1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Sight for sore eyes! COVID Vaccine!

Discussion in 'Coronavirus in Las Vegas' started by mescalita, Dec 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zoobrew

zoobrew VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. nancyf

nancyf VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got my 1st shot today - moderna..... didn't feel the shot at all.... but am very tired...might be the glass of wine I had for lunch after the shot although I came home and slept for 3 hours...and now at 8 PM I am going to bed.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. HOUtoLAS

HOUtoLAS High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got the first dose of Moderna vaccine last Friday, and that arm was sore the next day. Like someone stated before it was like you were “frogged” as we use to call it. It was stil a little sore the day after that too. Other than that, no issues.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Jer

Jer “The Walrus has spoken”

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So.... I think I jinxed myself. Around 1sh I started to feel a bit off. As the day progressed, felt weaker, achy all over, and a bit of dizziness at times. No fever, just feel like I have a really bad cold without the sniffles and sneezing. Working where I work, I have seen/heard all about the reactions to the second dose so I was waiting. It’s different for each person obviously so YMMV. Still glad I did it, and will just ride out the storm. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 10
  5. davehughes123

davehughes123 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got my 1st dose of Moderna this AM and the system that was setup was damn near flawless. Fortunately, it was done through a world-renowned Baltimore area hospital who also happens to be my employer. I was able to get my 2nd shot scheduled while I was sitting in the 15 minute observation/timeout area. Now, February 12th can't get here fast enough for me. Feeling fine with no arm soreness or tiredness.

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 1
  6. dr_cubs

dr_cubs Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Completed the Pfizer series last week and had a mildly sore arm for 1-2 days otherwise felt great. Had a colleague who developed a headache for one night. Otherwise everyone I have talked to has done well. FYI- I would have been equally fine getting either the Pfizer or the Moderna vaccine

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 2
  7. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My bad, astro Zeneca was pushing 65%. No word on J&J but the problem is that they had limited testing. They are now going through mass testing so we'll have to see what the effectiveness is in a few weeks. But sounds like they won't be able to mass produce their vaccine for a few months, maybe April. Again best to watch the news or read it on the net to find out when they will approve and roll out the vaccine and the effectiveness of the product.

I hope that the 100 million vaccines in the first 100 days works. I'm in 1c because I have diabetes so underlying conditions so hope I can get my shot in Feb or March at the latest. Looking at a vegas trip in April hopefully.

But hearing too much information and misinformation on reserves and availabilities so I just have to wait until it's my turn to get it.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Catzilla

Catzilla VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  9. vegasvstr

vegasvstr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They are about to start giving to non healthcare folks here and was excited my mom might get it soon. Feel like a balloon was popped.

Quote from the Oregon governor in that article.
    "Last night, I received disturbing news, confirmed to me directly by General Perna of Operation Warp Speed: States will not be receiving increased shipments of vaccines from the national stockpile next week, because there is no federal reserve of doses."

• Wow! Wow! x 3
  10. Catzilla

Catzilla VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I suppose if they had stockpiled it instead of sending out everything they had, fewer people would already be vaccinated, so the end result might be the same anyway. It's just disturbing to me that they're not doing the 80 and older here first.

11. rooster42000

rooster42000 Goat of all Goats , My Hero

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    • Wow! Wow! x 3
  12. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Texas has become the first state to reach 1 million vaccinations. Although the CDC stated that per capita we are not number one. But we are a big sprawling state with such a big population. My hospital that serves several different counties has received the go ahead to be a vaccination center. They have coordinated with Texas Tech University and several other entities to get it up and running. I would say be patient everyone. I think everyone is working as hard and as fast as they can. It is coming.

Our poor hospital operators are berated daily with callers - many angry-- asking when and where to get it.

• Like Like x 5
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  13. Basil

Basil VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My dad was able to get his first dose yesterday, and has the appointment for his second right before his 75th birthday. Big relief in my mind. I'm in the gen pop group, as is my family, but that's right, as we're low risk. It was my dad I was worried about.

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 1
  14. zoobrew

zoobrew VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Found out this today when my wife got her shingles vaccine.

Given the lack of data on the safety and efficacy of mRNA COVID-19 vaccines administered simultaneously with other vaccines, the vaccine series should routinely be administered alone, with a minimum interval of 14 days before or after administration with any other vaccine

15. davehughes123

davehughes123 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I received my first dose of the Moderna vaccine, they asked if I had any vaccinations within the last 14 days.

16. oghuman

oghuman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Though I qualify in NY no appointments are available anywhere I can get to within an hour +.

• Wow! Wow! x 2
  17. Dr Nostron

Dr Nostron VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Took my first Moderna dose Monday - had a serious sore arm for about 36 hours - that's it

• Like Like x 4
  18. vegasvstr

vegasvstr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The county health department here said they received just 3,900 doses this week. They said 200,000+ have registered to on their wait list.

19. bobby jones

bobby jones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Without getting political, all your dates sound wonderful to us up north here. If I get anything before the end of the year, I will be happy. You can research the google machine if you want to see our issues.

Perhaps a medical trip to Florida in the spring might be in order for me:)

20. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I avoided this thread until curiosity got the best of me and I wanted to see if the situation varied from state to state. Suffice it to say that it does. Far be it from me to disturb the sanctity of this board by making allusions to politics. I do observe that YMMV has acquired an extra meaning now compared to what one normally reads on a Vegas board. It is good to read a decent size sampling of experiences, especially because my wife is an allergy sufferer and often reacts more to vaccinations than my insensitive male body does.

Sonya's fellow Washingtonian, over 70, got an appointment the minute we were allowed to, scheduled for late February. After I scheduled my shot, Phase 1B was adjusted to include people over 65. I would have been happy to wait longer if grocery store workers and teachers had been placed ahead of me in the line, but they weren't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.