1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Any chance

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by coluk003, Apr 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coluk003

coluk003 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ok so our flights are 07/12-07/15 from Southern California ( LAX/LGB/SNA) to LAS any chance of a sale/deal? Prices are about 150is RT which is high.

Also I dont suppose any airline sends out a discount code to give to friend do they? Please dont laugh me out of the building lol Just trying to save some $$$

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What Airline are you flying? (SWA I would guess).

SWA is running a sale right now, so AFAIK, prices are as low as they'd get. Airlines are trying to recoup from the COVID-19 losses.

3. ATLMM

ATLMM High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A lot will depend on which airline, SWA currently has $140 round trip for those dates from LAX with plenty of flight options.

If you want to fly cheaper there is an option for $99 RT split between frontier going to and allegiant returning, but the return is at 6:30am. And with those airlines you may face fees that you wouldn't have with SW so it could end up more expensive anyway.

You could always wait and see to hope things get less expensive, but there's always the risk prices will just go up instead. And if you do SW, remember that you can always book and then get a flight credit for the difference if you find the fare went down by rebooking at the lower fare.

Spirit occasionally has midweek sale codes, just sign up for their e-mails and you'll usually get them. (probably the only airline that uses discount codes and you have to book directly on their site with them).

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, airlines do not send out discount codes.

As to pricing, it varies all over the place. Day of week, time of day, supply and demand.

5. joespoolhall

joespoolhall VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What nostress said. Sale or no sale, timing is everything in airfares. Check, check and recheck.

6. DsqrdDGD909

DsqrdDGD909 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  7. Crawfordesquire

Crawfordesquire High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    drive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Using Google Flights I was able to find $99 r/t per person for those dates out of SNA on Frontier. They charge even for carry on bags, so your actual cost likely won't be quite that cheap, but it's something. Also suggest checking ONT and BUR.

EDC
  9. Zeromus-X

Zeromus-X Faux-High Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This isn't exactly what you asked, but JSX is flying LAX to LAS for $99 each way (all inclusive I believe) on those dates. If $50/pp isn't going to break the bank, it'll probably be a hell of a lot more fun than Southwest.

I believe they also do a $20 referral credit so if you each book individually (however many of you there are) and haven't flown with them yet, you'd get it down to $178 each round trip with the referral credit factored in.

10. Echo27

Echo27 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got an email from Alaska saying they were having a sale. Not sure if it applies during your dates. Good luck!

11. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Allegiant is running a sale thru the end of today, the 14th. There is also a $20 off flight ($40 total if you book 2 one way tickets.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.