1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Limit Hold'em during the week?

Discussion in 'The Poker Room' started by MomtoCCC, Jun 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MomtoCCC

MomtoCCC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Headed to Vegas for work meeting in a few weeks. Will only be there Mon-Thurs. My favorite game is just limit hold'em (usually 3-6) in the evenings just to have some fun. I usually play at Mirage or Flamingo but looks like Mirage poker room is closed and Flamingo is not open during the week? Is this right? Is there anywhere to play limit on the strip during the week? Should I consider staying downtown or at an off-strip hotel?

2. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Watching

3. Basil

Basil VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bravo Poker can be your friend so you can see live game updates, but limit games during the week are going to be tough to find on the strip. Aria offers 2-4 and 4-8 in theory, but I don't know that they ever actually run. Bellagio offers a 4-8, but again not sure if it ever runs. Every other spot I can think of is either closed (Mirage :( ) or closed weekdays (Bally's, Flamingo, Planet Hollywood).

4. bigalbr

bigalbr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right now, Orleans has 4 tables 4-8 and 1 table 8-16 running. Bellagio has 20-40 and some higher games running. Other than that, it's very limited numbers of 2-4 and 3-6 running. 9:25 pm Vegas time on a Thursday.

5. vegas!!!!!

vegas!!!!! Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Orleans or Golden Nugget is your best bet. Flamingo is closed Tuesday and Wednesday but runs 3-6 limit when open. No other rooms on strip do regularly, Bally’s gets 1 table on occasion.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. puttputtfc

puttputtfc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My rule is look off strip for limit. Orleans, South Point, Boulder and Nugget all have it regularly.

Not sure about Sahara or Palace Station these days but they did have it once upon a time.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tarstarkas

Tarstarkas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pokeratlas says Southpoint in open 24/7 and offers limit poker.

8. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm getting good reports from local friends that Southpoint has a very good 3-6 game. On my next trip I am staying there for a few days. With four hours of poker play they reduce the room rates. I forgot how much, but you might call.
    Of course, if you are only playing a few hours some nights, Southpoint is a bit off the strip path for doing other things unless you have a car. It is a rather difficult place to access by bus.
    However, you might want to factor in what an Uber/Lyft/ or cab might add to your daily expenses and you may find the difference in room rates make it a wash.
    Also, food prices at Southpoint are much lower than strip prices. They offer a buffet that is very inexpensive. And they have a free shuttle to the airport.
    On my last trip I played a few times at the Golden Nugget and found the 2-4 games very, very soft. So, downtown is an option. However, the strip is a more interesting area for walking around during the day and not gambling.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, Boulder was mentioned. It was very close to my stay at the Longhorn, but I did not like it. The place was packed, but there was very little action. A run of good cards won me pots of very little money. The other players were dull and tight. I suspect they were all there to play for the huge bad beat which was at that time over 196,000. I would not bother going all the way out there for that game.

10. MomtoCCC

MomtoCCC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the replies. SouthPoint is just too far from my work meetings in North Vegs so I will stay on strip. Looks like I will play more VP and slots than poker this time which is too bad. Maybe I will venture out one night to play.

11. puttputtfc

puttputtfc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since you are near North Vegas, check out Santa Fe Station. Cannery had limit at one point but I don't know the status of their poker room.

12. bigalbr

bigalbr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I typically find that when the bad beat gets high, low limit games everywhere get full of people playing for the jackpot. Vegas is especially bad because they have a large group of local rocks that pretty much supplement their retirement income with promotions and comps.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Packbacker

Packbacker High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flamingo just recently opened up Mondays. tues/wed I played at the nugget (2/4). bravo did show orleans and SP with consistent games.

Bday trip
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.