1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What feature of your house did you think you'd use frequently but actually don't?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by cjcjcj, Jun 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pirviii

pirviii Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are a couple days a year we would like to have a Fireplace, a hot tub or pool, but for the most part we wouldn't use them enough to justify the cost. I cant' justify the cost to add AC for the 8-10 weeks it would be used.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fafa2e

Fafa2e High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not so much a feature of the house but the location of the house. I bought a house on a golf course thinking I would go out and chip and putt golf balls in the evenings, but have only done it a few times in over 4 years at the house.

My Longest Trip Ever
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Trifecta47

Trifecta47 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting topic!

When we bought the house we set up one of the rooms as an exercise room - tv - free weights, elliptical and treadmill. Over the years, we only used it probably 4 times. During Covid, we turned it into a Scottish pub (not sure how it's Scottish but I do drink mainly scotch in it.) We use that much more now lol. We do have a fireplace that's gas powered but use it like once every couple years which is surprising since it's in our main living area of our home. We put an outdoor swim spa in and almost immediately didn't use that. I installed an outdoor tv so now we at least drink and watch our shows out there once a week. Still not happy about the purchase but at least we're using it now.

With both my wife and I working mainly from home now, we actually use most of the rooms in the house. Pre Covid and pre Scotch bar, the basement could go weeks without anyone coming down here.

Other than the yard guy and our dogs, no one steps foot in the backyard other than for a few days a year to pick blueberries.

• Like Like x 1
  4. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Third floor balcony.
    Master closet as it belongs to my wife.

• Like Like x 1
  5. wesraft

wesraft High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1: Dumbwaiter
    2: Mistress's quarters
    My Mistress ran off with the Dumbwaiter:cry:

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. westexrancher

westexrancher Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dish washer, I know crazy, but both of us don't mind hand washing, drying, putting them up and done. When the kids where young they used it.

• Love Love x 1
  7. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe Stand Up to Jewish Hate!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thought I'd do more gardening.

And thought I'd use the pool more

8. pirviii

pirviii Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First thing I did was put in a dishwasher as I do most of the dishes.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Echo27

Echo27 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have a sauna. A field mouse got in there once when we first moved in and from that moment on I was too grossed out to go in there. We use it for storage.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope you are using it! ;)

11. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pool (high rise condo, not a house).

For my car, it's the massage seats.

12. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I plan to tear out my dishwasher and use the area for more storage shelves. We don't use the dishwasher either. And the disposal. We don't use it.

I compost 90% of kitchen scraps and what I don't compost I have a section of the freezer where we put the scraps in until garbage pick up day. I don't like interesting smells coming out of the trash bin from stuff fermenting all week.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're on septic so no garbage disposal. For a while, there was a composting version I wanted but I don't see them around now - assume there were issues with it working properly....I compost, of course, and while I do try to avoid throwing too much in the garbage, I will. I try to clean out the fridge on Sunday before taking out trash (pickup is early Monday morning) so if there's something big that needs to be tossed, I dump it in the woods. Same with liquids like fryer oil. (no, not motor oil - just foods stuffs ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  14. bull0120

bull0120 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The other 3 bedrooms in the house.... and the dining room... or the attic..... Hell, I don't think I have walked upstairs in a year. I bought too much house.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you ever look into worm composting? I know it sounds gross, but there are a several kits and DIY projects available. It's faster than using the traditional rotating bin, let the critters do their work.

https://unclejimswormfarm.com/product/indoor-compost-bin/new-maze-worm-farm-free-100-red-composting-worms/

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh honey. I live on 7 acres - I have a HUGE compost pile. Did I not say I compost? And yes, there are worms in my pile ;-)

In the early years, I did vermicompost inside but after a few years, hubs made me move it outside because he didn't like the moisture and bugs (fruit fly like - not sure what they are but they annoyed him) So now I have a small stainless compost bin on the counter and when it's full or stinky, I run it outside.....

What I dump in the woods are things like oil, chicken carcasses - food items biodegradable, but not good on the compost.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. SMG

SMG VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a dishwasher and garbage disposal in my condo that doesn't get used very often. I find it quicker doing the dishes the old fashion way, since I don't often have a full load of dishes, etc. to wash. I thought the garbage disposal would be a convenience, since I didn't have one at my old house, but after I read the manual and the LONG list of stuff that you can't put down the disposal, it's actually pretty useless. :eek:

I also have a nice balcony with trees in front and along the sides, but during the summer the bugs drive me crazy so I rarely sit outside, especially in the evenings. I often have to wait until bug season is over before I can spend some quality time out there. Although when the weather is nice, I keep the balcony door open and the screens keep most of the unwanted visitors from coming inside.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Spa tub, I think I've used it 4x in 16 years.

Happy birthday to me!
    Let’s check Garth off my nieces bucket list!
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.