1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anybody Get Duped, I Mean Choose To Watch The Match?

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by joespoolhall, Jul 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joespoolhall

joespoolhall VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I watched most of the first three and tried to watch yesterday's latest. There just wasn't much reason. Bryson, Brady and Rodgers were pretty boring. Phil "trying" to be Phil was kind of like Feherety replicating himself these days. The 777 yard downhill 8th turned out to be a snoozer other than Rodgers. He was the only one to find the fairway. I made it through about 10 or 11 holes and quit. For me the highlight was watching Phil rapid fire 10 footers in for charity. Maybe they should change it up and bring back the Skins. I'm sure the tour guys would jump at the chance to win 100-200K!!!!! Yeah, right.

2. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I started to watch as well, turned off after 9 holes

3. Bobby B

Bobby B High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Impossibly long. Five hours for a foursome to play 15 holes?

4. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can't blame the players for the pace of play, even if Bryson dawdles too much for a hit-and-giggle and Phil tries to amaze with his endless un-amazing utterances.

5. bull0120

bull0120 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I watched the entire damned thing because I had money on it. It was fun enough for a Tuesday afternoon, but by the end of it I felt like I was just watching Tom Brady get a golf lesson from Phil. The one club hole is where it about lost me. That was rough.

I lost my bet, but Rogers stepped up and won the thing for his team overall. Good on him for showing up to play. Bryson even came off is pretty likeable too.

If they do it again, maybe break away from the big sports stars and go with a different type of celebrity. Let's get some dudes/ladies that aren't professional athletes.

6. bull0120

bull0120 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That course though.... It was a beauty.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gorgeous, even if a few holes are big head-scratchers. Haven't played it but did play Yellowstone Club across the way. Stunning. My wife made a comment about moving there then I showed her weather data for winter. lol

The event needs real personalities. Phil is so phaux. Brady is a robot. When he said stuff Rodgers was pretty good. Bryson never will be a bubbler.

8. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I couldn’t find it on Saturday scrolling through for future events so no. I guess I’m glad I didn’t. :confused:

9. joespoolhall

joespoolhall VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The show lacked personality. Phil was trying too hard and the others had none. Find a couple of buds that are ready to take shots at each other. For ams, just find someone who'll be interesting on the course. I enjoyed Barkley last time plus it seemed there was more interaction all around. Fix it or dump it.

10. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There was too much outside chatter and cutaways. Mic the players and turn them loose. If needed color comes from the commentators then put them into the proceedings. But I think there's also too much expectation of all this smack talk going down and it being interesting, and if it plays out to true life form, no one gives a shit about what we might find hilarious in our regular groupings so why would this be different? And good digs come from shared knowledge and experience.

Use handicaps, play a four-ball, too.

11. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    plus endless commercial breaks. I swear the break between hole 9-10 making the turn was a half hour. that's when I tuned out. Had the Dodger game, Argentina vs Colombia also going at the same time. was easy to change the channel

12. Michael Smith

Michael Smith VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are these guys playing for charity, I hope?

13. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes, it was for various charities

14. JJLV

JJLV High-Roller

Frozen Tundra. Desert dream died with him.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Delayed watched (if you call a finger on the FF button 50+% of the time watching). Knew it might have some issues so DVRed it. So very wise. The best part was the absolutely breathtaking course. Hey, did Aaron seem like he was mumbling or soft talking? My favorite part was watching Rodgers beat Brady. You know it is the only time he ever will. :) You could see Rodgers over-exuberance when he putted in the win. Like an "I finally got ya moment" Sorry Aaron wrong ball, wrong field, wrong season, wrong year.
    From the girl who had Rodgers as her avatar here for years, now just another pussy :)

Aaron: Cut your hair.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Johnzimbo

Johnzimbo VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah they mentioned the charities once or 98 times. When Gronk called I was done with the thing

Annual me and Pete
  16. runningonthehub

runningonthehub VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I missed the entire thing. Did'nt even know it was on.

17. Michael Smith

Michael Smith VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad to hear it. But I wouldn't watch something like that if you paid me. I did hear that it sounded like Rodgers softened his tone about not playing for the Packers this year. I guess they've called his bluff. I mean, what's he going to do, retire and forfeit several million dollars? He's definitely not getting the gig on Jeopardy.

18. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    DVR is our friend.

19. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had it on the DVR, but when it came time to watch it, just deleted. Another made for TV piece of junk.

20. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sports trying to step down to the level of Bachelorette and Survivor and the like?

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.