1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Buying a Suit in Vegas

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by cjcjcj, Apr 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cjcjcj

cjcjcj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, where's the best place to get a new men's suit?

I rarely have to wear a suit, in fact it's probably been 2+ years for work, but alas company meetings are back. And honestly my 13 year old off the rack Kohls junk won't cut it anymore.

Tailoring not important as I'll have to do that at home. Looking to spend <$500. What's the good shops in/around Vegas? Is the Dillards Mens clearance place still a thing?

2. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hovering around that price point, Brooks Brothers. There's one at Forum Shops.

Just as an aside, I used to find it kind of ridiculous to spend serious money on a suit, until I bought a few nice ones. My cheap Macy's stuff fell apart after one summer in DC. Meanwhile, I've had my nice BB suits for 5+ years, with the only adjustments needed being sewing shut a pocket tear that developed from how my messenger bag hangs, and replacing a couple buttons because my dry cleaner has it out for suit buttons.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. cjcjcj

cjcjcj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice! I do like Brooks Brothers shirts, I have quite a few of them. Will have to check them out, Thanks!

4. Paul K

Paul K VIP

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Look for something that isn't fused but is at least half if not fully canvassed. That means the inner structure of the suit not the material. Fused suits are bad because that inner structure is glued in place. The suit doesn't move with your body as well and after a while due to perspiration, dry cleaning, etc. the glue starts to degraded. This is where the expression folded like a cheap suit came from.

$500 isn't a lot but it's workable. Have a look at Suitsupply in Fashion Show Mall. Nordstrom is decent too and their tailors are okay. Macy's and Dillards will have a lot of very overpriced options that just hang on your frame. If you can easily afford better, do so. A quality suit can last a lifetime, just like a quality pair of dress shoes. If you really want something exceptional, can and are willing to pay for it, Brioni, Kiton, Bijan at Wynn or Tom Ford in Crystals would be what I'd recommend.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. MCann

MCann I can't complain, but sometimes I still do...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I dont know what's in the outlet centers there but Saks, Nordstrom, and Neiman Marcus sell some of the higher end stuff, and I usually see it about 50-75% off original retail at their outlets, which will bring some of them down in that price range, maybe not including tailoring (although the non outlet versions of same will do that free a lot of the times, never tried with the outlets).

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. cjcjcj

cjcjcj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe after a 10K handpay I'll hit those places up!

Thanks for the tip on the fused versus canvassed. Jogged my memory in researching that years ago.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Paul K

Paul K VIP

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are welcome. Oh and no matter what the salesperson says, the suit needs to fit well in your shoulders and in the rise of the pants. Changing this is very difficult if not impossible. A $1,000 or even $10,000 suit will look worse than a $100 one if the porportions are off.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If its 500$ for just the pants and jacket( no shirt tie, shoes) you might get lucky at the Hugo Boss store north outlets

9. Echo27

Echo27 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This exactly. I was in the apparel business for years and tailoring is everything. I would rather see someone in a less expensive garment with impeccable tailoring than a more expensive piece that doesn’t fit well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why not buy at home and get tailoring there?????

11. cjcjcj

cjcjcj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Honestly not a lot of options here(Central Iowa). Our brooks brothers closed and the only other places would be Von Maur(expensive) and Nordstrom rack(not lot of options there). Was looking to Vegas for more selection and maybe a deal

• Like Like x 2
  12. BlackJackLife

BlackJackLife Already dreaming of the next trip

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Summer heat for Independence Day week...
    • Like Like x 1
  13. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, Saks “Off Fifth” outlet has some great prices on suits...maybe not Brioni/Kiton level, but they usually have Hickey Freeman, Zegna, and Armani and 75% off full retail is definitely possible. You should be able to get something nice for $500. There is a location at the town square mall south of Mandalay Bay.

I also agree, if the jacket doesn’t fit well in the shoulders, don’t buy it. It will never look right.

14. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You also might want to go to Suitsupply at the Palazzo.

15. James Gang

James Gang Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had good luck with Hugo Boss suits at Nordstrom. I'm sure they have something in your price range.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.