1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Comps disappearing? Companion System down? CET

Discussion in 'Comps' started by JasonCTX, Apr 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JasonCTX

JasonCTX Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello, as recently as last week I was able to get weekday comps at all properties except the big 3 (CP,NOBU,CW) when using a companion #. I was also getting comps at harrah's properties in Laughlin, Lake Tahoe and Atlantic City. Yesterday I logged in and put in the companion #, and no change to my calendar, no comps, just $10 rooms at the lower end Vegas properties, like I get without the companion #. Does anyone know if the companion system is down? Any chance of my comps coming back? Should I just check everyday?

Thanks.

2. zoobrew

zoobrew VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes check everyday as sometimes the systems have glitches.
    But remember that there are a finite number of rooms and every minute of every day somebody is taking one of those rooms and the remaining rooms get more expensive and less likely to be comped. In the current pent up travel environment: He who hesitates is lost. With that said I never book a room in LV that can't be cancelled for free, in case a better room/price appears.

3. Burnsie

Burnsie VP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been seeing the same for the past few days, back and forth with comps/no comps.

Keep checking and see how things look during the week.

4. SprintGravy

SprintGravy Gravy Train Conductor

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My room rates have gone from comp to $149 a night and back to comp. Just keep checking. It's a computer algorithm doing it.

If it's free I say book it. Especially when you're not 72 hours out or whatever the free cancelation is

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mine all disappeared last week, then reappeared again 2 days later, however, they're definitively not as good as they were prior to my trip last weekend which, somewhat amusingly, entailed play at my normal level. I have comps at most properties, but not 7 days a week like I had prior.

We'll see what happens over the next few weeks, but what I'm seeing currently doesn't entice me to come back later this summer.

6. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe Stand Up to Jewish Hate!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe it's a new CET money savings initiative.

Maybe the guys who invented vouchers for no-housekeeping, no grandfathering limits at tables and 3/4 ounce pours have strategized that making comps available intermittently will reduce non-revenue-producing transactions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven’t paid for a room in 5+ years over 20+ trips and looking to go in May and I don’t have a single comp room for a weekend night until June. Either something is up or the pent up demand is huge. My best “offer” is $99 and $129 at Ballys...I normally stay at Cromwell/Paris/PH but crazy weekend prices right now.

8. jon_vegas

jon_vegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Clear your cache and cookies. maybe that will help.

9. JasonCTX

JasonCTX Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you everyone I will keep a close eye on it and hope they come back in the next few days. In a few weeks we will be putting some coin in at Harrah's Louisiana Downs and probably the Horseshoe Bossier City, hope that entices CET for some comps in Louisiana.

10. dualaces123

dualaces123 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know how it works with companion but I've found the system to be glitchy and have found that just texting my host seems to get the best results. Not sure if that is something that can be done as a companion, but might be worth a try.

11. alexm

alexm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure of the exact reason but there are a couple big things going on in May that often result in tougher weekend bookings. Mothers day weekend being 7-9 edc is still scheduled at least for 20-22 and memorial day is 27-29. There has also been talk about edc doing 2 smaller weekend events back to back. Since it seems unlikely memorial day would be the second weekend, maybe some are expecting them to announce edc is 13-15 and 20-22. That's just speculation though.

• Like Like x 1
  12. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do expect the pent up demand is going to compact comped rooms.

And of course, there is always special weekends and events. Often helps to go to website and LOGOUT and see what the rack rates are for the month. If room rates are high for cash folks, then comps will be tighter or non existent depending on your ADT.

13. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, just saw that EDC is May 21-24 so I’m sure that’s the reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.