1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Favorite Airline when flying to Vegas?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by LVRaiders, Mar 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We look forward to access to AZ!

2. john1516inny

john1516inny High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    jetblue , love the extra space seats coming from NY-JFK. For some reason crazy expensive now in April and May.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. jimboguy

jimboguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The flight to Vegas from where I live is only an hour, so the best airline for me is the one that offers inexpensive airfare and doesn't have flight delays. Delta, Southwest, and Frontier are the three airlines that fly from here to Vegas (and back). All of them are fine for an hour flight.

4. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe Stand Up to Jewish Hate!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Alaska... but that means SFO for me. OAK much more convenient... so most on SWA. Pre-covid, SWA was much more $$$ - it was worth the drive to save money and pre-select seat Alaska.

Wont fly united.... they must have reconfigured short haul 737s in collaboration with Orthopedic surgeons..... pitch designed to wreck passengers' knees.

Determined to do JSX. But whenever I try, its 4X or 5X others' price

1:08 hours in air from SF Bay Area. So service factor in perspective.... not much they can do to make for exceptional service.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  5. AlwaysUpForFun

AlwaysUpForFun VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm another who flies out of MDW, it's always SWA. I have never had a bad flight with them and plenty of nonstops to choose from.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. thegov2k2

thegov2k2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    JetBlue for me, then the others are all tied for last.

• Like Like x 2
  7. drac999

drac999 Loving Life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always fly Delta, as it's my home airline. However, based on @Flowers comments, I sure wish I could fly Jet Blue Mint!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Lulu4545

Lulu4545 Super Jeans

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hawaiian Air! LOL
    They're the only airlines that offers non-stop flights from Honolulu so they got the edge. Their service is really good though, always on time & friendly desk & flight attendants. Cannot complain :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. VegasKStateCat

VegasKStateCat High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Southwest for the convenience.

definitely not flying Allegiant again.

10. Headache 21

Headache 21 i don't wanna grow up, i'm a toys'r'us kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    when i lived in NY it was Delta hands down. it was the only flight i ever took.

there aren't any direct flights on Delta to and from the DC area, which sucks - so i've been jumping around a bit.

there's only one direct flight from DCA to Vegas - American Airlines at 8:30 in the morning. I took it last time and it was fine. IAD has a couple of United and Frontier flights. BWI has the most options - with Spirit and Southwest both going a few times a day.

My one early morning Spirit flight was surprisingly not bad - in the big front seat, at least.

In May I'll be flying out on Southwest from BWI and taking Delta home to DCA (connecting through MSP) since I had some Delta points just burning a hole in my virtual wallet.

Have two family trips coming up on American out of DCA that should put me in range to get my next flight to Vegas on points. Not that I think of these things when making purchases for family flights or anything... :whistle:

11. GabrielBFly

GabrielBFly Vegas Aficionado

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually fly Allegiant as there are usually $3-$30 flights (yes $3) and thats because I always have a coupon code for $20 each way and they just introduced us to Frontier Airlines too. Other than that the standard SWA is an option but their prices seem to be increasing more and more.

The Celebration of Mimi
    • Wow! Wow! x 2
  12. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SWA, mainly based on price.

13. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jet Blue.

14. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's because they cut the schedule back so much for various reasons during April and May. I'm a HUGE Jet Blue fan as well.

15. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Southwest. Frequent nonstops daily and if there are issues many options to rebook.

Frontier and Allegiant also have NS service, but not as frequent and if there are issues with your flight on those airlines, you are SOL. I would take a connecting flight on Untied or American before a NS on either of those two.

16. mofo99

mofo99 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Alaska. We live in-between two airports that have direct to LAS. Flying out of the new airport at PAE is an amazing and very chill experience. And the seating is 2x2 so get the whole row with just the Wife and I. Alaska out of SEA is great too, if I'm going first class I will fly out of there for the Lounges. Never had a late or a significantly delayed flight.

17. FloridaGirl

FloridaGirl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Southwest!

• Like Like x 1
  18. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Ultra Low Cost Airlines like Spirit, Frontier, and Allegiant have challenged the legacy airlines in a race to the bottom. In response, American and United now have these bare bones fares. In Philly, Southwest dropped its non stop to Vegas. I don’t fly very much anyway.

A couple years ago I flew to Vegas on Spirit in the “Big Seat” and my “walk out the door” fare was cheaper than AA with all things being equal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    American. Non-stops from PHL and I can still use my 'miles' when I travel the other direction to Europe.

20. FABismonte

FABismonte Tell my wife I am "about even."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I concur with @DaiLun for using Southwest. Additionally, my wife is my "Companion" on SWA and so flies for free when we are together. Also, SW get us collectively $100 in MP at The D when I show a boarding pass within a day of arriving.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.