1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mlife offer expiring 1/31

Discussion in 'Comps' started by MattyVegas, Jan 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • FP went from $100 to $200 at all properties
    • RC went from $50 to $100 at Aria, Vdara & Bellagio, stayed at $100 at the rest
    • Can now get 4 nights at A/V/B instead of 3
    • Still have to pay resort Fees for all nights at A/V/B, only for paid nights at the rest (no change)
    • The selection of room types different properties will show me is inconsistent. I haven't figured out the pattern yet.
    • If the improvement in my offers isn't just a seasonal thing, I think it may be because my October trip is getting factored in, where I played at my normal level after underplaying by about 20% on the last 3 previous MLife stays.

I canceled and rebooked my May reservation for a Skyview at MB because the retail price hadn't gone up much, so I was able to still get that room and get the boost in FP.

I booked a reservation a couple of months ago at Vdara for a Corner Fountain View for August and I'm not touching that one because based on the current retail prices, even if they start letting me book the room, I don't think I'll be able to get 4 nights comped and it'll end up being a worse deal even with $150 of extra throw-ins. May revisit in a couple of days to see if anything changes as far as what room types they'll let me book.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting how Mlife's algorithm splits FP/RC.
    Your offer with $200 FP, get $100 RC.
    My offer is $100 FP, also get $100 RC. When I got $50 FP last round, also got $100 RC.

• Like Like x 1
  3. cjcjcj

cjcjcj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    offer stayed the same
    325 freeplay
    100 to 350 resort credit across properties
    suites everywhere no resort fees

Gonna burn em in 4 weeks...AGAIN!

4. WishMeLuck89

WishMeLuck89 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My offer stayed the same despite a massive massive coin in day in January. Maybe it hasn’t factored into their algorithm yet. Also my offers are the same across all properties all the way up to Aria Sky Suites. 600 FP 250 RC

5. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mine is much the same as this now. Whereas I was paying RFs and less FP/RC everywhere.

Just cancelled everything I have booked, as I was paying RFs on my summer/xmas rooms and going to spend the night working out what I want to do.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you booked something other than a base room, I hope you can still get the original room type comped. I found July and August prices jumped a lot since I originally booked, so I didn't rebook August because I can't get the same room type comped. I know you do long stays and (I think) typically pay for some nights, so getting out of resort fees may help make up the price diff if there is one.

7. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can get an Elite at MB for the same as the base room at Mirage, and more fp/rc so might stay there first.

Time to do some juggling :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. MCann

MCann I can't complain, but sometimes I still do...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Amen to that. Last month I had some sort of jr tower suites at Aria available comp some dates, and premier suites at Luxor, but nothing over 350 square feet at Excalibur (that one sort of makes sense because Excalibur, I assume, has few suites, but some of the others seem weirdly disproportionate) I can't get the Atelier room at Nomad or funky hot tub rooms at NYNY, but I got the Bellagio penthouse for thanksgiving and now have VDara penthouses comped and lofts under $100 a night, but skyview penthouse at Mandalay went away, and dont see the tower premiere at Luxor any more in the 3 or 4 random dates I checked.

Here is a nice young lady explaining the algorithm used to determine which rooms are available:
    images (6).jpeg

• Funny Funny x 4
  9. EzE

EzE VUP Guppy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think its far simpler than that:

Room Picking Algorithm

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. 20hof

20hof Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After booking an offer on the 31st that included 200 fp and 200rc, I was pleasantly surprised today to find the new offer being 250fp and 300 rc. Called and made the switch to the new offer right away

• Like Like x 1
  11. MCann

MCann I can't complain, but sometimes I still do...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Chuck2009x - especially thinking of you here and your VDara situation, but I had the Luxor 2BR Premier booked way back before I had much real play history for this coming April. I was going to cancel it because it had resort fees and all paid nights with just a discount and 25/50 in credits which is horrible compared to my current offers, but that room type has never showed up in 2br form in my comps online. I just called Luxor earlier this evening, followed the prompts to MLife VIP services, and told them hey I was going to cancel this but wanted to see if it's possible for you to check with my current offers before I do and give you the chance to offer a better deal. He looked it up and came back with 1st 4 nights comp, resort fees waived, about $50/night lower rate than my original booking on paid nights, even though retail has gone up about 30 per night since I booked, then also raised my FP/RC to my current levels. My out the door total changed from over $1200 to just over $180, plus my credits were exponentially increased making it a net positive overall where my FP/RC are more than the total out the door cost of the room for the whole week. So rather than cancel online and and cross your fingers about what shows up, give the VIP line a call. I know a lot of people here do this regularly but I think thats the first time I even attempted with MLife and the end result was the same room on the same dates with well over $1,000 swing in my favor, on a room type that has never showed comp for me online.

• Like Like x 3
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  12. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It’s that time again. Looks like they are in the process of updating offers. Expiration date has been pushed out to 3/31/21.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.