1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bacchanal Buffet to Reopen at Caesars Palace on May 20

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by zoobrew, May 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SAFGambler

SAFGambler Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm looking forward to eating at a buffet again, I was able to snag a reservation on June 27. I would definitely get a reservation since they say limited walk-in availability, but I think once the novelty wears off (more buffet open up) it will be easier to get in.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. B T

B T ‍♂️

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Spots on opentable are filling up in advance

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree. I made reservations for four on Open Table for early July. I like that there are reservations, even though I wouldn't be in a long line as a Seven Stars member. I'll be using a couple of my dining certificates and some reward credits to cover the cost. It'll be perfect as one of my guests has a more strict diet but there is still bound to be a good number of dishes that she'll enjoy.

• Love Love x 1
  4. Jer

Jer “The Walrus has spoken”

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just put in a reservation for 10 when my son is out there in July. He’s all excited... :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  5. B T

B T ‍♂️

Trips to Las Vegas:

Here is a goood quality in depth video of the Bacchanal! I will be there next Sunday! :feedme:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe Stand Up to Jewish Hate!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think its pretty clear that most reservations were snatched up by folks with youtube channels.

Was anyone there May 20? It must have been a comical herd of camera toting, narrating, attention-seeking, wannabe-influencers going through the buffet line, sitting at every table.

I subscribe to three LV-oriented YouTube channels. When I launch my YouTube, the recommendations are filled with dozens of Bacchanal vids.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check YouTube for some videos but still too new.
    What is currently out there seems more focused on the YouTuber and not the food.
    I like the videos where the person slowly goes through and shows all available food along with associated names.
    Please post like if one is found.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just posted hoping to find a video just like this.
    Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  9. AnitaCS

AnitaCS Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was amazing. I watched the whole thing and I'm not really a buffet person. Wonder if they have hand sanitizer stations before people get in line and touch the spoon handles. That was freaking me out a little bit.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. ReTriggerMe

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The hand sanitizer for serving spoons should have always been in place. Just good hygiene, along with sneeze guards.

We should all probably have been sanitizing our own hands when walking away from a buffet trip, the grocery salad or hot food bar, and all of the other self serve in life: bulk food bins, doughnut pastry racks, etc. Just basic good practice, not a Covid thing.

There's not one documented case of Covid transmission from a surface. More and more reliable literature out there about it... including here on VMB.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. ReTriggerMe

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a reservation for my trip in 2.5 weeks. But I'm wondering if reservations really matter.

Anyone been yet or even seen/heard the logistics of entering, being seated? I ask because there are social media reports of huge lines like old days so I wonder about benefits of reservations.

12. lesleyy

lesleyy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Alright so I went on May 21st and here's what I can tell you.

I'm sure you want to know about the line. So it was super busy and there is a line where you can add to the waitlist, however, I saw a lot of people get turned away because they said reservations were booked up.. (this was when I was leaving the buffet at 8:30pm).
    I had reservations for 5pm, got there and checked in with the host and her iPad. Was let in what was the usual line to pay. After you pay, you are in another line to be seated. So we were seated within about 5-10 mins of our reservation time. Factor those 5-10 mins to pay, change to drink packages, etc. They didn't really kick us out after 90 mins, and honestly we were just trying to stick around to eat as much and try all the different foods.

Price is $69.99 as listed on their website.

No Caesars Diamond / Seven Stars line... and actually the Starbucks don't have a Diamond line anymore either. Only available for Seven Stars. However, the 24hr Americano cafe had a special line that included Diamond, but you don't really care for this matter.. back to the buffet.

I'm not sure if its because I haven't had any buffets in the last year, but I don't think the quality of taste for the food was one of the best of the best for Bacchanal. I think it was better pre-covid (but this could also be a hit or miss). Presentation wise for the food, was phenomenal. Everything looked delicious and fresh. I especially loved the dessert presentation. The meats on the other hand were hits and misses, because some meats were dry, some were a little too salty, and some were just bland. I consider myself a huge foodie person and love meats, but let's just say I think the highlight of the buffet were the scallops and the elote.. which both these items, you don't really cook? lol

Self-serve and really felt like pre-covid buffets. The only differences? The 2 dim sum carts that had lobster bisque and or a Japanese wagyu hot dog. There are hand sanitization stations at every corner (they really had that every section). The additional dishes they claim to have added to the menu are a vegan/vegetarian dishes and more asian & Indian types of foods.

• Informative Informative x 14
    • Like Like x 1
  13. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess Seven Stars is the New Diamond, huh?

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. jbee

jbee Low-Roller

Is Friday night their seafood night? Which type of crab legs did they have?
    Thanks

15. B T

B T ‍♂️

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seafood every night. Snow crab legs is what they have currently. You can see in the video above. This video was filmed on a Thursday.

16. DrScorpio

DrScorpio Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to Bacchanal on Saturday and heres my report:
    - While it has been "remodeled" the layout and everything will look very familiar to anyone who has gone to bacchanal before. All the asian, pizza, carved meat, seafood, etc locations are pretty much where they were before.
    - The main difference food-wise is that the focus seems to be more on visually impressive items that you would expect at fancy restaurants. This is especially noticeable in the deserts where everything looks beautiful.
    - There is also a focus on weird/interesting items such as roast quail, duck carnitas quesadillas, etc.
    - Currently some items are not there yet like the carts. There are only 2 carts, the Japanese hot dog and lobster bisque cart. I was told that once everything is ready there should be 4-5 carts roaming around the restaurant.
    - Seafood section is mostly the same, just things have been moved around and organized so it looks nice.
    - Carved meat section is literally overflowing with meat (look at the picture).
    - Most of the dim sum items are missing from the asian section, but it may have been relocated to a roaming cart (which currently isnt ready)

Personally I like the older bacchanal better. I loved the old bacchanal for the variety and the fact that the variety was good quality. I dont care about fancy/weird/interesting items. Dont get me wrong, I still enjoyed it and will be going back again next week to see if the dim sum carts are there. I was greatly disappointed at the lack of dim sum items. They really did a good job on the fancy items and it really gives off the high end fancy restaurant feel...in a buffet. Because of the reservation system, it actually was not cramped. Those of you who went to bacchanal previously will probably remember how theres literally bodies everywhere. This may change as the restaurant figures out how much capacity they can handle.

Meat1.jpg Meat2.jpg Pig.jpg

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Love Love x 1
  17. Gary72

Gary72 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went there with a buddy on Thursday night. The opentable.com reservations worked like a charm. There was no problem using the diamond $100 credit. Curiously, throughout the meat it looked like about 10-15% of the tables were unoccupied.

Service and presentation quite impressive.

EXTREMELY disappointed that all the "hot" entrees and side dishes were either lukewarm or room temperature. Even had to insist that the meats be reheated. Only saw one cart, the one with the small hot dogs (only heated dish). Never saw dim sum cart in the 2 hours we were there.

The deserts were spectacular, though it did not make up for the cold "hot" entrees and side dishes.

Incidentally, the price is $64.99 before tax.

• Informative Informative x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.