1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What's going on with Presidential Limo?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by LV_Bound, Jun 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catboiler

Catboiler Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just booked Bell for our trip next Sunday. After texting Presidential, getting a reply to call, and then subsequently calling 3 different days with no response, I am done. Unfortunately, you can't book the Teslas on Bell's website, you have to call for those too. So I booked an Escalade online. $154.50 round trip, before tip. I think, for our next trip, I'd still try to book Presidential again. We've used them for so many years and I've never had any sort of issue before now. So they get one more chance. But only one.

Birthday Vegas
  2. alexm

alexm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We went in May. Driver explained that the liquor store stop was implemented during COVID as people were uncomfortable that the bottle was just waiting in the car. He said that since a lot of people want to stop anyway it worked out well. He also said it will likely be through the summer as the cars get very warm and the champagne sweats and makes a mess. He also said he has never gotten a kick back from the liquor store and takes people where they ask. He is actually a family friend and we coordinate our pick ups and drop offs directly through him by text message, that way he knows he will get it assigned.

I mean, I would honestly prefer they stop taking reservations than take one and stand you up. Same issue going on when we went in May. Our driver basically said most of the people he normally drives with simply didn't want to come back. Some moved on to other things to pay the bills and were happier. It's extremely difficult to get drivers mostly because it is 2021 and there is a large contingent of people who either don't want to work or think doing something like car service is beneath them.

Their integration of the systems has been a total nightmare and their inability to staff their call center only has made it worse. I think at this point they would be better off just establishing a whole new system

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really? I have experienced it every single time I use Presidential from LAS (upward of a dozen times). I always ask them to stop at the CVS on Paradise in lieu of the liquor store they are promoting so I can get water and other items as well.

4. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Used Kaptyn twice this last trip. Worked out well. One driver said any sedan with Presidential would be handled by Kaptyn.
    I booked both trips with Kaptyn.

5. KnowItAll

KnowItAll VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No problems on my 4th of July trip. Got the Tesla and both drivers were on time and on arrival offered to make stops if I needed to since I technically had the car for an hour

6. skybank

skybank High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My sister arrived this morning July 12th, she booked the Tesla and the driver had watched the flight as it arrived early and was waiting at baggage claim for her.
    Also she did have trouble trying to book but finally got someone on the phone during a weekday and they told her that it is the new system that is causing all the issues.

7. ebbinns

ebbinns Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In late June, I used them for a Tesla S with no meet and greet. I was able to book on the web and pay with cc. When I landed, there were two drivers waiting at baggage claim with my name on the board. One driver was new and training. Got bags, they took them downstairs to a Tesla X and brought me to Encore. They asked if I wanted to stop at a liquor store or disepensary and I declined.

Return was from Cosmo and they arrived a few min early, texted me and off I went to the airport.

I just booked for our Labor Day trip and waited on hold for about 15 min because you now need to call to book. Website says debit card only, but I gave a cc and no issues. She did say I'll only get texts as their system can't send emails right now. Fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 1
  8. LoveToRun56

LoveToRun56 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I came here to see if I could find out what's up with Presidential too. Hubby and I have used them for years, with NO problem ever. We used them last in April of this year. Coming back next month and have tried for days to get them. Can't book online, which I have always done. Send a text, emailed and called. I guess they have lost us as a customer. I'm sad.

9. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just sent them a text so will see what they do.

10. skybank

skybank High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I received an update from my sister as to how their service was last week. The driver texted her while they were still on the taxi way waiting to park the plane, letting her know he was at baggage claim. She said he was very friendly and asked if they had been to Vegas before, of course she has but she was with a newbe so he did take the strip to the Cosmo to show her friend the strip. He also asked if they were
    checking in right away or if they were going to check the bags and if they wanted to go somewhere else. Since it was only 830 in the morning they were just going to check the bags and go to Peppermill to get breakfast. The driver said ok and went to the Cosmo, he told them to wait in the car and called a bellman over and gave him their bags, got the check ticket for them and then drove them to Peppermill.
    She was very happy with the service and the driver!
    So it seems like their service standards are back, despite the system issues recently.
    She did reserved the Tesla X by the way, not a stretch limo.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  11. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excellent service.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Timothy

Timothy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This gives me some hope… web site says call to book now.
    I’d still like to know:

- How do they handle international arrivals with immigrations being hit and miss (on wait time)
    - how do they handle different hotels for drop off and pick up?
    - can you cancel (as in, if the borders are still closed come end of September)?

It’s about time I’m back!
    Leg 2 of 4 - show me the new Rio!
  13. Kachow

Kachow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is kind of scary. Was going to book limo service for December but the thought of being stood up isn’t appealing.

14. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So the reservation part was painless. I texted them and they responded w/in 10 mins and said to call. I called them, they picked up right away, and I just gave them my information as well as my hotels (different drop off and pick up points) and told them which service I wanted (Model X R/T airport special) and done in 10 mins. Now hoping the service itself will be just as painless in a little more than a week.

• Like Like x 3
  15. rsanbal9

rsanbal9 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you get an e-mail confirmation or a text?

16. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Both. Text confirmation as we were talking and email confirmation about 5 mins after I got off the phone.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  17. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So far so good with Presidential/Kaptyn. When we landed there was a text from our driver. There was a separate text from the company with info like the license plate #. The driver met us at baggage claim no problem. Will report back on how the return trip is.
    Eta: After the ride they sent an additional "official" receipt in my email that looks kind of like a rideshare receipt showing a map of the route taken, pick up, drop off, and break down of charges.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 10
  18. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Coming back to say the whole experience went off without a hitch. Scheduling, pick up at airport, drop off, pick up at a different hotel, drop off at airport - all as scheduled. No surprise fees.

• Like Like x 8
  19. ref59405

ref59405 Creepy Vegas Friend

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got back from a trip tp Vegas and I used Presidential with their airport limo special. My wife and I have been to Vegas at least 30 times, but this trip was with our 21 year old daughter and 3 of her friends.

The driver was waiting for us at baggage claim with my daughter's name on the sign. She took us to the Welcom to Vegas sign and took a group photo and then she drove us down the strip to Bally's so the kids could see the sites.

Our return trip was scheduled for a 12:30pm pickup. The driver called me at 12:15pm to say that he was waiting outside.

I thought the service was outstanding and I will use them again in September, but since it will just me my wife and I, we are going with a smaller vehicle.

First time staying this far down the strip
    Boy's trip
    • Like Like x 2
  20. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad to hear it seems like they have gotten their stuff together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.