1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Sight for sore eyes! COVID Vaccine!

Discussion in 'Coronavirus in Las Vegas' started by mescalita, Dec 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RibbonCat

RibbonCat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got my 2nd Moderna last Wednesday and I felt fine until Thursday afternoon. I was so sore and achy all over - it hurt to sit, hurt to lay down, all over. My legs, my sides, my back - burning aching all over. It went on all Thursday afternoon and evening. Woke up Friday with just the sore arm, the achy was gone. The arm is still sore today but no rash or discolor.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got my second Pfizer shot yesterday afternoon and did some chores and stuff after that. I was making dinner, just tacos, and struggling at 6pm to stay focused. All I know is that sometime after dinner I completely passed out on the couch and stayed there, having crazy vaccine dreams, until 4am. I guess I had a little more fatigue than I thought I did. :)

Today I'm feeling just a little bit like I was doing shots and dancing like a maniac in Vegas last night. I'm sore and feeling a little hungover. But it's already fading this afternoon and I'm so happy that I'm counting down the days until my full efficacy.

13 more days! :woot: And on that day, Dan gets his second shot.

• Love Love x 9
    • Like Like x 6
  3. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nah, he just stayed home until it went away. He has stomach problems and doesn't want to visit his dr. because the dr. doesn't know how to help him with his problem.

Actually I hear more problems from people taking the Moderna shot than the Pfizer shot. My brother is one of the only people I heard having rash and itching problems from Pfizer.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wish I had a choice between Pfizer and Moderna. I got what I got. Just chatted with a neighbor today who had Pfizer. No reactions at all. I was not so lucky. My arthritis is still extra bad a week later, after every bone aching for a day and a half. Glad it’s over for now and would do it again.

5. thegov2k2

thegov2k2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you schedule through CVS, they tell you which location has which vaccine. At the time I got mine, I didn't care. Knowing what I know now, I'd probably opt for the Pfizer instead of Moderna.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got my second Pfizer Friday. As with the first shot, all that happened was a sore arm and I was really sleepy. That's it. The entire week before, day of, and after, I've made sure my diet was anti-inflammatory and I was extra hydrated with Liquid I.V. I also took Tylenol after the shot since my arm was more sore than it was last time. If that's the only side effect, I'll take it.

• Like Like x 6
  7. phade

phade Keeping tabs on LV while not there...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Headache subsided and was pretty fatigued, slept away Friday PM. By Saturday midday I was much better.

Onward and upward, hopefully, now that shot 2 is done.

• Like Like x 2
  8. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got my second Moderna shot Saturday afternoon. I noticed a bit of soreness at the injection site the next day. I had a fever (less than102) Sunday morning, so I took some Tylenol. So far so good!

• Like Like x 2
  9. SweetJackal

SweetJackal Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I actually just reported my "covid arm". It showed up 10 days after my first Moderna shot. Immediately after getting the shot my hips and back started to ache. Didn't know if it was just a coincidence because I did some gardening the day before or if I was being a dramatic baby. Went home and ate some lunch and told my daughter I got the shot since my husband was out of town and I was alone. About 3 hours later I knew I wasn't being a baby and my joints truly ached. Asked the cat to move over on the couch and I stretched out and told myself I will close my eyes for "a few minutes". My daughter stopped by and woke me up at 8pm, I had slept for 5 hours. My temp was 99.6 and she made me a tea and I went to bed. Slept well and woke up feeling great, happy mood, cheerful, all that good stuff. Except now my hands ached terribly, both of them. That lasted all day and the next day I was good.
    Sorry...rambling.....Ok so 10 days after the shot my husband pointed out the my arm looks red. It did and I had not noticed or felt it. Over the past 3 days it has proceeded to become a large 3"x5" red , hot, swollen patch that I could fry an egg on. It is not really bothering me but I reported it to the medical center and they were going to report it on VAERS. Nothing to do but wait.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm feeling like a million bucks. I've got both vaccines in my arm and I'm still counting the days until full efficacy. But otherwise, I'm ready to roll and get back out there. Countdown to travel T-12 days!

