1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The D and luggage and Instacart

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by tigers4life, Jun 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tigers4life

tigers4life Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As I get ready to leave for Vegas it is so close it is hard to focus on work. I came across two questions. I hope you can help me. I am used to staying at the El Cortez where when I fly out late I leave my bags with the bellhop while I enjoy my last day in Vegas. This time though I am staying at The D. I noticed they have no bellhops. Is there a place to leave my luggage for a few hours? I think the check out is at 11 and I leave for the airport at around 4:00.

My other question is that has anyone had Instacart delivered to the D were there any issues. Just used to doing things at the El Cortez but my group wants to try a new hotel so I am trying to prepare.

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The D has a bell desk. It's just inside the rear entrance on the right.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. tigers4life

tigers4life Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks when I called they said they did not have one. I appreciate it

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As to instacart... not sure. But, there is a Walgreens almost next door that sells lots of stuff. And, since that Walgreen does not sell booze, here is an ABC store midway down the street under the canopy that sells lots of food and booze.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Tumpster

Tumpster Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I mean, Instacart is great but comes down to what you're looking for. Don't be against the idea of seeing how much everything is vs a Lyft to a Lee's or Total Wine. All depends on how much convenience you're looking for. (If you're looking solely for booze)

Drizzly may also be good for you in Vegas but I've never tried.

6. Bart Vegas

Bart Vegas MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They might not have a dedicated bell hop all the time, but they do have one. I did just what you’re asking about in May. Checked out and they kept my bag for about 4 hrs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. tigers4life

tigers4life Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks again to be honest mostly I am looking for a case of bottled water, fresh fruit, and snacks for a small group. Do not worry we get plenty of booze at the ABC and on the floors. But we like to have a few items in the room to help in the AM or late at night. Thank you all. In the past I check in and order and while I am unpacking and just relaxing fromt he flight I wait for the stuf to get delivered then I head out

8. maxev

maxev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed with what the others have said about the D's bellhop and location. They're not always in full view waiting, but you can go to the hotel desk and they'll summon them.

--max

9. letsgotovegas

letsgotovegas VIP Whale

In March when I was at The D they didn't have any Bell Hops working. You could go to the concierge desk and they would store your luggage if needed. The concierge can also give you a cart to use to get your luggage to and from the room (you had to leave your license as collateral!). I'm hoping with restrictions eased that the Bell Hops are back at work again.

Sorry I don't have any Instacart experience to share.

Cheers!

10. LoveVeGa

LoveVeGa Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last trip in Apr I stayed at the D and talked to the bell hop he said due to staffs cutting back

there was no one to stay at the bell desk but you can ask someone at concierge desk and they’ll

send someone to take the luggage..

11. tigers4life

tigers4life Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will let folks know what I find out next week.

• Love Love x 1
  12. Renaldow

Renaldow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just another confirmation The D has a Bell Desk. I didn't use it, but I saw it and it was manned. If you're dropped off at the 'main' entrance, it's directly to the right when you walk in.

13. tigers4life

tigers4life Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So here is the deal I checked in a few hours ago at about 645 pm Vegas time. The bell desk was there but empty. You can get a cart at the Concierge desk if you leave your license. I did not have much so I took it up with no cart. The problem was I had an instacart order that came after 8. The concierge is closed you have to go to the hotel desk and they said they send someone. More than a few folks needed help and no help came. Finally I called and very nice manager came and gave those of us who just needed a cart one. He ended up helping those that could not manage. Some folks waited about 40 minutes. I felt bad for some people that really needed help. I think they are short staffed. But all is good and the tables call.

There were no signs saying go here you just figured it out

• Like Like x 2
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. letsgotovegas

letsgotovegas VIP Whale

Thanks for the report @tigers4life ! Best of luck to you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.