1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

When do you plan on returning?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by pressitagain, Dec 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rgerards

rgerards Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have flights booked for May, hoping the EU will be allowed to travel to the US by then

• Like Like x 2
  2. phade

phade Keeping tabs on LV while not there...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I had been on a hiatus from Vegas as we spent time and money for beach vacations; we had settled upon the idea of a trip to LV this year pre-pandemic but that went out the window. My wife is very very very risk averse - it's who she is, but we both come to the same conclusion from different perspectives. LV will have to wait until a meaningful relaxation in controls. I suspect that would mean the vaccine has taken its hold and/or this has died down. Being realistic, I don't see that happening as much this summer or this year as others do. Will normalcy ever return? No idea, but we need some things to come back to center before visiting.

3. habs0nut

habs0nut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most likely not until 2022. Won't travel until we're able to vaccinated and when it's widely available. We also need to wait for the US-Canada border to open back up to non-essential travel. Ideally it'll be once the shows are back up and running as well. My wife has never been to Vegas and I'd like her first trip to be a little closer to "normal". I'm going on an 8 year gap right now myself so a little longer won't kill me.

Solo
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. ACSCLE

ACSCLE Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A friend of mine had a Utah wedding planned for this last December which got postponed indefinitely. Assuming it is sometime in summer/fall 2021 I will be tying in a Vegas trip with that since you need to fly into McCarron anyway.

I am young-ish, in good enough health, but with that I presume I will be in the last group of people to be eligible for the vaccine and with how slowly Ohio is going about it I really don't know if I will be able to get it by wedding time. I hope so, I expect so, but nothing is a guarantee anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  5. kkinwi

kkinwi VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cancelled my trip for tomorrow :( and rebooked for mid Feb. Have been watching the numbers for Nevada, and just felt I needed to wait, esp after watching some NYE videos.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope you're right about next month and certainly admire your optimism, but do you really expect significant improvements so soon? Or maybe you've already been vaccinated, which is what I'm waiting on. Best of luck!

• Like Like x 1
  7. kkinwi

kkinwi VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL....I live in WI.....there is little to no plan for vaccination roll out! I do try to stay optimistic, and will continue to watch the numbers. I just felt there was likely to be a spike following the holiday travelers.

8. vpmikey

vpmikey Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wife and I are 67 and in good health with no underlying conditions. In our state (Ark) we are scheduled for the third group of vaccine injections, around April. That’s if everything stays on schedule and supplies stay on track. We won’t go back until we are vaccinated.

• Like Like x 2
  9. redsdog

redsdog Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey there - firstly I hope all of you in the States are keeping safe and well. We travel over from the UK fairly regularly but we've put our planned 2020 trip back until May 2022 now. When we come back we want to experience the Las Vegas we know and love. I want to be able to be mask free with no screens at the tables so you can enjoy the social interactions with everyone, thats half the fun of Vegas meeting new interesting people. I just dont know if we will get to that point this year hence opting for 2022. What's everyone's thoughts on that?

• Like Like x 2
  10. STPFan

STPFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fingers crossed for early February. Husband had covid in November and I either didn't catch or was asymptomatic. I have been exposed again in December and still nothing. As long as we can get in some bartop VP will probably go.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Junkyard Hog

Junkyard Hog High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    September 23!!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Headache 21

Headache 21 i don't wanna grow up, i'm a toys'r'us kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i'm still holding out for May - but I'm now at a place where i'd likely push to the fall unless I was able to be vaccinated beforehand. or, ya know, get a mild case of it and get those sweet sweet antibodies.

despite how bad things have gotten I do still believe that things will be better and/or i'll have the shot in time to go in May... but it might not be in time to buy a flight at a decent rate... and summer doesn't really work for my work schedule.

covid... it sucks.

• Like Like x 1
  13. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am booked for end of March. I will go if I have both vaccines in my arm.

I have cancelled two trips already one and one a few week from now.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ripper

ripper High-Roller

When the border fully opens. So who knows.

Little mans 21st birthday!
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Chairman Meow

Chairman Meow Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have missed out on two trip dates now, being from the UK.

We just cancelled and rebooked a February stay at the Bellagio / Cosmo / Paris to November this year in the hope that we can travel by then. We did get an amazing deal at the Bellagio for November though, much better than we had booked for Feb and we have not gambled a cent in Vegas since the 2nd of Jan.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Booked for last week of June, but fully refundable if things are still on the wrong track.

• Like Like x 1
  17. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, I just came back and I'm on 10 day self-quarantine (Santa Clara County, CA). I am scheduled to go again on January 24th, but if the quarantine is extended my employer is canceling all PTO requests if travel requiring self-quarantine is planned.

• Like Like x 1
  18. gr8whitenorth

gr8whitenorth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right now I am thinking about Halloween for our return to the promised land. Even though we can technically go we won't until the land border opens and things normalize just a little bit.

• Like Like x 2
  19. northerngirl

northerngirl High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fingers crossed for August 2021. The sisters/Houston son/Hawaiian Henry had to cancel our August 2020 trip. Sun Country did issue us a credit and tickets need to be booked by April. We will book as we have nothing to lose.

We stay at the CAL and hop between there and MSS. We don’t do shows, but spend a good chunk of our time sitting at the outdoor bar at the Four Queens listening to our favorite bands. The five of us play blackjack together daily and always have the best time.

As of now, MSS isn’t open, no outdoor bands, and blackjack tables are limited to three per table. Will this change by August? Obviously, hoping for the best for all of us Vegas fanatics.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am looking at late summer or fall but not all in until I see vaccination progress.

I'm not going without cases being way down and having had the vaccine, and right now the timeline for me on a vaccine is tough to predict. Could be as early as late March or as late as late summer by the time I have the option (vaccine doses in Canada are prioritized to long term care workers, residents, health workers ) . I am in a spot where I am a hospital employee, but an IT worker who can mainly work from home. So no idea if they will press for total coverage of hospital employees before rolling out to general population.

I have some placeholder get comps booked in the summer and in November for now, and I also have my eye on September. We will see how the year goes.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.