1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What are your travel plans for 2021?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by ken2v, Jan 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobby jones

bobby jones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends depends depends

I didn’t even get a staycation last year never mind a real one. One week straight at home would actually be nice. Lots to do around house and yard. We moved here five years ago and have been constantly tinkering with projects on weekends and after hours without “enjoying “ the property. A week of rest, tinkering, local golf, friends/family over for decent meals sounds pretty good right now.

Come fall and early winter something away would be nice if the world is in some kind of order

2. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll have to see if my friend has heard of it. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of Indian food... hah.

3. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, the desired travel plan locations for 2021 are:

Arizona
    Maui
    Vegas

However, completely dependent on vaccination.

• Like Like x 2
  4. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like many, no definite plans yet. Especially air travel, which is only getting more and more hassle-full!

5. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No plans yet. Sit and wait just like in 2020.
    I won't be eligible for the vaccine until Feb.

6. Necrochaos

Necrochaos VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    March - Atlantic City - would be our first time there. Visit my sister in Baltimore along the way.
    August - Vegas. Also plan a few nights hiking in Utah (probably at Zion, Angels Landing).
    October - if fans are allowed at football games, trip to Huntington, WV for a Marshall football game

7. Ten_On_The_End

Ten_On_The_End VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I may have been premature. Just announced that we have to show a negative test to be admitted back into the U.S. Between that and the extra insurance that Costa Rica requires it may not be worth the hassle and extra 600 bucks. Leaning towards "cancel".

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  8. gs32794

gs32794 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Early May. 10 nights. Las Vegas and So. Cal. My sister wants to transfer in a couple years. This is a scouting trip. I'll be visiting friends in Baltimore (possibly NOLA, too) and hitting AC whenever I'm able to get the vaccine. Bigger plans like going back to Europe and Hawaii are on indefinite hold because Covid has seriously affected my income. But going anywhere more than an hour from home will seem exotic.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  9. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hopefully So Cal won't be Covid Central by then. (Lots of So Cal-ers on here, obviously, so keep that in mind when it comes to thoughts/suggestions for your sis.)

• Like Like x 1
  10. NYNYGirl

NYNYGirl VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whatever is drivable from the East Coast. Just to use up my Free nights that have already been extended :rolleyes2: Thank you Chase. But just to at least use them. From my neck of the woods that could be Boston, Niagara Falls or maybe AC...

11. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All plans are tentative due to circumstance beyond my control, but on the agenda…
    • Vegas
    • Road trip with my travel buddy Joey (Australian Cattle Dog) – Perhaps to the Colorado Rockies
    • Sunriver Tennis/poker/eating/drinking trip with old friends ~ We cancelled a memorial trip last May after a hiatus due the death of our dear friend who owned a house there. We made this trip yearly for over a decade.
    Further afield, our tennis group is considering attending the 2022 Australian Open in Melbourne. All we need is money, good health, and for those who are married, spousal permission.

• Like Like x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  12. AlwaysUpForFun

AlwaysUpForFun VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be sure to wave back :thumbsup:

Trip isn't until mid- September so I have plenty of time to plan. So far I have reserved Waksuchi Lodge, Cedar Grove Lodge, and Yosemite Valley Lodge.

13. blue808

blue808 Lahaina Strong.!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've booked our flight and hotels for Vegas in April, but we still are considering it tentative depending on the developing covid circumstances... In the meantime, I plan on taking my 4 grandsons (15-18 y/o) on a weekend hike through Haleakala Crater and Mrs. Blue and I have weekend trips to Hana scheduled.. one in May to decompress from our Vegas trip and one in November with the whole family to celebrate our 47th anniversary.. and we're considering a September trip to Kauai.. just for the heck of it as we haven't been in a long while...

• Like Like x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  14. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bueno, Always. We love Ahwahnee but YV Lodge is the ticket for the pricing. Make sure to do the Mist Falls hike when back in Kings Canyon. The opening bit is dusty through the trees but when you hit the South Fork it's killer.

15. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am already planning my next trip, which right now will be about two weeks from late April through early May. I am strongly considering an overnight at Death Valley, which will be a first for me though I drove through it in 2008 from the West Coast to Vegas. I am also thinking about Joshua Tree NP but not sure about overnighting there. These trips would be part of my Vegas trip. I would just pack a small bag.

I have been doing research on Death Valley and totally get the value of staying overnight but I am curious, if you don't mind sharing, what your overall plans might be given that you mentioned potentially staying there a few days.

During the latter part of my trip I plan to do an overnight again at Zion, where I visited during my 50th birthday trip to Vegas. It's my favorite national park and I've visited a large number of them. I want to hit every single one at some point!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  16. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flowers, drop me a message if you want to talk Joshua and environs.

17. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will do. Thanks!

18. AlwaysUpForFun

AlwaysUpForFun VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't mind sharing our plans at all. This time we were planning on doing a tour ranger led tour of Scotty's Castle restoration. Hiking Mosaic Canyon, Titus Canyon, Golden Canyon and Darwin Falls. I am hoping to spot Pupfish at either Salt Creek or Devil's Hole. There's a new moon during our time in Death Valley, so I am hoping to see the Milky Way. I was also hoping to see Death Valley in bloom, but there has been very little rain this year so it is unlikely to be a very good bloom this year. Possibly we'll take a Jeep tour out to Race Track Playa to see the sailing rocks.

We'll definitley go back out to Father Crowley's Vista and if we get lucky there will be military jets flying through the canyon. We managed to hit it on a good day a few years ago and managed to see about a dozen F-15s go through in about an hour and a half. That was absolutely one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

In previous trips we've seen Badwater, Zabriskie Point, Dante's View, Artist's Drive, Devil's Golf Course, Harmony Borax Mine, Twenty Mule Team Canyon, the Natural Bridge, Ubehebe Crater, Rhyolite Ghost Town. and Mesquite Sand Dunes. I'm sure I am missing a few places we've seen so far.

• Love Love x 1
  19. bwatson23

bwatson23 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Michigan to Yellowstone via car in late June to early July. Then Vegas for a handful of days with the family.

Mid August back to Vegas with the guys (via plane).

Mackinac Island late August for a few days.

Have already caught and beat the virus. Will probably get vaccine in mid June. Will still wear a mask where I am told I have to.

I was able to roll over one week of vacation this year from 2020. I now have 40 paid days off this year, so might as well use them.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow. That sounds amazing.

I hadn't thought about checking for when there is a full moon but I am going to check right now! I didn't plan on it but there was full moon during my Grand Canyon visit in October and it was special and I understand how a full moon when at Death Valley would aid with star gazing. I too would love to see wildflower blooms and the Pupfish. I just read about those.

Thanks again for sharing!!!

Do you have a favorite place to stay? I was looking at The Oasis but just started to do my research.

Edited: Just reread your note and you said New Moon not Full Moon. Never heard of the former but I am on the timeanddate website now. :). Thanks again.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.