1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria (Sky Suites -One bedroom penthouse) OR Wynn (Wynn Tower Suite Salon)

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by TommieS, Jul 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TommieS

TommieS Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Long time lurker, first time poster. Stumbled across this site and have found a lot of good information. So as the above says, it’s between Aria - Sky Suites 1 bedroom Penthouse or Wynn - Wynn Tour Suite Salon.
    Let me preface by saying 13 out of the last 15 years I having been going to Vegas for summer vacation. The last 9 years I have stayed at Aria. The last 4 in the Sky Suites and the last 2 in the one bedroom penthouse. I like Aria because I love their fitness center (I’m a runner and they have a number of high quality treadmills!). Aria is also relatively quite as I am a light sleeper.

Never stayed at Wynn, however thinking about giving it a try. Things that are EXTREMELY important to me and the family are: fitness center, small refrigerator for personal items (already talked to front desk and will provide free of charge at Wynn, Aria already has personal refrigerator and minibar fridge), 2 rollaway beds for kids (again talked to front desk, will provide free of charge if available at Wynn, Aria will provide free as well), low noise level - whether from hotel, night pools/clubs, etc. and customer service - Aria has been pretty good for the most part. View is minority important - prefer a nice view but not end of the world
    So what’s your pick Aria Penthouse or Wynn Tower Suite Salon based on the following: fitness center, noise level, view and customer service? And what’s your pick straight up not just based on my above conditions. Thanks in advance this site is awesome. I want to try Wynn but I HATE spending a lot of money and not being familiar with what I am getting.

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The good news is that both properties are great and you can't really go wrong. But based on your listed criteria, I think Aria is the obvious choice.

The Aria gym is the best resort gym on the Strip. The Wynn is good too, but its smaller, has a more cramped feel, and doesn;t have quite as many equipment options as Aria. Noise level sould be fine at either (as long as you stay on the Wynn side at that reosrt). The view depends on which view you want. if you want the Strip view, Wynn is better but not great. I say better because at Aria, the Veer towers are kind of in the way. At Wynn, you get an awesome view of Palazzo, TI, and stuff around there, but the Palazzo really blocks an expansive view of the Strip. If you want a mountain view, Aria is a little better just because of the side of the street it is on. Both have a great view, though. Service is also basically a wash. I would give a slight nod to the Wynn tower suites, but only slightly. But as I said, you really cant go wrong either way

I Need Spa
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  3. mickyblueeyes

mickyblueeyes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Double check if the remodels are done on the Skysuites.

4. duceiswild

duceiswild Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree with UK above. Both are going to be very close. Personally, I think that the Aria and SS rooms are starting to feel a bit tired and are due for an update. I agree that the Aria gym is the best I have used on the strip. And I think staying at Wynn you do run a little bit of a chance of some noise from dayclubs and nightclubs from either EBC or XS. Certainly not as bad as if you stay at Encore, but it could still be there on a lower floor, golf course side.

5. Top Dog

Top Dog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aria and Wynn are my top two choices when deciding where to stay. I had been mostly staying at Aria before giving Wynn a try and was not disappointed. Although the customer service in the Sky Suites part of Aria is good, I think Wynn aims to provide that level of service throughout the resort. The overall feel of the Tower Suites is somewhat different- a more classical luxury, which I prefer over the Sky Suites, but would be happy either way. I didn't have any noise issues when I was there two weeks ago. The fitness center isn't as good as Aria's, but it is still very good (I do more weights than cardio though). Also, it opens at 6am (I'm not sure about Aria, but the website says 7), if that matters. I actually prefer the Spa at Aria, although that may be that I am used to it and know the people there better. Sports betting (again, not sure if that matters) is also better at Aria, in terms of book hours/customer service, betting options and having kiosks throughout the resort to bet on. Overall, I don't think you can go wrong, but I am glad that I did try Wynn and have another option when I am looking to book. My last trip was Wynn, the next one will be Aria.

6. TommieS

TommieS Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies! This is truly a great message board and resource. I want Aria and one of my kids do but the wife and my other kid wants to try Wynn! I can’t Wynn or win!!:blah::blah:

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I vote Aria because the sky suites have a steam shower. The Salon suite is a nice, large room, but lack of steam shower always irks me. Wynn has a definite lack of higher end suite types once you get to a Salon suite and are trying to get the next step up in suite type. other properties have more steps of suite types before you get to the Villa category

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have the exact same thoughts. The OP didn't list room quality as a factor, so I didn't mention it. But I have always lamented the lack of a steam shower at the Wynn suites and the Cosmo terrace suites.

I also never really thought about the absence of more suite levels at Wynn between Salon and Villa, but its a good point. Its really just parlor, salon, and then apartments/villas. While other properties have more suite levels and types before you hit the villas. Its nice to have a little more high level suite variety at each resort

I Need Spa
  9. Jaydog98

Jaydog98 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here is my two cents. Both are relatively the same in service and prestige. However Aria, if you’re paying for the room, you will get more back in points. The Wynn, you don’t get any points for resort spend (if I’m wrong, someone please correct me). So if I were you, I’d go with Aria just based on getting more back for your spend.

10. Universal

Universal High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would vote for Aria Sku Suites for many of the reasons mentioned above and it is in a much better location.

11. duceiswild

duceiswild Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One other consideration is that Sky Suites include limo transport to and from the airport. No transportation included with Wynn Salon (that I’m aware of).

12. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just leaving Wynn now. Had Salon with with adjoining room. Moved to a parlor because I didn't need that big room for a solo trip thanks you know who (sandbagger) lol.
    OP, here is why you should stay at Wynn, you will get all the amenities you need inc refrigerator and anything else (just ask) but here is the number one reason. You said, "Never stayed at Wynn"... Definitely need to try. You won't go wrong with either and I like the sky suites penthouse too but try Wynn. Won't disappoint. Have fun!

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  13. BenjaminNicholas

BenjaminNicholas MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Between a Salon and a Villa, there are at least 3 options before true ground floor villas. Apartments, Duplexes, Fairways.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do any of the Wynn suites have jetted tubs?

15. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, the Parlor Suites in both Wynn and Encore have them as does the Encore Salon Suite. I assume other suites do as well but I've stayed in each of those suite types and not in others.

I've never stayed in Aria but I am also biased as I'm not sure what would or could get me to leave Wynn/Encore from an amenity and service perspective. The Encore Spa is my favorite day spa in the country (and I have access to a lot of great ones living in Manhattan) though if club noise is a concern you'll want to stay in Wynn (any suite) OR in a Parlor Suite in Encore as it faces the north strip and away from EBC and XS. I was recently in an Encore Salon Suite for two weeks and you will hear the club noise though most nights I still fell asleep hard.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And an empty refrigerator is already in the suite for private use in addition to the refrigerator that is stocked with beverages for purchase.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.