1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MLife resort fees on comped room

Discussion in 'Comps' started by vegasqc, May 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Havent been to Vegas since Nov 2019, so im basic Saphire, after looking at my CET calendar and seeing no comped night whatsoever i decided to look at MLife, still have plenty of decent offers but i noticed that the Resort fees that used to be around 40 $ a night were now a bunch of weird prices

45$ at aria bellagio vdara which looks normal to me but also got
    20$ at Delano
    13$ at MGM, Mandalay, Park, Mirage
    12$ at luxor excal ,NYNY

Is this a new thing?

2. Jer

Jer “The Walrus has spoken”

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe some of the resort fees are comped on some of your days?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. SeaJay

SeaJay Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Those cheaper ones aren't what I'm seeing. They're all up around $45-ish.

4. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know exactly how long a stay you searched at each place, but this is how it works.

Mlife charges resort fees for nights you can't get fully comped. Depending on your play level, you can get out of resort fees for comped nights at some properties but not others. I have to pay resort fees for all nights at Aria/Vdara/Bellagio, and I have to pay them for non-comped nights at the rest.

If you're looking at a property where you get charged resort fees regardless of whether you're comped any nights, the amount displayed will be the entire full resort fee.

If you're looking at a property where you DON'T get charged resort fees for comped nights, but some of your nights are not comped, then it takes the total amount of resort fees you'll have to pay and divides it by the total number of nights you're staying.

So if you go to book something at Aria, even if you can get some nights comped, they still charge you $45/night in resort fees, even for comped nights. So that's what they display.

Then you look at Delano. Because of your play level, you get out of resort fees at Delano, but only for comped nights. Delano's resort fee is $39/night. So if you went to book 4 nights but could only get 2 comped, you'd get charged a total of $78 in resort fees for the 2 non-comped nights. For display purposes, they'd divide that amount by 4 nights. That's $19.50/night, they round it up and show you $20.

MGM Grand is also $39/night. If they're showing you $13, then I'm guessing it means you searched a 3 night stay and can get 2 out of the 3 nights comped. You pay $39 resort fee for the non-comped night and they divide it by 3.

Luxor ($35), Excal ($35), NYNY ($37), are also showing you 1/3rd of the nightly resort fee (rounded off), which implies you're getting 2 out of 3 nights comped at those places as well.

Last edited: May 30, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  5. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This makes a lot on sense, thanks, its a first time thing for me ,i used to always get comped nights but always had to pay full resort fees, have no clue why i dont have to anymore since last trip was in nov 2019

• Like Like x 1
  6. Guy_

Guy_ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A lot of the player base has not been to Vegas since 2019 because of the pandemic.
    I am sure they have changed the algorithm for providing offers to factor this in at least for now.

On top of that it seems to me that Mlife is wise to the fact that a lot of CET players are unhappy atm and looking to snag some of the market share by offering slightly better offers then normal.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seems like you try to book more nights than Mlife can comp you.
    I always try to book fewer nights, then if need, book the other nights at other properties (CET, Cosmo, V/P, Wynn, etc).

8. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have fixed dates in mind, you may want to consider booking something now before new MLife offers come out next week. Things might shift back to where you'd have to pay the resort fee for comped nights at more properties.

More likely though, for the short-term at least, room rates are likely to keep creeping up which means the longer you wait, the more you risk having fewer comped nights available, which also means you'll have to pay resort fees on more nights, even if they don't take the resort fee break away from you at all properties.

It could be that you've been getting the same break on resort fees at some properties for quite a while and just never noticed it because CET has been your mainstay.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah i noticed i had till May 31 to book so i did it, 4 nights in a suite +150 freplay+150 resort when im only saphire i can only imagine what the good players got.

if the boarders/quarantine are still a pain in the ass ill just cancel

• Like Like x 1
  10. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As an aside when I stay at California or 4Queens downtown (we’ll yeah, it’s Downtown) I don’t pay a resort fee on comped rooms nor would you. It’s just part of the reservation process. Which I like because neither could be considered a resort anymore if ever. And I must admit the amenities are nothing like those provided on the strip but it is still hard to conceive a free room costing you over 0 $’s.
    However, if it can be comped off due to play during the stay then I understand trying to minimize people coming and just using the comp.

• Like Like x 1
  11. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Chuck, you are such a great explainer you should be a teacher. (maybe you are?) Now you have me thinking I should book my MLife offer today (book by 5/31) even though I have no idea when I want to go next. My current offers are better than I have seen in the past, and I wonder what the next round will bring....

• Like Like x 2
  12. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think price creep is the biggest risk for most people, as far as waiting. Getting priced out of certain nights or certain room types as time goes on. That's always the case, but moreso with this summer. I'd be less concerned about FP & RC amounts changing except as a result of a recent trip with a change in play level.

I think you had an MLife stay late in April; it's possible that trip will be included in calculation of the offers that come out next week. I think MLife reacts more quickly than they used to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.