1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

For those who use an app to check in. When do you check-in with an App?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Valgal, Jun 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never used an app to check in. I've used a kiosk at MGM and Park MGM. My offer for the Aria is supposed to be a strip view. I do like checking in at a desk but I am afraid a Sunday night before a Monday Raider game may make it crowded at the desk.

So do you wait until you have landed? My flight will get in around 8 pm.

2. Trevler

Trevler Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've checked in weeks before, the night before, and when I've gotten to the hotel. If you're not happy with the room you get when you check in via app, you can go to the desk and ask to be moved. I did that with Mandalay Bay. Checked in, needed two beds (my brother decided to come on the trip after I booked). When I'd called previously the reservationist said she'd note my request for two beds, but it wasn't honored. So I went to the desk and switched to a room with two beds! Easy.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. VaDreamer

VaDreamer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've done this once, via an email from Venetian, not an app. I checked in before boarding my flight at home and when I arrived, my room was ready. I still had to stand in line to get my room key (they didn't/don't have the digital key option). I've read that some people using the app to check in with Mlife often times receive rooms with inferior views or rooms that are on lower floors. Checking in via the app is, for sure, a gamble but if the convenience outweighs room location, then I'd say go for it.

4. Trevler

Trevler Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got a first floor view of a wall when I checked in via the app at Excalibur last Friday. Didn't care though- it was nice not having to wait for the elevators and if I looked out the window from the far side angle, it -was- a pool view!

5. Brando95

Brando95 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only time i've done it was at the Mirage. I just wanted to try it and it was during the height of the pandemic so I was able to check in i think before my plane even took off if I recall. When I landed I had an email with my room assignment and because they have a digital key in the app i didn't even have to stop by the desk, just went straight to the room and unlocked the door with my phone. Was pretty cool.

9th Island stopover on the way to Hawaii
    July 4th in the desert!
  6. INABIAL

INABIAL Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Luck of the draw, but check in as soon as you get the email. Last Xmas week I moved from Cosmo to Bellagio mid-trip, got the email to mobile check in at 9a, was in my room by 9:30a. Other times at other resorts you can sometimes wait until close to check in time but it's usually always at least somewhat early. If you pre-select your view at booking and don't have any other business with the front desk it's a great time saver on the first day of a trip.

7. midliferetired

midliferetired VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got a room on a Monday at 4:30am once at Park MGM. Super convenient and if it’s a one night stay I go with the digital key. You can always head straight to the room and get the physical key another time. The key kiosks make it super easy.

Unlike Venetian where I still had to stand in line and end up trying to get a better room anyways. I guess I’m doing it for science to see what they give me and how early. I did get a low floor room I regretted once. I tried the Venetian digital key app and failed. I have heard people getting it to work but mLife’s digital key is much easier to deal with.

Forget Caesars app checkin. Tried it at the Flamingo. It was a mess. I went to the kiosk on the way to the front desk (not the front desk kiosks where you had to wait in line) and managed to somehow get a key but nowhere did it say what my room was. I guess that was for key replacements and checkout. Ended going to the Diamond/7* checkin. I did that going forward. End of experiment.

8. midliferetired

midliferetired VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess the real question is what’s the advantage of doing it earlier versus later? Do you get a room that’s possibly not great earlier?

With the events and crowds back it might be worth it to get into the queue as early as possible even if you don’t get a good room. This is assuming it’s how the room assignment algorithm works.

9. Pe59

Pe59 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have done it in Tunica and Biloxi, but it didn’t work for me in Vegas. My credit card wouldn’t go through because they thought someone had stolen it. I like it because I can check in early most times.

10. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not to deter you from using the app---ive only had one experience---this past Feb at Park MGM, was flying in late so checked in on the app around 5PM EST---albeit it was a partial weekend, they assigned my fiance and I two queen beds instead of a requested king. If it wasnt the middle of winter during a global pandemic I would have understood. I did call down to the front desk to see if we can be switched but they said nahhh lol--

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  11. KJM

KJM Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you use the app does it off any kind of upgrades or anything. Have resort tower book at Excalibur on a $29 room rate. Only type of room I could book with that rate. Just needed place to sleep and get ready so I'm sure Excalibur will be fine that being said I heard the royal towers are better and wouldn't mind the upgrade even if I had to pay about $10 more a night.

12. Trevler

Trevler Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nope, but you can always check in via app, and try to upgrade at the front desk if you aren't happy. I personally don't see the Royal vs Resort upgrade worth bothering about.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.