1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bacchanal Buffet to Reopen at Caesars Palace on May 20

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by zoobrew, May 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VolleyBall

VolleyBall 7* & MLife Plat

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Standard Practice for buffets, they open and have best available food at opening, then they progressively reduce their offerings such as remove prime rib. Then they renovate, bring everything back. Rinse and repeat.

Weekend dinner, wouldn't be surprised at all if they go up $79.99/person and a AYCD package bringing the total price to $99.

I did some researching on Open Tables, perhaps days/times were already mentioned but I couldn't find any info.

It would appear BB will only be open for dinner from Thursday-Monday although it's possible those are the only days/times they're allowing reservations.

upload_2021-5-8_11-14-3.png

2. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Check-Raise

Check-Raise High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for sharing! Based on this I booked a table at Bacchanal the night of the 22nd. I have not been to Bacchanal before but I do love buffets and I hear it's one of the best!

4. maxev

maxev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha, after stuffing myself at Wicked Spoon, I can now mosey over to Bacchanal. The walk will work off the Wicked Spoon calories and I'll be rarin' to go!

--max

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. maxev

maxev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My experience is the same -- I was last at Bacchanal on Jan. 29, 2020.

Came back to Caesars in August. Between then and now, stayed there 9 times, not counting the occasional visits when staying at other properties.

During the early stages when it was completely blocked off at the front, I would peek in to look for any changes. Then it was gradually unblocked and open, but I never saw any noticeable difference.

They had announced a million-dollar renovation before COVID, so I was expecting something pretty grand.

Maybe it's all on the backend and service side, or maybe the $1m went to the new gold-encrusted food carts.

I'm ambivalent on the reservations, because I always liked cutting the lines through the 7 Stars lane that was never busy. I'm assuming they'll still have that with priority seating.

It'd be nice if they restored the king crab legs for 7 Stars (upon request, they'd bring out a platter of king crab legs for the table), but they removed that hidden benefit in 2019.

--max

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. lesleyy

lesleyy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know if its just me, but when I check the updated list for Bacc buffet, it doesn't come up for celebration dinner credit. ):

7. zoey11

zoey11 Mid roller and Vegas fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do they still bring hot crab legs to diamond member tables? Or is there any perks?

8. MCann

MCann I can't complain, but sometimes I still do...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No but they have snow crab hot at the italian station on the buffet, and no more king crab for anyone. I last ate there November 2019 and diamond got you a line skip and one free round of champagne for the table (though certain servers were flexible with the definition of "one").

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. wordster

wordster Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was about to make reservations for Bacchanal, but opentable now says:

"Not bookable - Online reservations at Bacchanal Buffet - Caesars Palace Las Vegas can only be made directly on their website."​

But I was directed to opentable from caesars website. Anyone know how to make a reservation?

10. MCann

MCann I can't complain, but sometimes I still do...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I dont know about Bacchanal but I had this experience with 2 other places at Caesars Palace trying to make reservations for my April trip, and in at least that case, I think it was a transition from reservations being required to them no longer taking reservations. I'm pretty sure one of them was Vanderpump, who at least when I was there, was just no longer doing reservations at all, even in person. I wonder if they had set up Bacchanal similarly and forgot to take it off and just now corrected the error.

11. maxev

maxev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, interesting -- maybe they're still working out the kinks. I had the reverse experience.

I booked 2 days ago through OpenTable. Tried going through the Bacchanal page on Caesars site, but there was no place for reservations then.

What's funny is that when I go to Caesars' Bacchanal site now, there's a MAKE A RESERVATION button, but it takes you to OpenTable, which says NOT BOOKABLE and to go to the Caesars site.

Now I wonder if my reservation will be honored!

--max

12. Rumdranker

Rumdranker Grateful Lurker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I made a reservation for the 20th via Open Table, but I'm unsure of the cost... are you forced to get the total package of dinner, AYCD, and line pass for roughly$120? Extra pricey for a buffet... should I just go to South Point?

13. Tank45

Tank45 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When it first was announced, i was able to pull up open times on May 20th. I held off thinking i would book it in the morning (it was late at night when i checked). By morning all the times up to 8:45 were booked. Just checked again and as stated above, Open Tables says you have to book through Bacchanal website and then the Bacchanal website directs you to Open Table.....

Yearly "work trip"
  14. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked a couple of days ago for mid-June. I did have to give it a credit card# to reserve. It's currently showing on my OpenTable app.

15. iviicrociot

iviicrociot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same here. I heard on the Five Hundy By Midnight podcast there were some issues with some people only being able to make reservations for Buffet + VIP Pass + AYCD package. I wonder if they took it down to fix that issue. I didn't notice it when I booked, there were no prices listed or any package mentioned, just required credit card.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Philonous815

Philonous815 Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The opentable page now lists the prices:

Experience available 3pm - 10pm:
    • Mon-Thurs: $119.99 ($54.99 buffet, $19.99 AYCD, $45 Express Pass)
    • Fri-Sun: $129.99 ($64.99 Buffet, $19.99 AYCD, $45 Express Pass)

It seems like a reservation is nothing more than a line pass that you pay for. I wonder if it mean people who booked before are booked into the package with AYCD and express pass too?

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  17. vegasvstr

vegasvstr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Express pass is almost as much as the meal?
    Wonder if those are the final prices.

Last edited: May 13, 2021
  18. Gary72

Gary72 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have reservations for late May. Nowhere does it say anything about Express Pass, just reserving time. Just checked again and nothing on OpenTable or Caesars through reservations. Nothing on Caesars website. Where is this "experience" listed (or prices).

19. Philonous815

Philonous815 Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's on the opentable page after you click read more. It didn't say anything about prices or express pass when I made my reservation too.

upload_2021-5-13_16-36-3.png

20. maxev

maxev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The price seems okay, I was expecting higher.

"hundreds of uniquely displayed dishes" -- hmm...

--max

• Wow! Wow! x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.