1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CVS/Walgreen Covid Test Turnaround?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Gaggles, Jan 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone had to get a quick Covid test in order to travel back home at CVS or Walgreen's?

Canucks need a negative test that is 72 hours or less now to get on a plane to go to the US and come home. So if I come down for Superbowl for three days, will that be enough time to get my test results back? Feels like a 5-6 pm arrival in Vegas on a Friday and 10 am departure on Monday is going to be cutting it a little close so I may have to stay until Tuesday?

Our rapid Covid test coming home from Vegas for NYE saw my result get to me in just under 30 hours through Alberta Health Services at the Calgary airport. But that is also part of a pilot program. My second Covid follow up test 5 days later took 4 days to get back to us.

So has anyone had a quick test at CVS or Walgreen's and how long did it take? I understand that I will have to pay for this.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Basil

Basil VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife had a rapid test at CVS and while quoted 15 minutes for a result, it actually took an hour. But still, much faster than what you're saying. This wasn't for travel purposes though (she was having symptoms, but fortunately negative). Not sure if there are limits to what type of test can be used for this?

Edit: this also wasn't in Vegas, but tests that fast are at CVS, don't see why Vegas wouldn't have them as well. Probably worth a phone call to make sure.

3. joespoolhall

joespoolhall VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure about theirs. I had 3 tests last summer due to a procedure being rescheduled and two had a 3 day turnaround and the other was 1 day. I just started getting scripts from them and couldn't be happier with the service. I would guess 3 days or less. Give 'em a call to be sure.

4. Basil

Basil VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay sorry, just did some googling (which I should have done first, my bad). Sounds like Canada is only accepting lab tests, which is not the rapid test. So yeah, looks like a 2-3 day turnaround in Vegas. Realize this is a bit odd, but 72 hours before is 10a Friday, can you get a test before hopping on the plane? Does that even count?

5. Sfgiants13

Sfgiants13 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The rapid test at Walgreens got us our results within about 4 hours. Although availability was kind of a pain because it was right before Christmas but it appears that it's easier to get an appointment now. Pretty stress-free honestly.

6. Whilestockslast

Whilestockslast Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very interested in this as if we are allowed back in from the uk we not only need a 72 hour test into the USA but we need a 72 hour PCR test to get back into the UK - so where can we get that test and how much ? with the proper paperwork to board an aeroplane

7. joespoolhall

joespoolhall VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can probably make your res well in advance. Find out the turnaround at the same time.

8. vegas superfan

vegas superfan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have not but I do know not all CVSs and Walgreens offer it - there's signs all over the ones in my NYC neighborhood stating they do not have tests.

Main Street Station is doing tests - there is a long, detailed post about it somewhere on this board.

9. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CVS last month put in a disclaimer, cannot guarantee 3 day turnaround because of the demand.

Previously they were able to do a 3 day turnaround but recently the demand went up for tests.

But the turnaround also depends on where you are. Doubtful you can get a quick turnaround in LA but may be okay in other areas.

Note: MSS is doing covid tests, but only for people flying on Hawaiian Air.

10. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I took a rapid test last month at an urgent care facility, got a positive result within thirty minutes. My wife then got a rapid test at her regular physician which yielded a false negative. The lab test follow up was five days (due to weekend) for a positive.

11. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same. Here in Vegas, for example, the CVS by the Waldorf is offering them by appointment, but the Walgreen's at Harmon Corner is not. I'm sometimes kinda surprised that any of the Strip drugstores are offering them, considering most of them are basically glorified liquor stores.

I admittedly haven't been tested in a bit, because I have no symptoms and barely go out. Even if I get a positive, it's not like I could do much about it.

12. vegasvstr

vegasvstr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.