I have to admit that I was really worried about the possible side-effects, especially for the 2nd dose, because so many people talk about it being bad and I've had a troublesome history with vaccines. I was a little more tired than usual, but I also had a really hectic week the week before. My arm was a bit sore for 24 hours, but my experience with the second shingles vaccine was much worse than my response to the COVID vaccine.

Please don't let fear of the side-effects keep you from getting the vaccine. If you're concerned about effects, schedule it for a Friday afternoon or Saturday morning when you can afford to lay on the couch and relax, if you need it. Drink water. Take a Tylenol if the arm soreness is bothering you. Most of the people reporting symptoms are saying it was short lived, like 24-48 hours. I felt fine 24 hours after the shot.

Well, I was a little bit hungry on Sunday afternoon and decided it was a "side effect" and my husband had to go out and get me the only cure, chips and guacamole! :haha:

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. rooster42000

rooster42000 Goat of all Goats , My Hero

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Love Love x 1
  13. Basil

Basil VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OUTDOORS

Very important distinction, CDC has stated that fully vaccinated persons do not have to wear a mask Outdoors unless they are in a large crowd of strangers

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Outdoors, but also the guidance I've read says "within 6 feet of other people". So not just concert crowds. I'd say "walking on Las Vegas Blvd" would still require a mask because of how close people are to each other.

SPECULATION: But maybe not if you're at the pool and sitting in your socially distanced lounger or cabana. *fingers crossed*

I'll be posting more in the COVID Sticky today.

cdcmasks.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  15. gr8whitenorth

gr8whitenorth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Still no jab for many of us above the 49th thus far. My wife actually managed to get an appointment and is scheduled for hers early next week! While I do technically qualify for my first shot it is somewhat random to get the actual shot. Right now since we don't live in a 'hotspot' we can schedule directly through a pharmacy since we are over 40. I've done that but heard nothing back yet. Our entire household (including my 7 month pregnant daughter) all tested positive a few weeks back but have fully recovered with very mild symptoms. So as soon as my appointment becomes available I am heading to get my first shot. I've had some friends get theirs so things are looking up!!

• Like Like x 4
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  16. amk121

amk121 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had my second Moderna vaccine shot on Tuesday...I had a very sore arm for the rest of the day, and then overnight Tuesday I had flu like symptoms- chills, nausea, my temp was just below 102, until noon the next day. I also had major muscle and joint pain, it just seemed like I had almost every symptom. I started to feel better around noon on Wednesday, so I started teleworking, but then I started sinking again later in the afternoon and my temperature come back and I just went back to sleep. Thursday I felt a lot better..This is quite a shot!

• Like Like x 3
  17. aspenq

aspenq Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    had my first Pfizer shot a week ago - sore arm and some tiredness the following day and that's about it.

• Like Like x 2
  18. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got my second Moderna yesterday from Walgreens. Mild fatigue, mild body aches that seem to move to different parts of my body, mild headache that comes and goes and of course, sore arm. I still have the bandaid with the Walgreens “W”. It is really making a difference! :woohoo:
    I just got done mowing the lawn and I am wiped!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
    Dead & Co with my son! June 4 or 5th - June 8th
    • Like Like x 6
  19. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2nd Moderna yesterday. Other than a sore arm, no symptoms.

• Like Like x 5
  20. habs0nut

habs0nut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I got our first shots (Pfizer) today and pretty happy. It was actually kind of exciting. We live in a "hotspot" here and it was slow going for them to start opening up appointments to those under 50 due to stock levels of vaccines. I did try to get AstraZeneca through a pharmacy but none in my area had any. Luckily supply levels are on the rise of mRNA vaccines and on Friday the floodgates opened for our "hotspot" area and we were able to book for today. Now, just need to wait till August for our second dose, which hopefully get bumped up. I'm just happy to be one stop closer to the new normal.

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.