1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

I could never enjoy myself in Las Vegas wearing a mask

Discussion in 'Coronavirus in Las Vegas' started by JWBlue, Jul 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mickyblueeyes

mickyblueeyes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am fully vaccinated but continue to wear my mask out of consideration for others especially dealers. They have to wear one for my protection so I respect their health as well. What I am searching for and hope to find in Vegas is one with the hole for a straw.

• Love Love x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Etsy has a few different options for masks that accommodate a straw.

3. vegas superfan

vegas superfan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Having a hole for a straw defeats the purpose of a mask.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. JaDubya

JaDubya High Roller? Nah...just a Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope this is ok to say here but based strictly on my experience on the monorail, mask compliance is only as good as mask enforcement.

There was communication (PA and/or signs) that said under federal law you’re required to wear a mask while riding the monorail. No employees in sight so people did as they pleased. See people on the top, left side of my picture
    A553DA4D-791E-4B8F-A130-9FE5176C28E4.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. runningonthehub

runningonthehub VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What does a mask prevent you from doing in Las Vegas?

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. runningonthehub

runningonthehub VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly what would you really miss wearing a mask?

7. ski-doo_rider

ski-doo_rider Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fully Vaxed, and have a trip scheduled for October. I canceled last Octobers trip. I am not going to cancelled this years trip, life is too short. I really do not want to wear a mask once in Vegas, but it that is required, than I will do it. Heck maybe it will help me get laid since it will cover my face haha!

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They have different materials to seal the hole. Some have zippers, some have a little piece over the hole that snaps closed, etc.

9. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is the kind I have. Ordered them from AZN.

10. miniwhale

miniwhale High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had cancelled a couple trips when they had not yet lifted the mandate to wear them outside. I will not wear one outside. I wear one for 12 hour shifts at work and don't enjoy it. Had Covid in May, sick for a few days, thanks to many supplements, and now happy to have the antibodies. I respect people's choices; I just wish people would choose to take better care of themselves to stay healthy and stay home if they had any symptoms.

11. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been fully vaxed since Feb, and masks alone might not stop me from going. However, lack free room offers, higher table limits, fewer and fewer 3:2 bj, disappearance of buffets, difficulty getting ride shares, and other "minor" inconveniences all contribute to lowering my enthusiasm. And with the uptick in Covid, I remain in a wait-and-see mode.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. fcmonk

fcmonk Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been wearing a mask at work for about a year and a half now. It's gotten to be no big deal. Now that I'm jabbed I take it off outside unless it's shoulder-to-shoulder people and started wearing it inside again. It's not any big effort to do it.

Of course, I have collected a ton of really cool looking masks over the pandemic so I look sharp.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Mr Bulldops

Mr Bulldops VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll throw in my 2c. Vegas is simply not something I would do with a mask. It's supposed to be a relaxing vacation and to me, wearing a mask is not relaxing or even comfortable. Also, forcing a mask mandate while simultaneously allowing smoking was just completely asinine IMO. Let's keep covid mandates in the rear view and continue to encourage people to get vaccinated.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Love Love x 1
  14. vegas superfan

vegas superfan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Um, nothing?

• Agree Agree x 6
  15. BlackJackLife

BlackJackLife Already dreaming of the next trip

Trips to Las Vegas:
    agreed in the smoking….I was there in July 2020 with mask mandates and bars (including Vp) closed down, miserable time. And the only time I have ever cut my trip short….changed flight and went home after third day instead of staying for the full 7. It was ridiculous to see people blowing smoke in the air, while being told it was too dangerous for people to sit at a VP bartop.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    Summer heat for Independence Day week...
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Lagranger251

Lagranger251 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It’s kind of funny. I went to Vegas 7-8 times in the past 13 months and had to mask for all of them (last trip in early May before they removed the mandate), and looking back I don’t really think it affected my overall experience.

However, having not had to wear one really at all in the past 2 months, the thought of wearing it again in Vegas might dissuade me from going. I agree that it takes away some of the “excitement” of the trip or something.

I think it’s probably coming back at some point in the next 1-2 months and wouldn’t be surprised if it lasts through winter. We’ll see.

17. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There was a lot less smoking - no smoking at table games, no smoking at bartops; it was definitely restricted relative to normal times.

18. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think I will enjoy myself in Vegas wearing a mask. I don't know how long this mask thing will go on or if it ever will end.

At least I don't have the urge to go to Vegas right now like I had before. Makes it easier to wait hopefully for things to get better.

19. Lagranger251

Lagranger251 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    things are pretty much at 100% and can’t really get ‘better’. In contrast, I was in Vegas exactly one year ago and you couldn’t even order a drink or eat at the bar.

20. tvon

tvon VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check Sonya's COVID thread. Cases are spiking and the Delta variant is here and very real. Even the fully vaccinated are getting COVID (albeit not as serious as the unvaxxed). Search that thread and prepare accordingly. Also, make yourself aware of "long covid". Not something i want to gamble with, i keep the gambling on the tables :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.