1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bellagio Pool - Practical Question

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Kirk Sheppard, Mar 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kirk Sheppard

Kirk Sheppard Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I'm headed to Bellagio on Weds. Thought about getting a reserved seat for Thursday. But then wondered... what do I do with my stuff if I'm in the water? I'm traveling solo and would have my phone or at the very least my room key and ID with me. Is it safe? What do you do with YOUR stuff while at the pool?

2. AlwaysUpForFun

AlwaysUpForFun VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You won't need an ID at the pool, room key is good enough. You can room charge drinks and stuff to your room without an ID. I leave ID in the safe of our room.

If you reserve a lounge it should be pool side where you can keep an eye on it from the pool. I usually just cover anything like ID or phone that I have with me either with a towel or whatever cover up I wear to the pool. I have had zero issues.

Enjoy your pool time. It's a beautiful pool area.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. tigers4life

tigers4life Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are a few products on the market that you can use. They are not anywhere near foolproof. Basically, you attach the cut-resistant cord to your chair in a way it can not be slipped off. Put your stuff in the bag and lock it. I travel mostly solo and also use them in hotel rooms when there is no safe as well as poolside and other places I want a quick lockbox. Again these are more deterrents and the one downside is they can draw attention. I usually loop in through the chair and then cover it with a towel
    I did a quick search and here are a few
    https://www.tripsavvy.com/best-beach-lock-boxes-4044047

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. duceiswild

duceiswild Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It looks like it is only in the mid to low 70s for the next week, which is warm for those of us coming from a frozen tundra, but not exactly pool weather for Vegas. I wouldn’t expect the pool to be crowded, so wouldn’t think that you need to spend money on a reserved seat. I’ve never had a problem getting a chair at Bellagio, especially mid week.

regarding keeping your stuff safe, I don’t think the reserved chair is the ticket for that, as they don’t offer any more protection than non reserved unless you get a cabana that has a safe (some pools have safes in their daybeds, not sure about Bellagio). Agree with others, just take room key and maybe a credit card and phone. We always put our sandals under our chair, place phone/key/card on that, cover with the shirt, and never had an issue. We always just keep our chair within eye shot while in the pool.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep a close eye on your stuff. My friends had their cabana ransacked at Aria!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2021
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  6. Hyperfocal

Hyperfocal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Leave the phone in the room. ID and room key are waterproof, but the swim trunks I have have a little area for ID in a plastic zip pouch. If I take anything electronic, it's just a cheap Kindle.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mycatspot

Mycatspot I drink my breakfast and play in my PJ's.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I typically stay at Delano and hit up their beach club which is kind of an enclosed area within Mandalay's Beach area. I'll bring a backpack with usually an ID, room key, and my iPhone (and other stuff like a magazine, water bottle, etc.). If I go into the water, I throw my bag underneath my chair and keep an eye on my stuff from the pool. It's not a big area, so staying close is fairly easy.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dante

Dante Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Take a diaper with you and wrap up that stuff in it. No one is snatching a dirty diaper.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Vegasking997

Vegasking997 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually grab a towel and park on the edge of the pool and keep all my stuff in it. Make sure you keep an eye on it at all times.

11. daveg000

daveg000 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't believe they don't have lockers that they can overcharge you for.

15 NIGHTS, 16 DAYS, May 8-23, MGM PK, GOLDN NUGGET, TIMESH, MANDALAY
    15 NIGHTS, 16 DAYS, May 8-23, MGM PK, GOLDN NUGGET, TIMESH, MANDALAY
  12. SprintGravy

SprintGravy Gravy Train Conductor

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Almost no place in Vegas does or I haven't seen them. MGM Grand did at one time but they are tucked away in a corner if I recall and I haven't been to that pool in a while

13. wagon b0y

wagon b0y High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always just put my phone, room key, id, cash in pocket. MY Boardshorts have a zipper pocket. Let it get wet. If you have a phone model that is within the past few years, you can take them underwater. Never had a problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.