1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Southwest Flight Schedule opens up 6/10

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by stlguy197239, Jun 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stlguy197239

stlguy197239 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just a reminder for those booking trips later in the year, Southwest opens their schedule up tomorrow for flights through early January. Time to book those holiday trips.

We are currently accepting air reservations through November 5, 2021. On June 10, 2021 we will open our schedule for sale through January 5, 2022. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. STPFan

STPFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also on June 11th, you can earn a total of 50 points per $1 on the first $100 of Southwest purchases with a southwest credit card.

https://www.southwest.com/SWACardBonusOffer50X/

*During the one-day promotional period of 6/11/2021 from 12:00:00 AM ET – 11:59 PM E.T. you will qualify and earn a total of 50 points for each $1 spent with any Rapid Rewards® Credit Card, on up to $100.00 in total purchases, made directly with Southwest Airlines®, including flight, inflight, Southwest® gift card, Rapid Rewards Points Center, and on Southwest Vacations® packages (“Qualifying Purchases”). That's 48 bonus points on top of the 2 points already earned on Qualifying Purchases made with the Rapid Rewards Priority, Premier, Plus or Employee Credit Cards or 47 bonus points on top of the 3 points already earned on Qualifying Purchases made with a Rapid Rewards Performance Business Credit Card or 49 bonus points made with any remaining Rapid Rewards Credit Cards. Qualifying Purchases made on a qualifying Rapid Rewards Credit Card during the Promotion Period are eligible for this offer. Delays by the merchant, such as shipping, could extend the transaction date beyond the offer period. You'll earn points on Qualifying Purchases, made with your Rapid Rewards® Credit Card by you or an authorized user of the account. The bonus points will count towards Companion Pass® but will not count towards A-List or A-List Preferred qualification. Please allow up to 8 weeks after the end of the Promotion Period for bonus points to post to your Rapid Rewards account. To qualify for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. This bonus offer is non-transferable and applies only to the account of the primary Cardmember referenced in this offer. All Southwest Rapid Rewards Credit Cards are eligible.​

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Love Love x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  3. KnowItAll

KnowItAll VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This also means starting shortly after people can complain how high holiday airfares will be

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Redskins game, here I come!!!

July 19th - July 24th
    • Like Like x 2
  5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, I am gonna order $100 giftcards on all three credit cards and get 5,000 points on each. Thank you SWA. (note: I think this is stupid as many people will get this bonus and not even know why)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep. I’m doing that $100 bonus come Friday also.

Sema Show
    Golden Knights here we come. Go Dallas Stars!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was waiting on the 10th as I need a return flight to book from SEMA, got the email a few days ago and now will wait 1 more day...

8. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey, that’s exactly what we need to book too. Our trip back to Dallas from the Sema Show.

Sema Show
    Golden Knights here we come. Go Dallas Stars!
  9. stlguy197239

stlguy197239 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Booo...Southwest. All through Sep and Oct they have a flight from STL to Vegas at around 615pm that would land (with the time change) around 745 ish. That would be perfect for the first night in town. But the newly posted schedule for November, the latest flight out on the day I am going is 945pm which lands around 1130pm wiping out at least one night of gambling for me if I did that. The alternative is a 330 flight that lands at 515. Looks like I am going a little earlier than I had planned.

Also, the flight costs are up about $25-30 each way. It's 179 for me now but when I looked at October flights a few months ago to get an idea of costs, all the flights were, and still are, 143. Looks like demand, and Southwest's need to make up for lost revenue last year, is driving flight costs up.

10. Jer

Jer “The Walrus has spoken”

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Perfect! But damn, no non stops to Seattle from San Diego? Ouch...

Coming in Earlier, Who Does That???
  11. stlguy197239

stlguy197239 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That seems strange. That should be like a 90 min flight at most, right?

12. wordster

wordster Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just bought flight for Dec 10-12 for the main GGWU event, and as I clicked "purchase", I got an error that said that the price for our arrival flight just went up, so I had to do it again and pay an extra $22. Ticket prices to vegas are gonna start flying.

13. vegasvstr

vegasvstr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not on any days?
    Before covid SW had daily NS from STL to Nola, now they sporadically have NS. Would think they could at least have one daily NS.
    They must know what they're doing as all our recent SW flights have been packed full.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
  14. Jer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I checked 5 sets of possible trip dates, all with a stop somewhere. :blink: The $68 is appealing, but...

15. stlguy197239

stlguy197239 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just out of curiosity, where is the stop on a flight from San Diego to Seattle? Portland? Salt Lake City?

16. Jer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sacramento, Denver, Salt Lake, Phoenix, LV from what I’ve seen so far. And if I’m stopping in Vegas, there’s a 97% chance I don’t make the connecting flight... :kill:

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. stlguy197239

stlguy197239 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Denver one kills me. Let's send you an hour, in the wrong direction, so we can pick up a handful of passengers. Delta has a flight from STL to Vegas that stops in Atlanta. I don't want to go that way, Delta. Vegas is in the other direction.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, even seeing a few non stops from DTW-Vegas.

• Like Like x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  19. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    most flights for my return are super early to get up and fairly expensive from what they have been...

looking like tomorrow I will book a wrong return day on wednesday for $109 and watch it till I can change to the flight I want that is $270 on a Sunday

• Like Like x 1
  20. Gus

Gus High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    prices only about 80 bucks cheaper, but my rosy prefers southwest since she can pack more stuff "free"
    paid for early bird both ways and with uber
    ends up about 160 more to pass dfw and american airlines.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.