1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Pending check-in room charges

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by ReTriggerMe, Apr 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe Stand Up to Jewish Hate!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been able, if speaking with a capable representative, to depart my room so that they can clean and turnover, but have the hotel leave my folio open. I've charged items to my folio after departure room to take advantage of promo resort credit. To be thorough, I've also had stubborn representatives tell me it's impossible and that I'm mistaken, it never could have happened

It's not uncommon to arrive at a hotel and not have the room ready. Many places will hand over a key and notify you when the room is ready, allowing you to proceed directly to your room. I believe that, at least sometimes, they've assigned a room - it's just not yet clean and ready. Is your hotel account, your folio, open before you're actually in the room?

In more practical terms, can you arrive, stop at check-in, get a key but not yet have access to your room, and start charging food, beverages, etc. to your room immediately? Arrive and head to spa for a treatment to while waiting for room - can you charge spa to room?

2. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my experience, it depends on whether they give you the room number. You need that for charging.

I can't say universally, though. At least at Aria, my usual haunt, they'll give you a key but tell you that they're going to text you later with the room number; you can get into the pool, for example, but if you don't have a room number you can't charge yet. I've asked about this a number of times, usually when I was on that stupid early flight from JFK that'd get in at like 9am and was okay waiting for a better room than the one on the 5th floor overlooking the HVAC units.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are talking about BEFORE charges - it depends on the hotel. We have had times when they allow early charges and times when they do not.

Keep folio open will surely happen if housekeeping has not come along and "checked you out".

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Elf70

Elf70 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve charged to my room before it’s ready. It usually involves a call to VIP services for confirmation. So if you’re using VIP for check in it’s definitely possible. I imagine they could also confirm the room number for regular check in.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. sdbruin619

sdbruin619 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have before at Mgm properties(it was Aria or Monte Carlo). When charging to the room, if you completed check-in, the restaurant can look your name if you don't have the room #. I don't remember if I had keys or not.

6. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It can be done. It’s not routine, and it mostly depends on how much the person handling the charge wants to get it done. It’s also more likely to get done at a higher end property where they understand why you’re doing it. I would say you have a better chance at the spa than a busy gift shop or bar where they just won’t want to take time for this.

7. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe Stand Up to Jewish Hate!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Candidly, just wondering about arriving Cosmopolitan shortly after 10 am, don't expect room to be ready, having lunch at noon, and room still may not be ready. Overnight trip... so lunch next day after checkout.

How does one seek backend comps when charges don't go on room account?

8. Elf70

Elf70 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You’d need to coordinate with a host to get lunch after checkout comped. Either the room bill could be left open or a comp could be added to your card. Both require a host to coordinate.

9. cjcjcj

cjcjcj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've only been in this situation once, checking into Mandalay Bay. I could not room charge before being assigned a room -- but again, if you're hosted or in VIP checkin, they probably could work something out to use your resort credit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.