1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

21 hrs in Vegas and 29 hours in LA

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by atcmurph, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atcmurph

atcmurph Watcher Of The Skies

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

This will be my first trip report, so bear with me. My sister and I fell into a couple of tickets to a taping of "The Price is Right" with Drew Carey, and since Vegas is on the way, we thought we'd have a little fun there first.

I arrived in paradise at about 11 am on Monday 8/27 and took my carry-on bag to the taxi line, which was long...all of the lanes were filled. But, as usual, the wait wasn't too horribly long, and by about noon I found myself it the Flamingo to see if they could check me into my comped room. I had requested a smoking room, but they didn't have one. So the nice young woman (who said she was new there) got on the phone and before long I was in a smoking "Go" room, still comped! This trip was off to a good start. Now, I'm used to plain old rooms, so I found this to be really nice. I settled in, took a shower and headed off to meet my sister at Bill's (I guess I've resigned myself to calling it that). We played some slots and caught the start of Big Elvis. He did "Viva Las Vegas" right off the bat, which made me happy.

Next we headed off to PH so I could get a players card. We made a stop at Paris along the way. Nothing special there. We got to PH and I signed up for the card and took the free spin of the giant slot machine. They have these mini "slot tournaments" there. Every day those with a players card you get 5 minutes to spin the machine and if you get it over 5000 points you get a prize. There are different prizes for different levels. My sister won a tote bag. I won squat, of course.

Next, we were off to Bellagio. We headed straight for the conservatory, which still had the Route 66 theme. We were not impressed, and left quickly. We did a little gambling there (slots for the sister, VP for me). We were hungry about 6, so started heading out to find food. On the way out my sister suggested we try Olives right there at the Bellagio. I felt severely underdressed (crop jeans and a t-shirt) but they didn't seem to mind. We got seated right away on the terrace so we could see the fountains. We each had one of the specials. She had redfish and I had Kobe beef. The beef had this sauce over it that was a french onion soup reduction, and the flavor was out of this world. You'd think I hadn't eaten in weeks the way I way scarfing this dish up. My sister said the fish was very good as well. The portions were generous. We also each had a 12 dollar bloody mary. The service was good. The total for this feast, including tip, was $134. I would recommend this place, especially out on the terrace to watch the fountains.

Next we were off to the Palms, as my sister said that was a good place for VP. I was able to find plenty of 9/6 JOB machines, which I was having a hard time finding elsewhere. Nothing too special here, except...We were walking past the entrance and a group of about 6 people walked in and it caught my attention. I saw 2 of them had Criss Angel t-shirts on. Turns out one of them was Criss Angel. I thought it was pretty cool, since the only other celebrity I've seen in 10 trips was Penn Gillette.

Well, it was getting late, and we had another flight to catch early on Tuesday, so we headed back to the Flamingo. I threw some money away on the slots there, printed out my boarding pass and headed upstairs. Bedtime was about 1 am, with wakeup at about 5:15.

A few words about LA. The Price is Right taping was a total blast. We were in a group af about 22 or so, and the guy who organized the whole thing is a huge fan of the show. The whole group cheered for him really loudly in the pre-interview process, and he got to "come on down!" AND he got on stage to play a game, which he lost, but he was in heaven just getting on stage. My sister and I were sitting right by him, and since he had to step over us to get down there, I guess we'll be on TV. Yikes.

Last thoughts...I liked playing VP. I've been practicing a ton online, trying to make my money last longer, as opposed to my usual slots. Although my money did last longer, I did manage to still lose about $300 dollars.............21 hours in Vegas is not nearly long enough, but it's better than no time at all................Criss Angel is very thin.................My sister doesn't care for PH but I like the inside decor.....................I couldn't get the ceiling fan in my hotel room to work. There were these buttons next to the bed that looked promising, but they didn't seem to do anything. Any thoughts?

Thanks for reading my first trip report!

2. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for writing it up! I agree with you on several points - Criss Angel IS one scrawny little dude, the Route 66 theme at Bellagio has been there too long and isn't that interesting to start with, Big Elvis rocks (I was there on Monday too, but later than you were). And I agree that 21 hours in Vegas isn't enough time! But you'll be back, right?

3. sin

sin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, 21 hours isn't very long, but it sure seems as though you and your sister did it up right! Great first report and I'm looking forward to many more!:thumbsup:

4. angel81chick

angel81chick Abuelita

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like others have said....21 hours is DEFINITELY not enought time, but glad to hear you had a great time!

5. Jer

Jer “The Walrus has spoken”

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shoot... 21 hours is an ETERNITY!!!!!!!!!!!:evillaugh

Glad you had a great time!:thumbsup:

6. gmoney590

gmoney590 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with you about the conservatory; I wasn't that impressed with it either.21 hours in Vegas is better than no hours in Vegas. It seemed like you did alot in those 21 hours though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.