1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Video Poker Draw 6 Card Poker

Discussion in 'Video Poker' started by luridludicloco, Dec 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luridludicloco

luridludicloco High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stumbled upon this machine that I had never played before and on my first pull I got a quad and a pair for two thousand coins, fortunaely quarters, not nickels. I like the game, but it is expensive, and 6/5 BP not really kosher. Still, I will play it sometimes, not for long, just in case. I would love to see a six card Royal. I might never get it. Any interesting comments, tips or anecdotes on this game?

0114077E-16EE-40EE-9D3E-8D20D5929DF9.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  2. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice pull!

Unfortunately, this game has a pretty complex strategy and playing normal VP strategy is also pretty costly. Much more costly than say playing Ultimate X with standard strategy.

Here was an analysis on DDB by a poster at videopoker.com, but unfortunately since the site got reformatted this post is pretty difficult to read.

https://www.videopoker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8551&p=98123

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. luridludicloco

Trips to Las Vegas:
    tringlomane,

Thanks for the link and the comments. Fascinating game. It is a pity it is not available in nickels nearby, and playing it in quarters without dominating the impossible correct strategy can be costly. I have played it again a few times with a, let us say, cowardly strategy. That is, I will play the basic five card game with five coins per line, and correct strategy. Every now and then, if I am up in credits, I will double the bet and play six cards, guessing what to hold. If that works, I will keep playing six cards until it does not work, and then go back to five cards. This sometimes works. The problem is the game is so interesting that even if you know when to run away you don’t :D:D:D.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. kollegekreed

kollegekreed Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve made a lot of money at this game.

Also, I’ve lost a lot of money at this game

5. luridludicloco

Trips to Las Vegas:
    kollegekreed,
    I will not ask you about your net balance in this game, a gambler usually hates questions like that, but I hope you have hit a six card royal, I would be happy if I ever do.

6. kollegekreed

kollegekreed Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven’t, but I actually hit my first ever 5 card Royal on this game which still paid $1000 so was happy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.