1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How Early Do You Start Packing for Vegas?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Flowers, Jan 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a few packing lists saved in Apple Notes (Vegas Trips, Business Trips, Business Conferences, etc.), so I'll tweak the list a bit depending on how many nights my trip is and then the day before I'll pack everything up. I'm the type of person that if I start something, I need to finish it at that time.

• Like Like x 2
  2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe a few hours before we leave, unless very early, then the night before - maybe.

We ONLY travel with carryon.

Never pack more than the day before.

• Like Like x 1
  3. bull0120

bull0120 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I pack my "liquid bags" two weeks before and place it on the kitchen counter so I have to walk by it every day before and after work..... Makes the Turkey gobble louder when I open the bag on the plane.

I usually leave after work, so I pack the night before so I can leave for the airport directly from work. My dog gets less upset that way.

• Like Like x 1
  4. HeatherC

HeatherC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is exactly how I am. :) I'll have a list of outfits that I want to bring. Items I don't want to forget. And then started gathering them about a week in advance. My husband is more of a night before the flight packer. Drives me nuts!

• Like Like x 3
  5. bull1029

bull1029 Mr. Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife always waits til the last possible minute. This stresses me out, which we've discussed many times.

Still, she continues. But since we haven't been since May 2019, I probably won't mind as much the next time.

• Like Like x 2
  6. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a list w/pictures added to a Google Drive folder w/my other planning documents probably like 3 or 4 months in advance. But the actual packing? Day before. If I'm lucky.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. AyDee

AyDee is getting too old for this

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At some point we realized our Vegas clothes need to meet very specific requirements (layer ability, lightness/pack ability, for me a shit ton of pockets),
    and at some point last year or before, just started washing it when we come home and repacking it immediately for the next run.

Sturdy clothes that fit, are comfortable, and work in Vegas, should be duped, and have backups out of the bag. Rotate the new dupes in for Vegas, JMHO

going to graduate from the backpack soon, but it was a good way to discourage overpacking,
    last trip had twice the shirts i needed because I always frantically throw stuff in last minute.

Shoes take a lot of space, but I don't think 1 pair is enough.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  8. AyDee

AyDee is getting too old for this

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't forget the old saying,
    take twice the money,
    and half the shit.

Still can't manage to live by that, I go by:
    better to have it and not need it,
    than need it and not have it.

• Agree Agree x 6
  9. Ten_On_The_End

Ten_On_The_End VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I pack the night before, takes about 15 minutes. From my "road warrior" days of business travel I learned to keep a toilet kit packed and ready at all times. I travel with a personal item sized bag. Pair of jeans, 3 polo shirts, couple other items. And moccasins, always. I'm creepy about being barefoot in hotel rooms. 6 packs of cheese peanut butter Lance crackers for emergency snacks when I forget to eat.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  10. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not too far in advance. If we were heading to Vegas at, say, noon today I'd be getting out a suitcase about now.

• Like Like x 2
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  11. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ALWAYS used to overpack for Las Vegas, well, for any destination, business or pleasure. Over the past 20 years or so I've gotten into the habit of packing lighter, just taking the stuff I will wear and need. Of course dressing, both business and everyday, has become far more casual over those years.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. claysp42

claysp42 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I take out my suitcase and start putting things into it exactly two weeks before my trip.

• Like Like x 4
  13. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I start packing a full 24 hours before the flight.

Then there’s the ‘oh shit’ moment...where I remember something that I forgot to pack....

• Like Like x 2
  14. Retrobabble

Retrobabble CVF #37500: Director of Fun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    About an hour before. (Traveled a lot.)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Raven888

Raven888 Watanabe wannabe

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I pack the night before. For me, it's not usually a complicated trip to pack for. Takes 10 or 15 minutes to pack 3-4 days worth of clothes and some toiletries and other odds and ends. Then the next morning I throw in the last minute stuff (e.g., cell phone), zip everything up, and head out the door.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess thankfully for us we always drive, so "overpacking" isn't a problem. We seldom try to ride in Vegas so the bikes don't join us, but the golf clubs always do. And we don't have to sweat whether a few extra clothing or whatever items went unused or were "excessive."

• Like Like x 3
  17. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Usually go for a month, so start packing on the Monday, and fly on the Friday.

• Like Like x 2
  18. eliza

eliza Creepy Vegas Friend

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I try to start at least an hour before I have to leave. But for an early morning flight, I’ll pack the night before.

Like other road warriors, I have a travel routine. When I get home - everything comes out of the bag. Toiletry kit gets replenished as needed and put right back in the suitcase. Location-specific items go in a particular place in my closet to pulled out for the next relevant trip.

I also try to take note of anything I took on the trip that I didn’t use - I’m always trying to slim down my mental packing list, but somehow there is always something that I didn’t end up needing that I brought along.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Calder

Calder VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ...or just go buy it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  20. csu

csu Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The night before a morning flight, or an hour before leaving for an afternoon/evening flight. I only go for 2-3 days at a time so I don't need much. I've even used just a backpack when making use of cheap Frontier/Spirit flights to avoid bag fees. As long as I have my ID, cash, and credit cards I can buy anything else that might be required in a pinch.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.