1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

HDMI connectivity at CET hotels

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by sinnerman, Feb 28, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sinnerman

sinnerman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello,

Does anyone know if Bally's allows you to hook up your laptop to the monitor with a HDMI cable? Does their TV remote have the 'input' option or is there some way to switch that if I can get the HDMI connected? Are there any particular rooms that have them?

If not Bally, are there any CET hotels in LV that have that option? And if so, in which hotels / rooms in particular?

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Delano has a connection to the sitting room TV.
    upload_2021-2-28_8-38-27.png

I then realized that you were asking about CET hotels. Sorry. I've been staying at mLife and "other" hotels this year.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've done it at PH. They have LG models. There was an input button on the remote and I believe there's a little toggle rocker button underneath the logo at the bottom of the frame that will also bring up the input menu.

The trick is whether you can easily access the HDMI input jack on the TV. In a Resort Room at PH, the TV is mounted freestanding on a piece of furniture, so it was easy. In a regular Hip room it's mounted on the wall. I can't remember how recessed from the side the jack is located - that can be a problem when the TV is mounted on the wall and the mount doesn't have any give to pull it away. I don't think I ever tried it in a Hip room but I can't remember if it was because I couldn't get to the jack or because I just didn't bother.

Bally's has the same model of TV, so as long as you can get at the jack, you should be good. I've only stayed there once and I didn't try it, again can't remember if it was because I thought it was futile or just didn't bother looking.

Maybe watch vids of Resort rooms at PH, you'll have a longshot at seeing how recessed the jacks are and draw a conclusion whether you'd be able to get to it on a wall-mounted TV.

ETA: There was a thread on this last year, unfortunately nobody had a definitive answer for the wall-mounted type.

https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/index.php?threads/hdmi-ports-on-cet-tvs.174707/

I can say though that if it's critical enough, a Resort Room at PH is your best bet, because I 100% was able to do it there the last time I stayed there.

4. Vegaswanderer

Vegaswanderer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed in a Ballys Jubilee room two times last year and both times I was able to access the HDMI on the back of the wall-mounted LG TV to hook up my laptop to it. Then I was able to hit the function button (which I think was at the bottom of the remote) to then select the correct HDMI input.

I have also been able to do the same thing at the LV Flamingo in both a GO room and a Flamingo room.

It took some effort and several minutes the first time to reach up behind the TV to access the HDMI jack and get the cable into it, and it might be especially difficult if you are not very coordinated with your hands for some reason. But since I was staying for at least a week all 4 times, it was well worth the effort.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In the past, hotels blocked access to the input switch. That seems to have changed significantly due to tablets, phones and computers wanting to hook up.

The one issue is till physical access to the port. Some TVs are mounted to the wall and hard to get back there. I have found if there is a side port I can carefully wiggle and push the cable in. Sometimes I take a picture of where I can not see well, and then go from there. Also allows you to READ which port number it is.

We always travel with download shows. (prime/netflix/hbomax) on our ipad and watch them on the road.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jimgotkp

Jimgotkp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had no issues hooking my HDMI cable to the TVs at Bally's and CP.

• Like Like x 1
  7. LuckyDuckyDan

LuckyDuckyDan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same at CP's Augustus room. Was a little bit of a reach, but not an issue for me.

8. sinnerman

sinnerman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its still useful information if I decide to stay at Delano in the future.

I am the same way, especially since these days streaming has so many excellent choices, as opposed to watching Law and Order SVU for the 1000th time, which for some reason always seems to be on when I flip through channels in Vegas.

Allowing HDMI access is such a customer friendly thing to do, I wish all hotels would do it.

9. sinnerman

sinnerman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only issue is that PH is still not open 7 days a week I think. and since I don't want to switch hotels, I am down to Paris, Bally's or Caesars.

Thanks a lot for the info. I will grab the Jubilee room. I can usually reach the HDMI port on most TV's but I wanted to make sure there is a way to change the input.

10. B T

B T ‍♂️

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @sinnerman seems you have your answer but just wanted to share my experience since I always use hdmi ports and stayed at vast amounts of properties in Vegas.

I have experience in the subject because I always look for ways to set up my hdmi to the tv's, mostly at CET properties. Many newer remodeled rooms have a flat mount so sometimes not much wiggle room to hook up the hdmi but it is still possible with a little work. CET does not block the "Input" option on their tv's to allow access to the hdmi channel.

I have done this many times at Bally's. I would first locate the hdmi port and get a picture in your head where it is located and then simply slip your hand behind the tv and use your memory to access the hdmi port. Some flat mounted tv's have more wiggle room for your hand then others but I have always had success at all CET properties.

• Love Love x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.