1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

AA added 777 to Vegas from DFW, PHL, MIA and ORD

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Ezzy711, Apr 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw this over the weekend:

https://thepointsguy.com/news/american-domestic-wide-body-summer-2021/

Checked my June flights last night and sure enough they changed all my flights, but did not put me on the nice plane from DFW. They did cut down my outboud 90 min layover in DFW to 60. Called last night. Told they'd call me back in 4 or more hours. Got a call at 1AM. Recording said press 1 if you are ready to speak to an agent Pressed 1 then tried to put it on speaker phone. Sleepy me pressed the wrong button and hung up. DOH!! Woke up at 4 (my normal time) and thought surely (don't call me Shirley) I can get through at 4am. Nope. They will call me back in 4 more hours. Finally got a call back at 7AM. I still had to wait 5 minutes for someone to get on the line. I whined about the shortened layover and scored a later departure at 9:30am, just a slightly longer DFW layover of 1 hr 40 and a seat in business class, solo seat window. Sweet! My return flights changed by a few minutes so couldn't get that one on the nice plane but return never matters.

When they announced opening vaccines to all I panic bought my ticket assuming the fares would rise. I was right. The flights are up $475 from what I paid and will probably go higher now. Commmmmooooonnnnn June.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Eleven99isFine

Eleven99isFine VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Smart move - they're betting Europe and Asia won't be open to tourists yet. Those wide bodies have to go somewhere besides Hawaii!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. hattrick225

hattrick225 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Ezzy711 - thanks for posting! Very informative. I was wondering about that yesterday, as I was booking AA flights for my July trip. I was surprised to see the wide body jets flying some of the routes. I am connecting through DFW on the way out, on a 777, and ORD on a 787 on the way home. I figured the planes listed were incorrect, and there would be an equipment change at some point.

Vegas Vacation 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great for those that get those planes. Flying on a wide body changes the experience quite a bit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for posting this! It made me check my flights. And of course, AA changed things up completely, leaving me with a four hour layover. Looks like I’ll get the pleasure of waiting four hours to speak to a human as well.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.