1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Checking in online for Wynn?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by sabrina, Jul 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sabrina

sabrina Low roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am wondering if there is an advantage to checking in online versus checking in at the desk at the Wynn ?
    Any advice appreciated!

Seinfield
  2. bull0120

bull0120 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never used it at the Wynn, but use it every time at MGM properties.

Pros: If you check in during the middle of your flight, you will have your room and key by the time you land in Vegas. The key is on your phone, so you can go directly from the airport to your room. It's also nice having the room key on your phone.

Cons: You don't get to try the $20 trick and bribe your way into a better room.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Jesse

Jesse Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I have also only done it at Mlife.

As mentioned it’s nice to check in early and get your room before you are in Vegas. I’m from LA and leave after my wife gets off work so we usually arrive around midnight. If I get a higher floor I’ll be ok w what they assign me but regardless I still always go up to the front desk and tell them I checked in on the app but wanted to see if there are any complimentary upgrades before I head to my room. A few times they have placed me in a better/higher floor or added more onto my resort credit/Freeplay. For me it’s always worked out and even when it hasn’t at least I know that I will have a room ready when we arrive.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
  4. Michael Smith

Michael Smith VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you check in early for Wynn you can go straight to the kiosks just to the left of the check in area. Takes like two minutes and the machine spits out your room keys. No chance for a potential upgrade, however. I like the Mlife method better where they just send the key right to your phone. Very convenient, except the first time I got in the elevator I just stood there for a minute like an idiot, not realizing I needed the key on my phone to get to my floor.

• Like Like x 1
  5. duceiswild

duceiswild Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just did it at Wynn at the end of June. I had reserved a Panoramic King, so I knew there was very low likelihood of ending up in a really bad room. I ended up getting a south facing room (strip view) on the 60th floor, so it worked out fine for me.

There have been others on the board who have reported they got some undesirable rooms (low floor, rooftop views, parking garage views, air conditioner views, etc….), particularly at MGM and CET properties. So I think not having the most basic room type booked eliminates that as a possibility. Otherwise, the mobile check in and kiosk does eliminate your chance to sweet talk or bribe your way into a more desirable room at the desk, even within your booked room type (like moving from the 5th floor to the 20th floor).

970FF6BA-7963-437C-8C63-3BCD30965E57.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  6. FABismonte

FABismonte Tell my wife I am "about even."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I had on line checkin at MLife, got a view of the air conditioner units. Had to come down to the desk and ask for another room. Extra time I could have saved by going directly to desk.

I have no experience with online at Wynn

7. Jesse

Jesse Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

What hotel did you stay at? I mostly stay at Park so I know if my floor will be high or low when they assign it. If it’s low I’ll go to the front desk before I get my keys and ask if they have a higher floor. Only one time they couldn’t cause it was all sold out.

8. FABismonte

FABismonte Tell my wife I am "about even."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe I was at Aria. When I went to Park once, they were shooing away guests from the desk and directing them to kiosks. I was only able to get to a desk since I had a Gold card. I really don't know how MLife really works.

9. Michael Smith

Michael Smith VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is there a bad room at the Wynn? Stayed there like 20 nights and haven't found one, although I do prefer the strip view over the golf course view.

• Like Like x 1
  10. duceiswild

duceiswild Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Golf course view at Wynn and strip/south view at Encore tend to come with the noise from XS and/or EBC. The higher the better on those sides of the building, but no matter how high you are going to get noise. I think XS is Fri-Mon and EBC is Wed or Thurs-Sat at night. EBC goes during the days too from 11-6ish thurs-sun.

Some have said that now with RW open, the north side of Encore is going to get noise from their day and night clubs.

11. Matty Ice

Matty Ice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The last 2 times I used the online check-in and Kiosk at the Wynn, I got rooms on the 7th and 6th floors overlooking the HVAC units. It's convenient, but you give up the chance for a complimentary upgrade, or a decent view. I choose the convenience over the view. :D

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. INABIAL

INABIAL Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did it when I stayed there in May. Got to the property about an hour before check in time, did the kiosk, no room ready yet so went and had a drink at the lobby bar and 20 mins later got the notification. 20-something floor, strip view, no complaints.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.