1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Downtown to Southpoint on Bus

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by epWick, Jul 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. epWick

epWick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CX from Binions to Tropicana/Maryland Pkwy
    109 to South Terminal
    117 to Southpoint

Thoughts? Do you see anything better? Will be moving on a Friday with a suitcase. Looks like about 1:20 travel time.

2. ATLMM

ATLMM High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's probably the fastest. If you would rather take 2 buses instead of 3 you can take the Deuce from downtown to the South Strip Transfer Terminal (SSTT) and transfer to the 117 there, or you can walk to the Bonneville Transit Center downtown and take the 109 from downtown to the SSTT.

If it's during the day on a weekday the Deuce might be ok, but not at night or the weekends because it will take a long time with the traffic and all of the people boarding.

(Note, you can also take the CX to the Airport and transfer to the 109 there, either location would work, but I would chose the airport personally)

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Catzilla

Catzilla VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. epWick

epWick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think you can bring a suitcase on deuce correct?

I suppose if you transfer at the airport you'll be at the same bus stop vs. Walking around the corner.

5. ATLMM

ATLMM High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  6. epWick

epWick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be staying at Golden Nugget during the week and then moving to Southpoint to avoid expensive rooms during Life is Beautiful concerts.

7. epWick

epWick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  8. Catzilla

Catzilla VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, only problem being you have to coordinate your bus ride to be on time for the shuttle or it's a long wait. I might try this in September.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ATLMM

ATLMM High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can bring a suitcase on any bus, just don't go to the top level. It can't be blocking the aisle though, so you would either need to sit in the side facing sets and keep it between legs or next to you as long as there's room to pass, or place it on your lap/the seat next to you if you sit in a forward facing seat. I've traveled with my carry-on suitcase many times on the Deuce.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
  10. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used the South Point shuttle several years ago. You had to schedule a pick-up with them because without being on the schedule it didn't always run. The pick-up spot at the airport was right near where the CX drops you off. Definitely make sure your timing works out...otherwise, Deuce to the SSTT and the 117 from there is a good option.

11. epWick

epWick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What is your estimated travel time for Deuce from Binions to SSTT on Friday around noon in September? Last time I rode the Deuce there were tons of stops.

12. ATLMM

ATLMM High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will probably take about an hour. At that time traffic usually is moving, so it'll just be boarding at each stop that will take time. "Official" time is 66 minutes, but I've seen them run as much as 15 minutes early before during the day, and 30 minutes late at night... so take the "official" time with a grain of salt because there is so much variability along that corridor.

I miss the SDX because fares weren't collected onboard, the Deuce allows people to pay on the bus which takes time. But I feel like at that time of the day the volume of tourists wont be as bad.

13. kkinwi

kkinwi VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The walk to BTC from GN is not that far, and you can take the 109 or 108 to the airport. I think the 108 is faster. Good luck!

14. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a great option. We used the shuttle just a couple of weeks ago from and to the airport. Got picked up on Monday morning at 8:30, 15 minutes later we were at SP. We left on Wednesday afternoon at 4:45 and again 15 minutes later we were at the airport. Definitely make a reservation 24 hours ahead of time.

Dead & Co with my son! June 4 or 5th - June 8th
    • Like Like x 1
  15. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Time varies wildly. I once took the Deuce and it took 1:40 just to get to Bally’s. So, I would say it can take anywhere from 40 min to 2 hours, honestly. Friday afternoon doesn’t sound promising. Figure it this way. The transfer to South Point is either going to cost you time or money, your choice. Whichever you choose, be prepared to invest in it and accept that it is your choice and keep a good frame of mind about it.

• Like Like x 2
  16. zlanga

zlanga High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I took the Deuce with my suitcase 2 weeks ago from the BTC to the Premium Outlets just south of Mandalay Bay, then hopped on the 117 south from there. But that was a Tuesday morning at 6 a.m., so... the traffic was minimal. I can't imagine doing that in peak hours.

USBC Nationals
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. epWick

epWick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Mrs would be fine ubering there for $30? But I'm like heck, we already paid for these bus passes! Positive frame of mind though, good advice!

18. epWick

epWick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Didn't realize that was an option, thanks for the tip. I agree there will probably be crowds. Leaning towards CX to ground 0 then utilizing the shuttle. Or 109 to 117 haha, we'll see.

I've walked back and forth to BTC but I'd rather walk across the road and sit on a bus!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.