1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wicked Spoon reopening March 25

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by KnowItAll, Mar 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrScorpio

DrScorpio Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They finally allowed reservations past the March 25th date. Just made a reservation for April 3rd.

Last year when Wicked Spoon had both reservations and walk-in guests, you definitely wanted to make reservations. Right now with 35% capacity it may be rough waiting in the regular line.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe Stand Up to Jewish Hate!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But not much further out. I tried making a reservation later in April.... no go.

3. Boogaloo

Boogaloo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Huzzah!

All-you-can-eat is part of the Vegas experience as far as I'm concerned, so I'm glad the only option on The Strip isn't a brunch-type deal where you order off the menu anymore (like what they do at the Border Grill at Mandalay Bay or La Cave at Wynn, though I do like both as well).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. GeorgeJ.

GeorgeJ. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would love to be able to go to a buffet again for breakfast in Vegas, but no way I'm going to spend $38 for breakfast at the Wicked Spoon. Are the omlettes going to be 10X better than what the omlette guy at Aliante used to turn out (where breakfast was something like $6.99 with slot club member discount) ? Probably not. I like breakfast buffets so I can eat a lot of protein; omlette, bacon, ham, sausage. And the Aliante buffet was great for that. But $38 for a breakfast buffet? Not gonna happen.
    I will be going to Jackson's Bar & Grill for the $16.99 16-oz ribeye and eggs breakfast at least once per trip. That is an awesome breakfast for the price and I expect better than a $38 buffet at Wicked Spoon. IS there something I'm missing with the Wicked Spoon buffet? Do they have prime rib during the breakfast hours or something?
    Back when it was still the Las Vegas Hilton, breakfast at the buffet was free if you were a Gold or Diamond HHonors member and you got to use the VIP line to get in. On the weekend, they gave you the buffet brunch for free. And they did have prime rib at that. That was amazing considering I got it free...

5. Basil

Basil VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're comparing places off strip to on strip prices. Totally get that you object to the price, but from what I can tell they are offering most, if not all, of their dinner menu items as part of this, including crab legs, roasted meats, etc. Are you getting a good deal if you're just looking for an omelette? Probably not. You could go to a Golden Corral and get a brunch buffet for a lot less (okay, to be fair I don't know if GC actually does brunch, but hope you get my point). For a high end brunch buffet on the strip? This price is in line. Doesn't mean it's for everyone, but it's not like they're completely out of whack with what other high end buffets were charging for their brunches previously (Wynn was $32, Bacchanal was $45).

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. MCann

MCann I can't complain, but sometimes I still do...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree with all this. We brunched there at thanksgiving and there was AYCE steak and seafood and most of their normal dinner menu in addition to breakfast. Also, Wicked Spoon, in my opinion, specializes in 'weird for the sake of weird' such that their versions of things are very non-authentic but interesting and good for the most part. It's not $38 for an omelette; its $38 for an experience having all manner of things you wont find elsewhere, plus, if you're in to it, steak and or seafood.

Also, you'll find a large population of the posters on VMB are at sterling or above tiers at Cosmo which makes Wixked Spoon BOGO, so for me it's not $38 for breakfast; it's $38 for breakfast for two, and $19 per person for all you can eat higher end food is a pretty damn good deal and competitive even with a lot of off strip joints when you compare offerings.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. vegasvstr

vegasvstr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    (edit) Some menu differences now.
    Definitely was busier after 11 back in November, they had single pricing all day then.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
  8. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed completely. I personally do not find buffets to be worth it -- I just don't eat that much anymore, and I get full off a bacon-and-egg-on-English-muffin sandwich that I make at home. If you're just going to get scrambled eggs, then a buffet like Wicked Spoon isn't the right move, but they have some pretty amazing and non-traditional dishes that are worth the price of admission.

• Like Like x 1
  9. GeorgeJ.

GeorgeJ. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, that makes a difference...if they are offering dinner items (such as steak and other normal dinner items) during the breakfast hours, then I would pay $38 for breakfast. The website does not say a thing about what is on the menu...Has anyone been to breakfast at the Wicked Spoon since they've reopened and can give us an idea of what's on the menu?

I'm still on East Coast time when I'm in Vegas so I'm ready for any usual lunch or dinner items at 8AM Pacific time when they open for breakfast...

