1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Sight for sore eyes! COVID Vaccine!

Discussion in 'Coronavirus in Las Vegas' started by mescalita, Dec 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mescalita

mescalita old and in the way...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got a glimpse of a little spark of light at the end of the tunnel today. Was grocery shopping at my local HEB, saw a dozen or so health care folks lined up at the pharmacy for COVID-19 vaccine shots. I actually got chills from that happy moment...

• Like Like x 22
    • Love Love x 14
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed. The vaccine is out there and the last mile /yard/inch is the toughest to deliver.
    But an overall plan seems to be missing.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife is "1B" in Wisconsin, I applied as her caregiver, but I have gotten no response.

We also don't know when 1B will come up, as the flow of vaccines into Wisconsin are less than expected so far.

It didn't help when a local hospital had to destroy about 500 doses when they were accidentally left out of the freezer overnight.

USBC Nationals are back in Vegas
    • Wow! Wow! x 8
  4. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife is getting it tomorrow...I am glad we are getting to the point of people being vaccinated. She has been exposed several times and has not gotten it yet (knock on wood) but that goes with working in a medical setting these days.

• Like Like x 1
  5. joespoolhall

joespoolhall VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's started. We'll see how long before it get's to the unwashed masses. My brother (that lives with me) and I are both seniors with underlying. Hopefully towards the end of next month. We'll see. I think it gives everyone a little hope.

6. bdautch

bdautch VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whoever somehow made that mistake is just...

7. Catzilla

Catzilla VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have tried to research when we might get ours. We're both over 65 and DH has issues. Oregon has what's called The Covid-19 Vaccination Plan. It's 125 pages long. I still have no clue.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
  8. zoobrew

zoobrew VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Considering that I think that the Federal government has a limited knowledge of exactly how many high risk people live in each state, I expect an uneven rollout between different states. It doesn't help that each state had a different definition of high risk/priority people.

Maybe its time to tip your doctor like the maitre d in the old days:)

9. Kisby

Kisby High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got my first Covid vaccine 2 weeks ago. One more week, I get the second dose. Looking forward to being covered!

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 4
    • Wow! Wow! x 3
  10. Saydeesgoto

Saydeesgoto Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yesterday was a huge celebration at work. I am in administration for a long term care/short term rehab facility. We vaccinated all our patients/residents/and several hundred staff yesterday - 1st dose. Smiles, laughter, and tears shared with all. Only side effect I have is a little of a sore arm where the injection was administered. We had a few staff and residents complain today of feeling achy and feverish. Nothing major.

Have faith everyone, we will beat this virus as a nation! Stay strong, safe, and smart :woohoo:

Tiki bars, slots, national parks, foods, cocktails, laughs, good sleep
    • Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 6
  11. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @mescalita I saw a friend post on FB this morning that she had gotten her vaccine at HEB in Corpus. I didn’t realize their pharmacy was going to do them, unless they are done in the RediClinic that are in the Plus stores. Good to know, maybe my folks can go get theirs at HEB when they’re able.

Happy birthday to me!
    Let’s check Garth off my nieces bucket list!
    • Like Like x 1
  12. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Daughter & Daughter in Law (both RNs) have received 1st dose. DinL had very mild side effects 2nd day. Daughter had Covid last March (from work) - no side effects of vaccine. Still still has antibodies 9 mos later - Yeah!!!! But yes, supposed to still get vaccine.

I’m in Wisc also. I think I’m a 1B also. So far it hasn’t moved into any general population yet. I’m amazed there are states where general pharmacies are already distributing.

13. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Me as well.

14. zoobrew

zoobrew VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I won't be getting my vaccine for months. PA has 12.7 million people and the governor says we have 1 million healthcare/1st responders and we have 2.4 million people over the age of 65.

There are 1 million health care workers and first responders at the front of the phased distribution process and the order Levine issued Wednesday calls for at least 10% of each vaccine shipment to be allocated to health care workers, including those not affiliated with a hospital or health system.
    The process of vaccinating those people is going to take months, Wolf said.

15. SAll11

SAll11 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ohio says to expect 1A and 1B to be completed by the end of February. This includes all healthcare workers and anyone who works in a healthcare facility or long term care facility, anyone over 65, and any adult who works in an Ohio School. Dewine says to expect all schools to be able to be in person by March 1.

16. zoobrew

zoobrew VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since it takes at least 3 weeks to get vaccinated that means all those people will need their 1st shot by the 1st week of Feb. Looks like a long shot to me. So far every response to this virus has been slower than planned.

17. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife got her first shot today. No side effects so far.

I am "hunkering down" and only seeing people in the great outdoors for the most part. Of course, she is at risk every day until the vaccine is more fully effective because she is taking care of patients everyday...that puts her in contact with a good number of people everyday.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Around here they are concentrating on nursing homes.

I'm cool with waiting my turn, but I would like to see some expediency and more accurate updates.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They have started giving the vaccination at our hospital. One of my best friends works at a neighboring hospital and got her vaccination on Sunday morning. She works part time at my hospital too. She felt fine initially. Later that night she said started feeling achy with joint pain. She called in ill the next night. She had the virus back in July or August. She was very ill for about three weeks. She said it felt like she was getting sick again but within 24 hours she was feeling better. I'm hoping I can get mine scheduled so I have a night or two off afterwards.

We were notified that the hospital received enough vaccinations to vaccinate every employee.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Saydeesgoto

Saydeesgoto Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Valgal I too, ended up with body aches late last night and again today. Advil took care of it. Also, I had COVID in late March and early April. We are learning if you have had COVID, you are more likely to feel achy and/or feverish for a day or two. I bet you will be fine. Good luck and thanks for being a nurse :)

Tiki bars, slots, national parks, foods, cocktails, laughs, good sleep
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.