1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Birthday Freeplay tunica trip July 18 till 19,20,21 or 22

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Trip Reports' started by jpw711, Jul 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. martinr

martinr Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First Time Staying on the South End. Will I Hear Southern Accents?
  2. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They have great pizza.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. addicted

addicted High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A @jpw711 tunica report is as good as any Vegas TR.

Continue on sir

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the complimet! Tunica isn't as big as Vegas, but it's easier to get to, not as hot, same time zone (matters the older you get) and everybody is friendly. I find the gambo to be just as good and the food is way cheaper

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh my gosh, another amazing JPW TR! And SOOOOO glad you and Ann are having another amazing trip!

PS that pizza looks great, as did all the other food. Your tip on Missouri for retiring is looking better and better seeing Tunica is solid! :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. thegov2k2

thegov2k2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I spent a single night in Tunica a few years back, and we would totally go back. We stayed at Gold Strike for free thanks to MyVegas. Played $10 pai gow for 90 minutes, got 2 free buffets. Played some more pai gow before departure the next day, and they gave us $50 in food comps to grab stuff for the road. If we're ever in that area again, Tunica is on the list.

• Like Like x 4
  7. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And we are home hit the jackpot at the produce stand, a bushel of shelled purple hulls. Yum yum

• Like Like x 4
  8. PressThe5n9

PressThe5n9 Dice, Dice, and more Dice

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the ride-along on your times at GS as it helped cure that itch this past week to get to Tunica!

How was the bridge in Memphis going back? Curious to know how the repairs are going. We are coming from the mid-state so wouldn’t make it to the river before heading south.

9. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report!

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  10. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:

First off, Your user name, that's the way I played craps, 5's and 9's, my favorite numbers, 6/8 don't pay enough and 4/10 are to hard to get.

As far as the bridge, I'd been watching traffic for weeks around the time I usually hit the river east bound, hadn't really been backed up, get there Sunday and MAN, it was backed up, 55/40 junction was where it began for 55 South, but it looked like it went a long way on 40 back towards the west.

This morning, West bound on 55 was "slow" for about 1 mile, as in 35-40 MPH. They have a sign up that says all three lanes are for 55 past Exit 11 (1 mile from bridge), so I stayed in the left lane, it was moving. The sign lied, but I forced my way in easily. The bridge was moving along ok, a little slower than normal, but the highway was moving. I say it was moving slow, the trucks behind us were moving slow, we were flying right along. East bound this morning was wide open, no traffic at all. Go figure.

11. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Back end Comps, my host gives us $100/day. MGM gives me a food credit every two weeks, so I had gone to the kiosk to get a $75 credit to the Steak house. The night we went there, our bill was around $230. So we went over.

I asked my host last night: "we went over, you wanna take it off my bill or you want me to use EC's, I don't really care" (cause I like my host)

She looks at me and says "what do you think, you don't even need to ask"

I said "I know (I didn't) but you know what they say in Vegas when you ask? Not just no, but HELL NO" (tbh, that was my old host that said that, I don't usually need back end)

She just rolled her eyes about Vegas hosts.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  12. JaDubya

JaDubya High Roller? Nah...just a Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  13. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha! I just opened the creme brulei (??) cheese cake covered in blue berries/strawberries we brought home from the steak house. For two days old, that was delicious.

• Like Like x 3
  14. addicted

addicted High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I spent a few nights in tunica a couple years back after my buddy got married in little rock.

I agree the people are friendly, bartenders were cool. I do remember getting good food too. Hell, you're probably the one that recommended I go to Chicago steakhouse, and that was damn good.

15. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were having a good time! Another meetup at JB's sounds good to me! Or Chicago Steak House!

lol. According to the Kiosk, I have 516x.xx express comps. I think the machines that show Express Comps (some just show a blank for privacy??) are capped at 5K. I know Ann went to the gift shop and burned some EC's, but the meter never changed off of $5000.

Speaking of shorts, I actually bought a pair one December at MGM Grand. It was cold here, and I forgot to pack a pair. Stupid me cause unless it's in the 30's in Vegas, I'm wearing shorts.

I've actually got a guy painting stripes at my places now! I wish I could use EC's, but I'll just tell him to take it off his rent.

Hopefully I make it down to Tunica when your down there next time.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.