1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Just what the Dr ordered - solo trip for my sanity - 4/18-???

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by ParisFan, Apr 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ParisFan

ParisFan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

So first of all, thanks to all of you who have provided me with invaluable info over the past several weeks. I totally stressed myself out to make this a perfect relaxing trip. (I'm so a Type A personality!!!)

Trip began with usual 2am no reason wake-up (well stressed about my son and his new job that he just started - he's 20, autistic and this is his first job that has taken me forever to find but I digress). My amazing son had to start work at 6:30 which was the perfect reason to switch my flights to earlier ones that got me here 4 hours earlier. Uneventful flights with the exception of the deranged man at PIT being chased by security)

Arrived in Sin City on time and luggage in one piece. Didn't do United baggage delivery after all and worked perfectly. Walked outside and right into a waiting taxi. Super nice driver with great conversation. Arrived at Cosmo in what seemed like 3 minutes. Went right to Ambassador lounge as Marriott Titanium Elite. Had fantastic check-in with Kristin. She secured me an amazing room that I will totally be utilizing my entire trip. So glad I decided to actually stay here instead of MGM (more on that later...)

Lunch at Momofuku. Honeycrisp sour with pork ramen and pork ramen. (Thanks again for fantastic recommendations!). Drink and bun were absolutely amazing! Ramen was ehh.

Still have 4 days of Vegas therapy for this stressed Mama to come but so far so good...

20210418_131008.jpg 20210418_140839.jpg

• Like Like x 26
    • Love Love x 3
  2. VaDreamer

VaDreamer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoy your trip. Will be following along. Congrats to your Son. I hope he’s doing well and is enjoying his job.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  3. ParisFan

ParisFan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So after unpacking a bit, picked up my Cosmo Identity card and played a bit on my free play. Came out a few hundred ahead so called it quits for awhile and decided to take a stroll down to MGM to check out my room there. Used MGM mobile check-in which was smooth enough but didn't give me an opportunity to sweet talk the clerk into a "nice" view so this is what I got (so much for my loyalty to MGM) 20210418_173845.jpg

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Wow! Wow! x 5
  4. VaDreamer

VaDreamer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dang! Could they have done any worse with a view? I've never used the online check in option, mainly because I do like to request certain things (like a non-connecting door) and this sort of confirms to me that I won't in the future. Seems like I've read about several people getting terrible views when checking in online. I guess if you aren't picky about the room or view, it's a great option though. Hope the room itself is nice, clean and comfortable.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Stephiede1975

Stephiede1975 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope you have a fun and relaxing trip. Congrats to your son getting his new job. I have a 17 year old son with Down Syndrome, so I can understand the extra stress level. Vegas is my go to place to get away and reset. Can't wait to enjoy that Cosmo balcony soon.

Spring Trip!
    Spring Trip!
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  6. Stephiede1975

Stephiede1975 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just wanted to comment on you timer. I'm thinking the same as you, lol.

Spring Trip!
    Spring Trip!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Jason Mom

Jason Mom Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @ParisFan Yay on your son's new job! I'm so happy for you that your son is on his way to independence. I have a little one on the spectrum and I often wonder if he will be able to hold a job in the future.

Anyway, Enjoy your trip! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  8. ParisFan

ParisFan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aww thanks everyone. My son really seems to be taking to his job. It sucks that his second week of work coincides with this trip but that's probably good for him (& me!!!)

Anyway, dinner first night was at Sushi Samba. It was a little bit of an unusual experience between the trippy film 70s film playing on the wall and the inattentive waitress who became overattentive when she actually made it to the table. The food was exceptional with the waygu gyoza (sorry not pictured) being the star of the show. The avocado roll and the Samba Strip along with the Honey Toast are highly recommended by me. I would say I wouldn't recommend the dessert if dining alone. Had one piece and that was enough as it was unbelievably sweet! 20210418_212213.jpg 20210418_221616.jpg

• Like Like x 10
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. Courtney

Courtney Resident polygamist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Following along! I consider myself pretty independent and ballsy...I still don’t think I could do Vegas solo!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That view from the Cosmo is amazing! Enjoy your trip.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. vegas superfan

vegas superfan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congratulations on your son's job and congratufreakinglations on being in Vegas solo!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. ParisFan

ParisFan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So day 2 didn't disappoint and was a truly Vegas day for a solo 40something mom :p. Started off the day before sunrise which was perfect! Put on my favorite #29 shirt (big Fleury fan as we are Pittsburgh fans and the Flower will always be a Penguin in our hearts but the GK have become our second favorite team) and headed to Primrose for breakfast. Great service and fantastic steak and eggs for my morning protein fix. Definitely will eat here again when we come back as we usually stay at NYNY. Next up in my day - pool time - which didn't disappoint :cool: 20210419_053655.jpg 20210419_060620.jpg
    20210419_073415.jpg

• Like Like x 12
    • Love Love x 2
  13. ParisFan

ParisFan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Girl - do it. If there is one place where you can have an absolutely amazing time by yourself it is Vegas!!!

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  14. mwig

mwig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Completely agree!! I've taken numerous trips to Vegas alone. I have a lot more vacation time than anyone else in the family and I hate the idea of burning vacation to do... nothing. I've always had fun. The beauty is that you can be alone but still be in an energetic environment. Eating alone is actually pretty normal there so it's more comfortable than it is in some other places.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 5
  15. vegas superfan

vegas superfan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i am going to third this. There are no balls required for a solo trip :) Vegas is the best place to be solo at.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Love Love x 1
  16. Dutch34

Dutch34 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This Pittsburgh fan (and native) agrees with your Flower sentiment. Crosby the pug also agrees (yes, that Crosby).

Attached Files:

• Love Love x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. julia

julia VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm so happy for you that you got away for a refreshing trip! Congrats to your son on his new jog--hope it goes well.

I LOVE my solo trips; for this 50-something mom, they are a needed refreshing reset. I read, I people watch, I gamble, I dine on delicious food, and I get to do it on my schedule. Vegas is a great place for a solo trip - so much to see and do, even if you don't rent a car and go off strip.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Love Love x 2
  18. ParisFan

ParisFan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So when I booked this trip I said pool time was important so I splurged on a day bed for 2 of my days here. I don't like lines and I didn't want to shut out. I received a call on Sunday confirming my reservation for Monday. They said I could check-in early (7:30) to pick up wristbands and pick my pod. There were already people lined up when I got there (and they were in the wrong lines) but I was able to get checked in and head to my room to change before coming back down at 9 to get in. The line to get in was 20x longer than it was at 8!! Luckily there is an area to the left side where they let people with bands wait and let us in first. I went right to the pool shack and had my $5 Target floats inflated for $5 as well which was much better than the $30+ they charge for tubes there! Headed straight to my pod and relaxed at the pool the ENTIRE day! Service was excellent as were the drinks! Really enjoyed sushi poolside and so glad I booked this for tomorrow as well. Probably (no - not probably but ABSOLUTELY) had too much sun and too many drinks but I'll save that story for the next post...) 20210419_112109.jpg
    20210419_115909.jpg 20210419_081752.jpg

• Like Like x 8
    • Love Love x 4
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  19. ParisFan

ParisFan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    20210420_144038.jpg
    So here's my son in one of his favorite birthday gifts - an authentic Crosby Rimouski jersey. To say he is a Crosby fan is a huge understatement!

• Like Like x 13
    • Love Love x 6
  20. jascarter

jascarter Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stopped using mobile check in for this reason. I would always get a room on a very low floor. And it took so much wrangling to try and get something else. I’d rather just wrangle from the start.

• Agree Agree x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.