1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Gordon Ramsay Steak v Bugsy & Meyer's

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by jcooper911, Jun 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcooper911

jcooper911 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a Diamond celebration to use - thoughts? I am a solo so bar seating would be sweet, have seen the many recommendations for the RibCap at GR, but wanted to throw open the discussion...

Also apparently I need a reservation to use the Diamond $100 - true or can just walk in?

Thanks

2. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think they're about equivalent. As someone who doesn't eat beef but loves steakhouses, I find their menus a bit limited (I like a good seared tuna, the fried chicken at J-G or Bavette's, and the sausage at Bazaar), but I haven't heard anything about either. And GR Steak is definitely in the upper echelon of GR restaurants, whereas at places like GR Pub or Hell's Kitchen he's clearly phoning it in.

I'm not sure if you "need" a reservation, as I never leave home without one for places like that, but you should call the CR desk and confirm. Either way, I'm pretty sure you need to stop by the CR desk in advance to have them load the credit onto your card. Otherwise it's pretty seamless.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Mr Bulldops

Mr Bulldops VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    GR is really, really good. Ate there last week and we were all very impressed. You definitely need a reservation and they were packing people in. I haven't eaten at B&M, but I do know that the opening chef that won the job - Lamar Moore - is no longer there and some recent experiences have been less than stellar.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jcooper911

jcooper911 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks all. booked GR Steak for 9:30 tomorrow night and although i like to normally just walk in to most spots this sounds pretty good. will report back!

• Like Like x 1
  5. jcooper911

jcooper911 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    so for all that care - went to GR steak tonight.

had the rib cab, the malbec and the mushrooms... probably the best steak i have ever had. that rib cap was superb, and beautifully cooked med-rare. really really good stuff.

thanks for all the tips and advice - would recommend to anyone as a great way to spend the diamond celebration dinner.

• Like Like x 3
  6. rgrif57

rgrif57 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great choice. Rib cap is unreal great flavor and so tender. Glad you enjoyed.

• Like Like x 1
  7. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My father got a Prime Rib at GR a few years ago and said it "sucked".

8. Packbacker

Packbacker High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fwiw- bar seating available at both restaurants on a walk in basis.

Bday trip
  9. oghuman

oghuman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve been going to Gordon Ramsay Steak since it replaced Cafe Aristes. When I decided to try the the Rib Cap and found it to be my favorite steak ever. I went there every trip since it opened. Two years ago I ordered it and - it was chewy - it was not very good. Then next trip I tried it again to see if it was better. Again not up to it’s long run of perfection. I decided to order the same exact meal at Old Homestead and the presentation of every course was better and the taste was better.
    I’ll give Ramsay Steak another chance mg next trip but I don’t know what changed the last two visits bug I’ll give them one more shot at keeping me as a customer. BTW, I’ve gone the Atlantic City restaurant and it’s great.
    Added: I’ve been to Bugsy and Meyers- not impressed.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.