1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Just what the Dr ordered - solo trip for my sanity - 4/18-???

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by ParisFan, Apr 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jascarter

jascarter Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also I love solo trips too! and Vegas is the perfect place alone. I wish my husband liked to travel solo. Then I wouldn’t feel so bad, but he’s supportive and knows I enjoy them so doesn’t mind that I go.

• Like Like x 4
  2. kkinwi

kkinwi VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report! Love solo trips also (70 y.o.) and a nice room to relax in is part of my enjoyment. Hope you continue to enjoy your stay!

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 2
  3. hattrick225

hattrick225 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love my solo trips! Great report! Thanks for sharing!

Vegas Vacation 2024
  4. ParisFan

ParisFan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    20210419_071831.jpg So you'd think by 40something you would know the dangers of liquor & sun but nooooo not this Mama. Closed the pool down at 5 and realized those refreshing berry coolers were ALL alcohol with a couple of blueberries thrown in for show. Anyway, managed to somehow get back to Cosmo and totally crash for the rest of the night. Luckily (or unluckily) managed to cancel my reservation for Scarpetta's (insert really sad face here) before I proceeded to sleep for the next 12 hours. Woke up thankful I brought my electrolyte drink mixes with and got ready to start Tuesday refreshed and ready to relax at the spa...

Included a pic I took earlier in the day at ParkMGM that really foreshadowed the rest of my day (and because I didn't get a pic of the trail of shoes, coverup and wet bathing suit I left across my floor )

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  5. Dutch34

Dutch34 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great looking sweater....and your son isn't so bad himself!

• Love Love x 1
  6. GamblingGolfer

GamblingGolfer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey, a great age!

GG

7. ParisFan

ParisFan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After sleeping off the pool day (which -BONUS - means I didn't spend my Monday bankroll) I got ready to tackle the mid-strip for some exercise, breakfast and pampering.

1st stop - Bellagio Conservatory.

Now I must say, the Bellagio isn't for me. I find it to be little too formal for me - I have to do formal too much for work. With that said, the Conservatory is a must do for me every trip. I just love the creativity of the displays. This year/season is nice but I have to admit I was a little underwhelmed but I can't say exactly why.
    20210420_085234.jpg 20210420_085832.jpg 20210420_085318.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 2
  8. ParisFan

ParisFan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Continued my walk for a bit before winding my way across the street to my favorite Caesars property - can you guess what it is?!?!

2nd stop...

Well - of course - Paris!!!! I've been in love with this place since my first trip back in 2005 when I stayed at the Aladdin (now PH). I really don't give Caesars any bankroll attention these days but I still find this property to be special. I had originally scheduled breakfast for Mon Ami Gabi but switched it to Hexx to mix things up a bit. My new friend from Oklahoma was in the area so met me for a nice breakfast on the patio. (Nothing cures a pool hangover like a Bloody Mary!) We quickly remembered that it was 4-20 and maybe all second hand smoke from the passersby would give us enough of an appetite to eat all this... 20210420_093829.jpg 20210420_094907.jpg

• Like Like x 10
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  9. Check-Raise

Check-Raise High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm glad I convinced my wife to book a day bed at the Wynn for her trip in June for exactly this reason. She likes spending time by the pool and I was worried that the lines might be ridiculous and if you weren't there at open, you may spend more time waiting than lounging... Anyway, this all help reaffirm that it's $300 well spent.

Thanks, enjoying the report!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. ParisFan

ParisFan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My trip of pampering continued with a hot stone massage at PH's Mandata Spa. Honestly, I've never been a fan of PH. It was so much better as Aladdin (especially Spice Market) but things must change I guess. This place seemed even more depressing than pre-pandemic! The mezzanine level where the spa is is so empty and dreary. I started wondering if I made a bad choice but the treatments were already paid for via Groupon so I continued. The spa staff were extremely pleasant and overall the massage was good. One major complaint was the massage therapist didn't wipe any of the oil off when he was done. I felt like a piece of fried chicken that just came out of grandma's cast iron after cooking for waaaay took long! Ick! Cleaned up as best I could and then back to Cosmo for some time in a bubble bath, relaxing music, Secret pizza on the balcony and admiring the Las Vegas Strip!

