1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

New car questions

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Mommaof3babes, Jan 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd encourage you to look at Mazda, perhaps a CX5 or CX9. They're building great stuff lately.

EDC
  2. icopus

icopus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You should compare your current options with Honda. Solid cars and SUVs with better interior build materials than your current considerations. Good gas mileage, low maintenance, and better resell.
    As previously stated, www.edmunds.com is a very good research and comparison resource.

3. Sfgiants13

Sfgiants13 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't have any insight on specific models but if you get a used one check out Hertz or Enterprise car sales. Very good prices on cars that are well maintained. I'm about to get my 3rd one and have had zero issues. I'm about to sell my 14 Corolla to my sister and grab a 2020 model from Enterprise. None of the usual used car sales bs either.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Laostuh

Laostuh Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a 2017 Acura MDX. 2 kids with both strollers it is kind of cramped, and very little cargo room with all 3 rows up. I would look into a 2021 Highlander if I were to shop for a 3 row car but not did not want mini van. It has some good cargo space even with the 3rd row up in my opinion. Not to mention proven reliability, and holds its value better than most brands. 2 years free maintenance doesnt hurt either.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mommaof3babes

Mommaof3babes High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hubby wants a minivan over an suv..

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  6. VeddaLasVegas

VeddaLasVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's both, but I don't know what the miles per gallon is. Too bad about the apartment, hopefully more places will install outlets for hybrids.

7. luck.ofthe.draw

luck.ofthe.draw VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And always test drive a few brands before you buy!
    I know Hondas are popular, and I was ready to get one for my last car, but after driving several models of both Hondas and Mazdas, I just didn't like how they drove, and ended up with my Elantra :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Minivans get short shrift in this often blind lust to get an unneeded SUV.

9. VeddaLasVegas

VeddaLasVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, reminds me of my Hubby. He said "I think I'm going thru a mid-life crisis." I want a mini van! I was like "What???". He traded in his Infinity for the van, but it has all the "bells and whistles". :D A ton of cup holders, USB ports and I think two electrical outlets (for mini fridge for tailgating).

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I drove minivans for about 12 years. I found them perfect for hauling a lot of crap, taking a bunch of people on trips, and even hunting trips.

my wife...well, not so much...

11. vegasvstr

vegasvstr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I see why you're looking from your other post;)
    I'd look at new, certified and or one owner.
    I've had good experience with Toyota, have one at 18 yrs 185k miles, still going with just regular maintenance.
    Personally I wouldn't buy a Dodge or Ford due to some personal and family experiences with those...

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Ten_On_The_End

Ten_On_The_End VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had minivans for 11 years when my kids were young. Practical but not fun. Since we started to do garage/estate sales a few years ago I’ve heard more than once “See a van, see an old man”. No comment. I drive a truck now.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, considering that you just had that huge win, might you consider a Mercedes or BMW??

As I said in my last TR, just because you won that much doesn't mean that you're UP that much, so please take my comment with a little bit of humor. :p

14. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve owned, leased, or have driven as a company car 5 minivans starting in 1990, my last one was about 15 years ago. They are really practical, even more so with 3 kids, and I don’t know why they draw such derision.

About a year ago, I rented a Chrysler Pacifica and I was really impressed with the comfort, visibility, performance, and utility. I drove it for about 600 miles and kind of forgot how handy it was to have all that room. That minivan came a long way from my 1992 Plymouth Voyager with a single sliding door, bench seats.

At this stage of my life, my kids are grown up and I drive a sedan. My wife and two daughters all drive compact SUV’s. If you’re comfortable in your own skin and your choices, rent one for a long weekend and you’ll have your answer.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Running late

Running late High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a 2006 Toyota minivan with about 148,000 miles still going strong. If I was in the market for another minivan I'd get a Toyota again or a Honda. It's nice for trips, hold lots of stuff and gives everyone plenty of room. I love the sliding doors when parked next to another car.

16. Mommaof3babes

Mommaof3babes High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I asked my husband and he said no.. and as tempted as I am to actually go get one, I really dont want one. Lol

• Like Like x 3
  17. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I aquire automobiles for clients all over the country. No suv for you? Talk your husband into it! In that case, may i suggest a Honda odyssey and Toyota sienna if they are in your budget. I do many of of them each year. 90% of my clients lease them. Never any problems especiallyafter only 3 years. both are really the best out there imo. There are many suv you might like if your hubby will go for it. Have fun looking! If that's possible lol..

• Like Like x 2
  18. DDB

DDB Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got 3 kids and a minivan. I wish I had a Tahoe, Suburban or Teluride instead.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Bgoll279

Bgoll279 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have twin 7 year olds and we drive a Honda Odyssey. Our first one was used, and current 2019 was bought new. I can very highly recommend. Our last 7 vehicles have all been Hondas and we really have not had any trouble. My wife did run into one with the other a few years back.

I commute 140 miles a day in a 2018 CRV, but you can’t use it for three kids.

@Packer has been a great resource on car discussions, so I was glad to see him post.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you. Can't get rid of me that easily. Lurking in the background til i have something to contribute.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.