1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Laundry on a vacation

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Mider999, Apr 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mider999

Mider999 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you guys use the Laundry service offered in the hotel

or go to the nearest Landry mat

2. QuaDxAceZ

QuaDxAceZ High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am curious about this as well. 10+ night stay coming up in August and may look into laundry services at Bellagio if not too expensive

• Like Like x 1
  3. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have used a laundromat in Chinatown on one of my prior trips. I'm a "thrify Asian". Let me find it.

Here it is . . . .

OK, next to the last day. For people asking about a laundromat, I found two places. Both are about a Mile away from the Cromwell. One is East of the strip, on Jones, in what I consider a "not so nice" part of town.

The other is West of the Strip, in Chinatown. I chose the laundromat In Chinatown. It's name is "The Washtub Laundromat" and located at 4821 W Spring Mountain Rd #F, Las Vegas, NV 89102. It closes at 9:30 PM

[​IMG]
    Quick and easy, it took about an hour to wash and dry one load of clothes, total cost was $6.00 ($2.00 wash, $2.00 dry, $1.00 for detergent, $1.00 for Bounce Sheets)

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Raven888

Raven888 Watanabe wannabe

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One time I had to do an "emergency" load of laundry and I just used the hotel facilities.

Otherwise I just bring enough clothes to last me the whole trip. A week's worth can easily fit in a small duffel bag or backpack. One time I was on a business trip for two weeks (not to Vegas, unfortunately) and I just washed my clothes in the bathroom sink and let them air dry.

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Laundry in Vegas - not gonna happen for us. But, I get how some people may need it.

Heck, we did a 3 week round the world with carryon and managed without it. Ha! But, I do understand some folks tend to need it more than others.

BUT - back to the question. Most hotels charge excessively for laundry services. When I traveled for work, I did use them from time to time for clean pressed shirts.

• Like Like x 3
  6. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like 2 different laundromats that I use half way through my 2 week trips...

1) Spin Cycle Laundromat at the SE corner of Tropicana and Eastern. They have a $.99 cent store right next door where you can pick up a small container of name brand detergent for $.99. Also, I enjoy spending time there and picking up some stuff for the room while I'm waiting for the wash to be done. The staff is very nice and helpful. They have wash and fold service where you can just drop off and you pay by the pound (5 lb min) and then pick up a couple of hours later.

2) 24 Hour Laundromat at 3547 S Maryland Blvd (just north of Flamingo on the W side of the street). They provide free powdered soap (not my favorite, but I do like free). I like this place, too and have been using it on my last few trips.

3) For dry cleaning I drop off at Dry Clean Express on the NW corner of Russell and S Jones.

• Informative Informative x 5
  7. vegas superfan

vegas superfan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to do laundry at the KOA at Circus Circus, now I don't do laundry at all, even on 3 week trips. I wash some things in the sink.

8. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've used hotel services off and on, but not recently. When I'm on vacation (or on business), somebody ELSE is gonna do the laundry! Ditto for cooking! The most I think I've ever done myself is to wash something in the sink and hang it up to dry, or iron something that got wrinkled in transit. If, for some reason, I got extended more than a few days or somehow did not pack enough, I would find one of those "wash and fold" places and use them. Once, back when people dressed up for things in the evening, found a spot on a dress I packed and had to find a dry cleaner. I just got in the rental and drove down DI until I found one.

9. SMG

SMG VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hate having to go to the laundromat when I'm on vacation so I usually pack enough clothes to last a week to 10 days (my average Vegas trip). Although if I run low on clean clothes, I just sink wash whatever I need and let them air dry overnight or I buy whatever extras I need in Vegas.

10. bull0120

bull0120 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha I'll just find my cleanest dirty shirt. They'll smell like smoke at the end of the day anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  11. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's not NEARLY as bad as it used to be! For many years I would actually tie shut the dirty laundry bag so my suitcase would not reek. When I got home I would be tempted to hold my nose when I sorted it out and dumped it in the washer.

One thing I used to REALLY hate back when smoking was cool was waking up with my hair smelling like smoke! I used to try to psych myself into thinking that if my hair smelled bad, I must have had fun.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. bull0120

bull0120 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sadly, they smell that way because of me. I kicked the habit years ago, but always end up burning a pack while I'm in Vegas. Luckily, the habit doesn't follow me back home.

• Like Like x 1
  13. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha, I did that back when I was always traveling standby.

There are places that will pick up and deliver. I've never used them for straight-up laundry, but I regularly use Everkleen for my dry cleaning and dress shirts.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another little laundry trick. Since we hate to iron, I often just pick out clothes that are washed but not ironed to take on trip. Then iron them in the room.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Mider999

Mider999 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They told me they charge 12 a shirt, pretty damn absurd

It be cheaper to get someone to pick it up

16. Mider999

Mider999 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you

I thought 12 for a shirt was absurd from Bellagio, bad enough they charge 500 in fees

17. Bubblehead

Bubblehead Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I noted Vdara rooms with washers and dryers. If I had an extended vegas stay I might double book 1 day (comp) in middle of trip to go there to have a nice space to get it done for the price of a days resort fee and Uber.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. El Jugador

El Jugador Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Bubblehead wins the "Best Idea of the Day " award.

• Like Like x 2
  19. trebis

trebis Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love to go to the laundromats, when I'm in the USA. You can find real pearls among them. Sometimes equipped with ancient pinball machines and really antique video games. And the washing powder dispensers! And the washing powder packages itself! Massage chairs!
    It's like a fallback into the 80's ...
    LOVE IT!
    And: You can meet an interesting range of people there and take an intimate look into the us american society.
    LOVE IT!²

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not long ago someone on the board mentioned an affordable place that would pick-up and drop-off laundry. Now I can't find the post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.