge), people were walking around serving finger sandwiches that I hope was better than the unappetizing cheese prosciutto thing we got.

The Harrah's person said the welcome reception was at 7:30 p.m. and at the Augustus Ballroom (when I had heard 6:30 p.m. at Octavius). But I suppose they were staggering times so there wouldn't be a mad rush. And that she got the ballroom name wrong.

People at checkin were talking about taking the shuttle, which was also strange since you could walk there faster. The shuttle that was really needed was from Rio, but no shuttle love from them.

As the day progressed, I had an inkling that this would be a pretty big party (perhaps on par with their past events) based on the amount of effort that they were doing. I mean, who provides shuttles to a ballroom with just open bar? That and knowing the second October event would be based on Oktoberfest, I figured we could be in for something fun (foreshadowing!).

--max

13. maxev

maxev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Still, I shook my fist in the air and cursed the name of Martha while finding a safe place for my welcome gift.

upload_2021-8-20_8-6-29.png

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  14. vegasvstr

vegasvstr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely not appealing and with covid the lack of spacing on that tray:blink:
    Ready to see pictures of the car you won:)

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. buckeyebadger

buckeyebadger Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So looking at the water bottles provided, I see the no Fiji even for seven stars trend is continuing. Hope you won something in the drawings

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right? You must wear masks, cuz covid, but it's no problem at all if other people touch your canapes.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not to mention it is going to take longer in a taxi/Uber than simply walking across the street from Cromwell!

18. FABismonte

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree. Heck on Saturday and Sunday mornings even if I stay at Ceasars I walk over to Cromwell's Eatwell for coffee (and croissants) to avoid the lines. Easy peasy walk.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. maxev

maxev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll go through Forum Shops to get to the Starbucks at Harrah's since it's much faster than waiting in line at the two Caesars Starbucks. Plus the Harrah's Starbucks by the hotel lobby always seems to have the protein boxes, and the $10 voucher can be used (unlike at Caesars).

--max

20. maxev

maxev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to the Seven Stars Welcome Reception with three others and arrived right at 6:30 p.m. Followed all the people with signs up into the bowels of the Caesars ballrooms until reaching Octavius.

You're given two purple wristbands, and that was your pass to get in. Once inside, I took mine off and didn't have any issues with people asking about my wristband.

I was excited to see the ballroom open up into the same setup as the last time they held an official Seven Stars event two years ago.

Immediately we commandeered an empty table close to one of the open bars. There was never that long a line at the bars -- maybe six of them including a triad in the middle. Which of course is where we sat.

Grabbed up a collection of mixed drinks in advance, because you never know how long the lines would be. The below drinks were, ahem, all mine. And note the paper straws. Caesars doing what they can.

upload_2021-8-20_13-15-3.png

upload_2021-8-20_13-16-22.png

You'll notice candy on the table. There was a special pink Flamingo room containing a bathtub of ping pong balls (bubbles) with a showgirl (the aforementioned Flamingo, as she was wearing pink feathers and a Flamingo hat) and half-dressed man (some of the women just wanted a photo of him), along with a red boudoir scene. Lots of Instagrammable opps.

Then after photos, it was time to shop for candy. There were bookshelves lined with all different types, and mostly concoctions I hadn't heard of before (like the Snickers peanut brownie). We 7 Stars being what we are, we filled up our paws with as much Wonka goodness as we could carry. I tried to be selective, just going for the expensive ones (Dove bars).

An hour later, these shelves would be picked clean with nothing but pink dust remaining.

upload_2021-8-20_13-23-14.png

upload_2021-8-20_13-22-50.png

But one can't survive on alcohol and candy alone, and luckily there were food stations...

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.