1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What are the bars like now?

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by user3657, Feb 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. user3657

user3657 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are the bars opened again?

2. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think they've been open, just limited to 25% capacity.

3. comfortablynumb

comfortablynumb Dogs have owners, cats have staff

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They're rather boring at the moment, IMO. I've been to the bar at Pizza Rock and Center Bar at Mirage a couple weeks ago and there was never anybody there.

4. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't say that every bar is open every day, but plenty of them are.

5. user3657

user3657 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    what is it like though? Here in NJ you cant even sit at the "bar", you have to sit at tables. I am assuming in vegas the actual bar is opened but its every other seat?

6. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Honestly, that's kind of a difficult question to answer categorically. There's no across-the-board rule, but you can generally sit at the bar. Some places have every other seat blocked off, others are fully open but with plexi dividers. The main thing I've encountered is that you have to be seated to be served a drink; you can't just walk in and get something to go. At Aria, for example, I wanted to get a drink for my friend to bring back to our room, and the bartender (who, full disclosure, I'm good friends with, so I may have gotten a little extra leeway), just told me to sit down, he poured her drink, and we were on our way.

7. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also, I'm talking about "bar" bars, not restaurant bars. For those you need a reservation, but OpenTable/7Rooms sometimes has issues reserving for solos, so you have to call. But you can't just walk in and post up at a barstool.

8. user3657

user3657 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got it. Im talking about bars bars also. I just wanna have some fun and I dont really gamble. so restaurant bars need reservations? thats nice to know because i sometimes like to eat at them.

9. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes. You basically cannot go into a restaurant without a reservation of some kind. I don't know this for sure, but I think it's a way to control capacity without relying on the staff keeping track of who comes and goes. It doesn't have to necessarily be a far-in-advance reservation, I've made them same day, if not within a half-hour or so. Just don't rely on the online systems, which are inexplicably still broken. But again, no categorical answer, so your best bet is to call if you have particular places in mind..

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. jpfromla

jpfromla RFB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At the Orleans they have a section of the bar blocked and social distanced so that you can order a drink and go. I think I saw this at the Linq too.

11. david giusti

david giusti Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How is Carnaval Court? Are they allowed Live music?

12. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Downtown.
    At the Cal the sports book bar has every machine on with a divider between them. The Holo Bar has every other machine off.

At Four Queens, the bar at the entrance has ever machine on with the dividers. I've seen the dividers removed between couples.

Golden Nugget. At the the non-VP bar in Chart House to eat. Limited seating.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. MCann

MCann I can't complain, but sometimes I still do...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most are open and most that are open on the strip have some varying degree of reservations required (required by local govt if they serve food for sure). Even Chandelier bar at Cosmo required reservations on our last 2 trips, but at most places, that involves scanning a QR code to get on a list / reservation for 10 or 15 minutes later. Almost every place has some sort of limitations on seating at the actual bar for distancing. For example, when we went to vanderpump, they had just 2 or 3 sets of chairs at the bar so a party of up to 4 could sit together at the bar but only one party on each end of the bar and no chairs and no service at the rest of the actual bar.

Bars with gaming mostly had either every 2nd or 3rd spot available, and chairs removed and or machines disabled 1 or 2 spots in between. A few places have plexiglass dividers and every seat open. Bars without gaming and food are spaced out and pretty dead most of the time but several are open.

I did not see anything going on at Carnival Court but I think I only went by at night once. The whole seating area amphitheatre thing there has been roped off every time I've been by. There is some really limited entertainment at some bars some nights like I think last time I noticed Harrahs piano bar still had a dueling piano thing but only for a couple hours once or twice a week and really limited capacity. And you may see a random guitar or piano player here and there, but remember they are limited to 50 people or fewer for 'entertainment' so anywhere doing this is using some loophole or another. I know when I went back to RiRa and the Guniess store the night after we ate there at Christmas, they did have a sign up advertising live music that night, and the Guiness store still had drinks to go, but I think RiRa only gets away with that because they're really small venue and it's just considered food with someone singing vs a bar with live 'entertainment' or whatever. I've seen pianist at Petrossian every time I've gone by as well, but there is not the live cover bands playing everywhere every night like in the before times.

14. NickyDim

NickyDim Hockey is life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My local taverns are open and operating as normal (25% wink wink). They take your name when you arrive if you are eating at a table and write it in a book and call it a reservation. At the bar it's open seating without reservations. And if you know which bars you'll even get live entertainment between periods of the VGK games or weekend live entertainment. Just have to know where to look in this town, it's not in the tourist trap areas. As Jerry Garcia use to sing "Don't tell me this town ain't got no heart. You just gotta poke around."

• Like Like x 1
  15. bull0120

bull0120 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha when I saw this just started tapping my feet along to the song and let out a "Woooooo" at the appropriate parts. Thanks!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Headache 21

Headache 21 i don't wanna grow up, i'm a toys'r'us kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    do you need to wear your mask if you're seated at the bar with a drink? guessing it's a place by place thing, but wanted to see what everyone's experiences have been.

17. comfortablynumb

comfortablynumb Dogs have owners, cats have staff

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have to raise the mask back up in between every drink. I found that out at The Mirage a few weeks ago.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  18. COnative

COnative Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were there about a month ago. Cosmo no mask while seated at bar and every other machine turned off. Bellagio no mask while seated at bar and they have plexiglass in between each machine. PH mask at all times and plexiglass in between each machine. So yes different at each place. LOL

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enforcement varies a bit, but I can tell you that the vast majority of people are wearing a mask when not actively drinking or eating. They'll pull it down but then put it back up without being prompted. It's just the norm these days.

20. Headache 21

Headache 21 i don't wanna grow up, i'm a toys'r'us kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Or course - it is here as well. But bars aren't even allowed to have people sitting at them where I live so I was just curious if they kept the same "you can take it off once you're served" deal or if you have to put it back on after every sip because of the bartender.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.