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. vegasvstr

vegasvstr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    (edit) See the WS page for current menus
    https://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/restaurants/wicked-spoon

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. B T

B T ‍♂️

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This answer was somewhere in the forum but can't find it. Cosmo is taking reservations and are requiring to prepay at time of reservation. Can I pay with comps, use my BOGO and get my balance refunded in person when checking into my buffet reservation?

12. MCann

MCann I can't complain, but sometimes I still do...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The answer to that before their temporary shutdown was yes on the BOGO at least, not sure about paying with identity points. But as far as the BOGO, I was told make the reservation, pay full price in advance, then on the day of, stop at identity desk and have the BOGO loaded on your card prior to your meal, then tell cashier you have a BOGO and they will refund the one prepaid meal.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Horseplayer1

Horseplayer1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is also what we were told, we have a reservation for 10 am on Thursday.

14. B T

B T ‍♂️

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did they say anything about using credit or identity points?

15. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe Stand Up to Jewish Hate!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm happy Wicked Spoon is reopening. I really like it, will definitely patronize. But the more I think about it, I'm equally eager for Cosmo's neighbor to get jealous.... try to keep up with the Cosmo-Joneses.... and open Aria Buffet

That would make me really happy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Horseplayer1

Horseplayer1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't ask, but I will when I go, and will post. I have a food/beverage credit I'd like to use for the 2nd person, don't know if you can combine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. B T

B T ‍♂️

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! I'm in a similar situation so if you're able to apply food credit then this would help me lower the price of the buffet lol

18. OMD_Fan

OMD_Fan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have booked a reservation for next month last night. I am looking foward to going. I did the Wynn Buffet and loved it last year with the new concept.

19. MFreezer85

MFreezer85 Tourist

Well I believe WickedSpoon still offers great value, especially if your are identity gold or up. In that case you pay half doing it solo or 39 for two but even going there on full fare it is still amazing I mean we are talking one of the high end strip properties. Just look at these admittedly high prices anywhere and you can easily eat your money’s worth at a buffet and more, much more in fact...
    If you compare it to some off strip super deals ok;-) but let’s just stay on the strip and in between the top tier hotels.
    In my case let’s start to add things up with prices at „Henry“ or from room service for my „usual“ Vegas breakfast extravaganza. Starting with drinks alone say 2 glasses of juice usually orange and since we at a buffet a smoothie or whatever plus some green tea - ain’t much of a coffee guy- we are at 8$ per item already, hey even at Starbucks or the like you pay easily between 6-8$ for each of these drinks, so 4 drinks alone can total 32 bucks already, let’s see in how far we go;-)
    Now eggs and meats: One decent omelet or egg dish with with a couple of ingredients, in my case at the buffet 3 cheese and ham plus bacon, mhhh;-) plus sides of bacon and prime rib, sausage and whatever other meats are available would easily exceed 50$ anywhere, I mean we are looking at prices like 20+ dollars for any basic egg dish and 9$ for a side of bacon alone and I love me some huge amount of nice crispy bacon ;-) If I eat 8 pieces eg 4 sides of it I am already at the buffet price...
    Now some add ons you just wanna try, at Wicked Spoon the fried chicken or the small pasta stuff or the duck wings come to mind, then the dessert danger zone, I mean get 5 scoops of ice cream plus your molten chocolate cake and some other stuff you can at Vegas strip pricing again eat 50$ in sweets;-))

So all in all I would say if you can or want to really feast and are not on a diet or wherever, you will easily exceed 100$ in total food cost compared to other strip locations - which imho is incredible value for money plus the quality at Wicked Spoon always has been too notch! Don’t think they gonna let that slide?

Just on my last visit I did some room service breakfast to enjoy on the terrace and to burn off some last resort credit: the American breakfast plus the Belgian waffle alone came to about 85$ all in , I mean WTF? but these days these are the prices. I believe many people don’t really keep track of all the „small“ incidental they pay along a day in Vegas, especially with contactless cards or Apple Pay but these can add up pretty easily..

So I am all for the 19$ gold identity indulgence when I return!!! Sadly just missed the reopening by a couple days.....

20. Mider999

Mider999 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.