1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

EDC Postponed to Oct. (Was:EDC and Clubs)

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by lasvegas_limo_driver, Mar 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got off the phone with one of the higher ups at EDC and the county has approved them to be at 75% capacity for each night. So that would put them at 125,000 people or so. They have till April 9th to decide on the matter, but was told that most of the staff is back at the office working.

Numerous nightclubs will be bringing back big name DJ's as early as Memorial Day weekend.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 2
    • Wow! Wow! x 2
  2. Madlaw

Madlaw Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the update.

I know Pasquale said things are still a go for May recently, and this news would be consistent with that. Despite this, I wonder if the international travel restrictions, difficulty in booking talent and the (likely) chance of poor public perception will ultimately lead to it getting pushed. With the pace of vaccinations and local control slated to start May 1, there's still a fighting chance, so I guess we'll see.

3. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

This could be huge! And, those of us who prefer smaller crowds, will come to Vegas during the weekday vs the weekends. Thereby allowing everyone to win

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. vegasvstr

vegasvstr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    https://www.fox5vegas.com/news/edc-safety-plan-submitted-decision-on-may-festival-expected-by-april/article_4f80a0ba-8dfa-11eb-bd09-13502b7a7b8d.html?block_id=994400

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tickets sold out last year, so cutting them back will be the challenge. International travel will have no affect on EDC.

6. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If they go forward, I expect it will be absolutely jam packed that weekend. The EDC demographic isn’t exactly concerned about the pandemic.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. vegasvstr

vegasvstr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If they have it I hope they follow whatever rules they have setup. There will likely be a lot of eyes on whatever the first bigger event is.

Not an event that would normally lend itself to social distancing. Curious if or how they plan to prevent mass crowds.

8. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My guess: there will be a lot of lip service paid to rules, masks, and social distancing, which will be completely disregarded the instant the event starts.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Sfgiants13

Sfgiants13 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's cutting it pretty close. Vaccines will be widely available fairly soon but since EDC is a younger crowd a lot of them may not even have been able to get one should they desire. If it were a few months later I'd say have at it because at that point it becomes a choice and risk tolerance situation.

Either way it's nice to see larger events at least in the planning stages again. I'm not one for clubs or anything but it's one step closer to Vegas being Vegas.

10. LVRaiders

LVRaiders Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    EDC and Memorial Day Weekend will be the true test on whether mass gatherings will cause bigger virus problems this summer.

Hoping for Pool Weather
    Trying out Vdara
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    May 21, 22, 23 June 4,5,6 for EDC

12. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All I know is that I will not be leaving my condo those weekends.
    At the risk of veering into Covid speculation (@Sonya, I will not be remotely offended if you smack this down!), I agree with this. Nevada is going to have vaccines nominally available to all adults starting Monday, but the supply is unclear, and even if you get it on day one, it's another 2-3 weeks for the second dose, then another two weeks for it to be fully effective. And that's assuming you can get it on day one.
    I sort of see what you're saying here, but I can just say anecdotally that I have quite a few friends in the EDC demographic, and most of them are definitely concerned, to the point where I've had several friends tell me that after going to EDC consistently for years, they're sitting this one out if it's in May.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. ama

ama Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    how are things looking now ? are they still going to do it with %75 capacity?

I keep hearing its getting postponed till October :(

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2021
  14. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I dont know but i can assure you we have deposits from insomniac for those 2 weekends, County, state and city approved 100%. They have a team that he hired to come in and setup sections and has to be submitted for final approval which should be announced by friday

15. ama

ama Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    what does that mean? what deposits?

16. Basil

Basil VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Such complexities but if held, I think videos of the event will make the March madness Circa pool video tame by any comparison. It will also be a good barometer to official response for future events in what is left (allegedly) to the pandemic.

18. BreakEven

BreakEven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  19. SunshineSlayer

SunshineSlayer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah Insomniac said they are going forward, yet the plan was rejected at the state level. How can they even go forward? 90 percent of the Twitter comments from festival goers are negative and demanding refunds.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's complicated and in flux. Nothing will be finalized until later this month, if at all.

I love that their PR machine is working overtime to get out the message that it is definitely happening. Sounds like they are trying to scale back their plan to make it work with the capacity limits.

So, first their plan was rejected and then they said it was still happening, alluding to counties taking over mitigation on May 1st as their reason for optimism:

https://www.8newsnow.com/news/edc-announcement-expected-today-festival-job-openings-posted-by-live-nation/

Then right after that, LVRJ came out with a PR piece about how it is "definitely happening".

https://www.reviewjournal.com/entertainment/music/edc-to-take-place-in-may-with-new-safety-measures-2325195/

Then they go on to talk about their safety plan that got rejected by the state:
    The issue seems to be with the 180-200,000 people, not the safety measures.

It sounds like they are determined to try to make it happen, but we'll have to wait a few more weeks to see if they can get a plan approved. IMO, waiting for some magical lifting of all restrictions on May 1st is not an effective plan. But maybe I'm wrong. It has happened before. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.