1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Big Texan Steak Ranch in Amarillo, TX....is it all hype?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by letsgotovegas, Jul 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AllenAndRossi

AllenAndRossi VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know how you got to Amarillo without checking out the Big Texan!

We did eat there, but I don't remember much about the food. Which, for me, means it wasn't amazing, but there was nothing wrong with the food either.

It's more than a restaurant. It's a kitschy, fun, place to check out and explore.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. pjbear05

pjbear05 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Crazier yet, Molly is this little thin rail of a person. But when it comes to putting food away she makes pros like Joey Chestnut, Micki Sudo, and Tim "Eater X" Janus look like pikers. Do a YouTube search of Molly Schuyler, no further explanation will be necessary.

• Like Like x 1
  3. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

I know this is off subject, but isn't it physically impossible to eat that much meat in 20 minutes?

4. KnotGillty

KnotGillty High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Molly is from a different mold. She can eat close to 20 Pounds of food in a single setting. She holds numerous world records including 34 big macs eaten. I honestly think she could beat Joey Chestnut in the Nathan's hot dog contest. However, she doesn't belong to the eating league that makes up the Nathan's lineup. However, she ate at a chili dog place that Chestnut went to. He held the old record at 34 chili dogs. She did 50 lol.

• Love Love x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  5. pjbear05

pjbear05 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Chili dogs record @ Corner Bar in Rockford, MI, btdt, great dogs, but could only get 3 down.

6. marksind

marksind VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife, sister in law and I had dinner at the Big Texan four years ago on a road trip. We thoroughly enjoyed it. It's not Ruth's Chris, but it's quite decent. The atmosphere is a lot of fun, particularly if someone is trying to eat the big meal. I'd eat their again if passing through Amarillo. And the Palo Duro Canyon is a good side trip if you've got the time and interest. Last holdout of the Comanche, where they were ultimately defeated in the Red River War.

• Love Love x 1
  7. letsgotovegas

letsgotovegas VIP Whale

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I wasn't planning to check out Palo Duro, but I'm off to do some research!

8. drfishalot

drfishalot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would say I have been there at least 20 times. I would say it is OK I've had some good steaks there and some pretty plain. It is definitely cheaper than Vegas. And touristy.

• Like Like x 1
  9. UnicornTX

UnicornTX High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Big Texan is an attraction for tourists. If you don’t have time for Palo Duro Canyon you can always take a can of spray paint and leave your mark at Cadillac Ranch on I-40.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. ColoVegPlayer

ColoVegPlayer Speed Running for Noir

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So....VMB meetup at the Big Texan?

• Funny Funny x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.