1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Sight for sore eyes! COVID Vaccine!

Discussion in 'Coronavirus in Las Vegas' started by mescalita, Dec 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. I was only a little depressed before clicking the link!

3. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depressed? Get your vax, use basic precautions, get out and enjoy life, Turtle!!

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been fully vaxed (Pfizer) for several weeks!

• Like Like x 5
  5. Basil

Basil VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, if I'm understanding the talking heads correctly, the basic idea is to accomplish a couple of things. A little extra scrutiny to see if there is a common thread among those who developed the clots so they can warn against it. Also, blood clots was not listed as a potential side effect, so it helps ensure doctors are aware of the possibility, and also how these specific clots should be treated since they are so rare. It seems unlikely that JNJ vaccine will be pulled off the market, instead it'll be a couple of days for the evaluation and education.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. donfairplay

donfairplay VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We in the USA have the luxury of choosing between two mRNA-based vaccines which have shown to have an extremely low risk profile, plus we don't have to build out cold chain supply infrastructure for the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine like developing nations would have to. Which means we're also not locked into the two major adenovirus-based vaccines like Johnson & Johnson and Astra Zeneca.

People get to decide based on their own risk profile.

7. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a lot ot say about this in my COVID sticky post today. Lots of articles and interviews and a little perspective. :)

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got called in for a last minute appointment I was waiting for, even though that meant I wasn't here at noon to help get Dan a vaccine appointment.

Last night I got him registered on the site and it bookmarked on both his work and personal laptop. He had some issues, and somehow managed to book himself two appointments for this Saturday. He said he booked 9:30am but the site never confirmed, just spinning wheel until it timed out with "website not available". So he tried again and booked 9:45. Then got to confirmation emails. :)

We got the 2nd one cancelled, and he is set for 9:30 am on Saturday to receive his first dose of Pfizer. YAY!!

• Like Like x 12
    • Love Love x 5
  9. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

No, he got the Pfizer one. Yeah, for me I got the Pfizer one because I heard that moderna has some strange side effects.

10. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting. I hadn't heard of anyone getting the arm rash from Pfizer. I'll have to dig deeper into the side-effect reports.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My dad got booked for Pfizer #1 today for tomorrow at 10:08 a.m. (these very exact times are hilarious to me), so that's great. My mom got Pfizer #2 last week and had a rough night, but she's all good now, too.

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 1
  12. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, @dmr. I missed that Pfizer was included in that.

14. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And of course I've been checking my left arm almost hourly since those reports starting coming out! :)

15. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have to stop reading the news on the reactions. I just read one saying most prefer Pfizer since they have 63.8% getting bad side effects over 83% with Moderna. I’m set to have Moderna #2 Monday. I’m not good with meds as it is. I’ll be fairly nervous anyway. No turning back now I guess.

Has anyone had a choice? The sites I used to schedule just gave you an appointment, you got what you got.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Basil

Basil VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our State sites (RI) list which vaccine it is up front. I didn't really care, so I went for what appointment I can get. CVS did not, although I do remember that it said which vaccine I would be getting before I completed the appointment setting. It wasn't a case of show up and surprise.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. jj_sparty

jj_sparty High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    24 hours post Pfizer #2 and very minimal side effects. Sore arm but it seems to be less sore this round.

Last night I felt like a cold was hitting...tired, an ache here and there and maybe a little feverish but the temp wasn’t up. Nothing during the night and other than feeling a little tired this morning, all is well. Yay science!!!

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  18. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My area also announces which vaccine they are giving before you schedule. Here our choice was Pfizer in our community or Jansen in the next town over. I heard a rumor they are going to replace J&J with Moderna at that site. I guess that is as close as you get to choice. :)

When I got my first dose, they were giving both first dose Pfizer and 2nd dose of Moderna. Two separate vaccine areas were set up to avoid confusion and accidents.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Actually my brother got the rash on his a lot of his back and parts of his front. And he was itchy too. Woke up scratching himself because he was so itchy.

Could be because of his health issues reacting to the vaccine. He is only 56 so got the vaccine because he has stomach/colitis type of health issues so maybe it was because of that. This was his 2nd shot, he had no problems with the first shot.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now that I think about it, I think my schedule said I would get Pfizer or Moderna at the site, I think other days or sites were J&J but i wasn’t able to choose between the 2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.