20210420_113212.jpg 20210420_135401.jpg 20210422_100737.jpg 20210420_134214.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 16
    • Love Love x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. Blue pacific

Blue pacific Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice TR...looks like you're having a very relaxed solo trip!
    keep the fun going!

12. ParisFan

ParisFan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Next up for the day - dinner & a show!

One great thing about the internet is that you get the opportunity to meet people that you may not have had the opportunity to meet otherwise. That's exactly what happened to me through a series of circumstances this trip. Met a wonderful woman from Oklahoma who I ended up spending a significant amount of time with on this trip. It's like we are sisters from different misters! Anyway, she wanted to see David Copperfield and I said I would gladly tag along. I said it worked perfectly as I had a reservation at Emeril's for that evening. So we met for a wonderful dinner at Emeril's and then off to the show. Quick review of the meal: Appetizers (shrimp and fondue) were very good but not outstanding. I was disappointed in the cocktail sauce (St Elmo's in Indy is the gold standard for me when it comes to shrimp cocktail & cocktail sauce - if you don't know it do yourself a favor and look it up!). The entrees - she had the salmon (not pictured) and I had the ribeye Oscar style which was outstanding! And of course, the banana cream pie. Let me preface this part of the review by saying I normally eat a low carb diet with very little sugar. I did endulge here and there in a minimal amount of sugar (sans alcohol). Given some reviews of this pie from my previous posts I really had this pie hyped up in my mind. Now it was good but really too much for me - I could only eat 3 bites. Love of banana is a must for anyone interested in trying this (bananas are just ok for me.) I would recommend just apps and dessert or just dessert if your gonna get that pie. Overall I would recommend the restaurant especially for that steak - it was amazing!!!

As for the show, we didn't know what to expect. I was pleasantly entertained by it although there were a few parts that were a bit hokey (is that even a word?!?) Clearly some things are staged but I was very impressed by the illusion at the end with Frank. I would recommend it if you can can get tickets for a reasonable price but I would go out of your way to see it. WARNING: spoiler pic at the end that is part of the show you get by email. DON'T read if you don't want details of the show but do read if you do!

Headed back to Cosmo in a terrifying cab ride. Played slots for awhile - same crappy results so went to watch the fountains from my balcony and called it night. One more full day left in my solo adventure...
    20210420_193001.jpg 20210420_195325.jpg 20210420_203431.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 10
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Tutontow

Tutontow Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Please tell me more about these electrolyte drink mixes. I drink Monster Mocha Loca's when I am hungover. They work like a charm but the sugar content is through the roof. These electrolyte drink mixes sound like something I might want to look into. BTW I am loving your report.

14. ParisFan

ParisFan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for following along!

I use Keto Vitals and they have no sugar or questionable sweeteners. I get them on Amazon. I drink them daily because of eating a low carb diet anyway but they really help when you have indulged a bit. You can get them in individual serving packets or a larger tub. The packets are perfect to take on trips! Just mix them in an ordinary bottle of water!

15. Tutontow

Tutontow Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank You. My wife is on Keto and gets leg cramps. Maybe this will help her. Sorry I got off topic.. I just ordered them. Those Monster drinks have 28 grams of sugar!!!

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  16. SteveO

SteveO Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love your story and really enjoy these solo reports.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. ParisFan

ParisFan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Absolutely! I had the same problem. My blood work showed my electrolyte counts were really low (Mg, Na and K) which is very common on low carb lifestyles/diets!

18. Vegas Erica

Vegas Erica VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOVING this report! You know how to have a great solo trip. Have a great last full day!

Easter with my Peeps
  19. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m really enjoying your trip report. Wonderful that you made a new friend to spend time with; perhaps she will be your new Vegas partner in crime on future trips.

• Like Like x 2
  20. 1stoppop

1stoppop Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoying your trip report! I hope the rest of your trip is just as fabulous and relaxing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.